RELEASE [Release] OpenRCT2 (RollerCoaster Tycoon 2) for Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by rsn8887, May 6, 2019.

1. Codiox

Codiox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    South Africa
    you are awesome! Any chance to get a hotkey for rotating the buildings while placing them?

2. rsn8887
    OP

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I don’t know which key. Maybe holding something down?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I guess “hold ZR and press dpad left right would” work

3. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I don’t know can you see if this crash happens on latest development version on Windows or Mac too?

Make sure you play with default settings. For example the “multi_threading” option has to be off. And OpenGL rendering also has to be off. Those features are experimental and can lead to crashes.

Last edited by rsn8887, May 10, 2019
  4. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    New release 1.04

https://github.com/openrct2/releases/latest

- Fix right mouse click input
    - Map object rotation to dpad left and camera rotation to dpad right
    - Map backspace to zl+dpad left and escape to zl+dpad right to make room for new rotation mapping

DSwizzy, Ninn and Milenko like this.
  5. MrWhosHacking

MrWhosHacking GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2018
    United States
    Messaging me step-by-step or all the files that I need because I have a game every time I loaded up on my switch it goes black and back to the hub

6. Codiox

Codiox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    South Africa
    -install the gog version of the game (not some old piracy crap stuff)
    -copy the complete installed folder to your rct2 folder on the switch
    -done

7. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006

My old save from v1.03 didn't work for some reason. It does work to save if you start a new game tho.

8. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    That is very strange because only the Switch part of the code changed. Maybe the file got corrupted?!?

Tell me if you encounter any other problems loading/saving. I tested it briefly and load/save worked for me. But I never tested between versions etc.

9. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    Ill try to go back to v1.03 to see if the save is corrupted.

10. n0v317y

n0v317y Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    anyway to display chinese, japanese and korean?
    There are those font in switch system, but they are shown as ??? in openrct2.

11. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    Nvm, my save was in another folder...

12. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    It is not very high on my priority list, but I might find time to look into it eventually.

13. Teddy312

Teddy312 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the reply. I will check if i changed those settings.

Edit: Multithreading was the cause. Thanks!

Last edited by Teddy312, May 10, 2019
  14. Slasher115

Slasher115 Shizuo Heiwajima

Jan 24, 2014
    Ikebukuro
    Are there plans to add network support?

mrniach likes this.
  15. JamesMerloni
    This message by JamesMerloni has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, May 28, 2019, Reason: unnecessary.
    May 28, 2019
  16. Purple_Shyguy
    This message by Purple_Shyguy has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, May 28, 2019, Reason: unnecessary.
    May 28, 2019
  17. WiiHomebrew+Snes
    This message by WiiHomebrew+Snes has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, May 28, 2019, Reason: unnecessary.
    May 28, 2019
  18. ChaoticCinnabon

ChaoticCinnabon Straight outta the town of Mist

Oct 2, 2015
    Canada
    ???
    how would the discord RCT2 work?

19. arnsbo

arnsbo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2019
    United States
    I'm getting an error saying that I can't open the DAT files when I try to open the game. The game was running fine until I changed a few settings in the menu. I have tried removing all the files and starting from scratch and it does not work. Any suggestions? Here is a snippet from the error file:

ERROR[/Users/arne/Dropbox/Home/Git/openrct2/OpenRCT2/src/openrct2/object/ObjectFactory.cpp:229 (CreateObjectFromLegacyFile)]: Error: Unable to open '/switch/openrct2/rct2/ObjData/1920PATH.DAT' when processing object /switch/openrct2/rct2/ObjData/1920PATH.DAT
    ERROR[/Users/arne/Dropbox/Home/Git/openrct2/OpenRCT2/src/openrct2/object/ObjectFactory.cpp:229 (CreateObjectFromLegacyFile)]: Error: Unable to open '/switch/openrct2/rct2/ObjData/BATTRRAM.DAT' when processing object /switch/openrct2/rct2/ObjData/BATTRRAM.DAT
    ERROR[/Users/arne/Dropbox/Home/Git/openrct2/OpenRCT2/src/openrct2/object/ObjectFactory.cpp:229 (CreateObjectFromLegacyFile)]: Error: Unable to open '/switch/openrct2/rct2/ObjData/HADESXXX.DAT' when processing object /switch/openrct2/rct2/ObjData/HADESXXX.DAT

Attached Files:

• err.txt
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
  20. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    It is complaining about missing files. Do you have the files it is complaining about?

Also try deinstalling completely (deleting or renaming Openrct2 folder completely) and reinstalling

Also I have to ask: you are not using exfat correct? Also you made sure none of your folders had the archive bit set?

Last edited by rsn8887, Aug 5, 2019
  21. arnsbo

arnsbo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2019
    United States

Yep I'm an idiot. I only had the standard RCT2 files and the files that were missing are the Triple Thrill pack files. Thanks a bunch, I just figured since I had the game in there all the files would be there. Thanks for pointing out my silly mistake. Also thanks for all your work on this. It is greatly appreciated. You're amazing.

22. DarkSpawn19

DarkSpawn19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2019
    Spain
    Hello, i installed v1.05 for version 9.0 but or I miss the black screen or when I move the courses I get an error and I have to restart the switch.

23. rsn8887
    OP

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    You say "but or I miss the black screen or when I move the courses." What do you mean? When is the game crashing for you?

The latest version was recompiled with new libnx, so it should just work on 9.0. Unfortunately, I don't have 9.0 so I cannot test on that firmware. I just tested the latest version on 8.0 again, and it works for me.

Maybe someone else with 9.0 can help and tell us if they got the game to work on 9.0?

One thing to make sure: Don't use album to start the game. Hold R while launching a title to bring up hbloader, and launch the game from there.

Last edited by rsn8887, Oct 20, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted