RELEASE [Release] OpenRCT2 (RollerCoaster Tycoon 2) for Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by rsn8887, May 6, 2019.

1. burt111

burt111 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2016
    United States
    not showing on github

2. rsn8887
    OP

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    On the bottom under "Assets:" I am not sure why, but the people at Github keep making the "Assets:" section smaller and smaller, and moving it further down to the bottom. I have no control over that.

I also just uploaded the same version here on gbatemp in the downloads section:
    https://gbatemp.net/download/openrct2.35817/

Last edited by rsn8887, May 8, 2019
    burt111 likes this.
  3. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    can i just remove the config file to initialize the first build on boot after updating?

4. Codiox

Codiox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    South Africa
    Im using fat32 and starting the hbl through another game (Mario odyssey)

When im saving it looks like it's worked, but when I save again I don't see the previous savegame. When I go to loading while Ingame I also can't see the savegame. I can see the folder I created though.

5. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    1. I need to reproduce the save game problem to be able to debug it. Which scenario are you saving?

2. Can you just open the crazy castle scenario, move the camera a bit, and then save from there? If that also doesn't work for you we have to find out what is different between you and me.

3. Is the save game on your sdcard at least? Mine shows up inside OpenRCT2 but also when I connect via FTP it is there: "/switch/openrct2/Crazy Castle.sv6"

4. Another idea: Did you try deleting the files inside "/openrct2/home/" to start fresh? It will take a while to boot because it has to generate the cache files again.

6. Codiox

Codiox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    South Africa
    now my saves are appearing.

I just restarted the game. now everthing is appearing. I used a clean PC install from rct2 without a save. maybe that was the problem?

7. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I'm using SX OS and upon booting I'm not able to actually click anything. All the files are in the correct places. Any ideas, I'm in the middle of upgrading to 1.03

8. Codiox

Codiox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    South Africa
    tried the new version and also added RCT1 now, this is seriously awesome!

One last thing i would like to have to is a hotkey for rotating the buildings. Is there even a hotkey for it?

thank you very much @rsn8887 !

9. rodan100919

rodan100919 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2013
    United States
    Same. I keep pressing L/R thinking they'd rotate the camera. A dedicated pause button would also be nice, though there's not many buttons left to map. L3?
    Side note, I tried out some custom content. Seems as long as it works with OpenRCT2, it'll work fine. It's a few years out of date, but this is still a good resource. Link

So far I have a few custom coasters and scenarios loading in.

10. Codiox

Codiox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    South Africa
    Looks like since the last version the right mouse key is not mapped anymore??

11. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    It is mapped to B and R, according to my code.

I think it doesn't do much even in Windows game, just scrolling when right-click dragging? Strange. I would think the right button has more use.

12. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I just found out you can go to options -> cogwheel icon -> enable cheats at the bottom.

Then you get an extra button in the toolbar for the cheats menu.

There are a LOT of options. Also you can select RCT1 Title sequences in the options menu. If you have copied RCT1 data to rct1 folder, it works. (rct1 also available from gog.com).

13. mitcha

mitcha مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد

Dec 20, 2015
    Algeria
    collo (chullu)
    @rsn8887 thank you and other devs for making this port , great game.
    one question : could we see even in a far future a port of IG2 "industry giant 2" ?
    is this possible ?

14. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    The first question would be: is it open source? If not, the answer would be no.

15. Codiox

Codiox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    South Africa
    Pressing B moves the camera wildly. In 1.02 this worked fine. Can you take a look at it please?
    Right mouse click is important for erasing trees etc. While in building mode so you don't have to change to the caterpillar mode.

Last edited by Codiox, May 9, 2019
  16. Teddy312

Teddy312 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Netherlands
    The game crashes when i either place a entrance or exit. Sometimes it works but then it crashes shortly after while making the path to the entrance or exit (Haven't testes with 1.0.3 yet). It this a known problem or should i try to "reinstall" it? I use the RCT2 files from GOG.

DogParty likes this.
  17. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2019
    United States
    My kids are going to love this ... thanks

18. MrWhosHacking

MrWhosHacking GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2018
    United States

does it work for 8.0.0

19. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    Its does, just make sure its the GOG.com version of the game and you should be fine. I have tried with some other versions with cracks and they didn't work

MrWhosHacking likes this.
  20. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    This will be fixed in next release thanks!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted