RELEASE [Release] OpenRCT2 (RollerCoaster Tycoon 2) for Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by rsn8887, May 6, 2019.

1. rsn8887
    OP

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I just made a very minor update to v1.02. The mouse pointer did not change into the hand when hovering over hotspots in the park, such as the visitors or signs. I also slightly reduced the joystick pointer speed to make it easier to control with the stick.

Download: https://github.com/rsn8887/openrct2/releases/latest

It is enough to just update the .nro nothing else changed from 1.01 to 1.02

Changelog:
    v1.02
    • fix mouse cursor not turning into a hand when hovering over hotspots in the park
    • reduce joystick pointer speed slightly for easier control

Last edited by rsn8887, May 7, 2019
    DSwizzy, KirovAir and lordelan like this.
  2. jacksprat1990

jacksprat1990 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    This is brilliant news. This is something Atari should have done instead of realeasing that other god awful version. A big thanks from me to everyone involved. RCT on the go people!

3. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    no sxos support? intentional or just fluke? i don't care meself just noticed it just blackscreens on their cfw...

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Wow. Just...wow. :blink:

*still doesn't has a switch*

5. cactusjack901

cactusjack901 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    I recorded a quick video to show it off; and in the process, found a visual bug. I haven't played OpenRCT2 in a while, so I don't remember if it's an OpenRCT2 bug or not

6. gonzogonzales

gonzogonzales Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Austria
    Nice i need to test it out on the weekend!

7. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    It looks like an Openrct2 bug but it is hard to tell? Can you maybe check if it happens on Windows also?

Your intro sequence and music is completely different than mine. How did you do that?

I tested and I don’t see this bug when I place buildings but also my building choices are different. I guess you are playing with rct1 assets?

8. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Yeah that's the first rct1 level

9. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    Also I think the big only occurs because you rotated that Coca Cola can building or something. I wonder if it goes away if you rotate the view one or two times...

Btw the rct1 level looks really cool. How can I make it appear and how did you change the title sequence and music? Mine always starts like in my release screenshots.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I use SX OS for testing. No problem here. It takes a really long time to load at first. It writes some files into /switch/openrct2/home/ . After first long boot, then it loads much faster.

Pm sent.

10. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    Oh ok thanks man i actually own this game. I think what happened is i didnt wait long enough if it works for you on sxos i will take your word for it. My second boot did work perfect on atmos thats why i was wondering. I will give sxos another try prob will work fine. Quite impressive! Bravo!

11. Griizly

Griizly Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    Belgium
    root
    Great work thanks ! French language available !

Last edited by Griizly, May 7, 2019
  12. Charli

Charli Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    Charli is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2011
    Germany
    uh, did you maybe build the drinks stall floating in the air in front of the restrooms? Did you try rotating the view?

13. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Fan

May 4, 2016
    United States
    Omfg yes

14. knightowl

knightowl Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2019
    United States
    Just want to say thank you for this - reliving childhood memories on the go now and it's all thanks to you.

One question, if I may - has anyone figured out how to raise/lower platforms and scenery? On the PC version, you would simply hold "shift" and roll the mouse wheel up and down.

I haven't found a way to do this with the current controls for the joycon, making it impossible to stack walls and be more elaborate with scenery as you could in the original games.

Either way much appreciated, porting this was an amazing feat!

rsn8887 likes this.
  15. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    am i the only one who didnt even heard of this game before ? ~.~

16. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    HE DID IT FUCK

17. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    Thank you! This will be fixed in next update coming soon. What I will do: I will map zoom to DPAD up/down, and then y/x buttons are free to work as SHIFT and CTRL. I think the mouse wheel is not needed, it works by just holding SHIFT or CTRL or both and moving the mouse up and down, according to the information I found here: https://openrct2.org/forums/topic/215-scenery-guide-tricks/ .

18. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    Awesome port release! isn't this a Windows 2000/XP game right?! crazy!... I serious hope to see more old school early 2000's Windows XP games gets ported over to the Switch very soon! especially the freeware stuff from back in the day!

19. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Fan

May 4, 2016
    United States
    This is based on a complete rewrite of the game (OpenRCT2) but there are similar projects out there for some of the popular games that might be easier to port

20. xNerfGun

xNerfGun Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2019
    United States
    This makes me wish my switch was hackable :cry:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted