NULL

[RELEASE] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha - official thread

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cpasjuste, Jan 23, 2017.

1. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Neo Geo and CPS2 games are running fine, but CPS3 is at 70% speed and for some reason, genesis simply doesn't work.

2. cpasjuste
    OP

cpasjuste GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Hi, here cps3 run's at full speed with almost all shaders. Are you using an heavy shader (xbr..)?

3. whyyes

whyyes GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    Raiden II/DX run especially bad for some reason

4. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Chile
    So a lot of people praise this emulator a lot, I guess you've managed to get games to run at 60fps right?
    Because in games like Marvel vs. Capcom I'm getting 40fps and I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong or not.

5. Lineacero

Lineacero GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2017
    Spain
    Update pfba ps vita please,,,games for spectrum

6. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Chile
    Oh well, I "fixed" it by just installing the CPS1 and CPS2 emulators of PSP instead. These are flawless and run everything at 60fps. There's no reason to spend time and effort in making a Vita emulator when Adrenaline can run the better emulators.

7. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Or try RetroArch. Might be better for you. Not sure if anyone is working on Emulators or Homebrew for the Vita as much anymore.

8. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Chile
    RA Final Burn cores are on the same level as this emulator sadly. Even Captain Commando drops to 50 fps so... yeah.

9. Raibakuoh

Raibakuoh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Had to format my vita today and was about to download PFBA and the GitHub page is dead, I really hate RetroArch somebody knows what happen to this emulator? It worked really well and now I can't find a mirror, I don´t need all the stuff from Retroarch.

10. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    Raibakuoh and Lineacero like this.
  11. tallpr24

tallpr24 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    can someone help me? i have this running on my switch, everything works but it doesn't see the title art or icons. They are all in the correct folder structure
    pfba\support\titles
    pfba\support\icons

I don't see any line I can edit for the patch for cover art. do I need to manually add the lines to the config file?

12. rsn8887

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    This thread is about the Vita version.

13. tallpr24

tallpr24 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    yes it is, sorry, ill move my post.

14. davidgilmour

davidgilmour Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2007
    United States
    Most people don’t even notice frameskipping.
    For me a game only runs at 100% when it has 60fps with 0 frameskipping!

15. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Hey, was there a Super Nintendo emulator for the Vita using this engine? I think there was, but development moved over to the Switch.

16. rsn8887

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    @AkitoUF I am not sure what you’re doing, but you’re doing something wrong.

@davidgilmour, there’s nothing to “not notice” in this emulator. Frameskip can be disabled and there’s a fps counter which shows the number. So I don’t know why you even posted your remark. All your post does is add confusion to the simple question: can this emulator tun Marvel vs. Capcom at full 60fps without frameskip?

Of course the answer is yes. Even the PSP can run this game at full 60 fps without frameskip, so it is no problem for the Vita.

To make sure, I just tested it: Marvel vs Capcom runs at perfect 60 fps using PFBA Vita.

Settings:
    Scaling = fit4:3
    Filter = linear
    Effect = sharp
    Show fps = on
    Frameskip = off

Proof screenshot:
    2019-05-23-073114.

I hope you are not using some plugin that causes slowdown in homebrew. For example "PSV-VSH-Menu" (kuio.skprx, vsh.suprx). Don’t use that one, it is known to cause slowdown. I don’t understand why so many people still use all these plugins, then complain about slowdown. If you want you can try one plugin at a time to find out which one causes the slowdown, then only disable that one.

Another thing to try: make sure you installed the latest version of PFBA from Vitadb.

Last edited by rsn8887, May 23, 2019
  17. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Is it possible to do 2 player local multiplayer adhoc with this emulator to play marvel vs capcom like you can with the psp emulator cps2psp?

18. rsn8887

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    No. But adhoc works using cps2psp even between Vita/Adrenaline and PSP or between Vita/Adrenaline and Vita/Adrenaline :)

cvskid likes this.
  19. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/bel2si/capcom_home_arcade_is_illegally_using_a/

I've heard that one of the Final Burn Alpha developers licensed the use of the emulator to Capcom for its (ugly) arcade joystick... but everyone else on the design team did not. Those members of the team are making their own fork of the emulator called Final Burn Neo without the defector's involvement. Will this recent drama affect PFBA in any way? Or is it too late for any of this to matter?

20. lucks

lucks GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2015
    Canada
    I think yes, no more updates to fba.