Homebrew [Release] OpenHCL 3DS (Hydra Castle Labyrinth port)

JeffRuLz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fQdoGDD.png

OpenHCL is a fanmade, cross-platform port of E. (Buster) Hashimoto's Hydra Castle Labyrinth.
It is a metroidvania game, similar to The Maze of Galious.

This thread is for the 3DS version, but it is also available for the Wii, Vita and PSP.

This version features:
- 3D display
- Inventory displayed on the bottom screen

Download
Source

139775510-da4488ca-0c98-4cd4-aeeb-3b6ed2a607e3.png

Last edited by JeffRuLz,

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got a chance to sit down and test this across three 3DS systems (N3DSXL, 2DSXL, and 2DS). Glad to see that it runs equally well across all 3DS models. :) 3D effect is done really well too, although IMO the 3D effect is too strong at max settings. Just my personal opinion, though; your mileage may vary. Other than that, it looks nice, sounds nice, and plays nice, and is definitely worth having on your 3DS. :)

Reactions: JeffRuLz

JeffRuLz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D effect is done really well too, although IMO the 3D effect is too strong at max settings. Just my personal opinion, though; your mileage may vary.
I actually reduced the 3D intensity late into the project, lol. I've played a few games where the max 3D effect is so mild that it almost looks flat. I figure the max intensity should be a little too strong since you can always slide it down, but you can't slide it past max.

Thank you for the nice comment!

Reactions: kenseiden

Solidsnake451

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had trouble installing homebrew games but this installed and works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

installing this game now

Solidsnake451

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I really like this game though I haven't found a sing key yet and continue to die repeatedly. The only thing that I believe should be different is that you can't jump from ladders. Other than that it is great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...