Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad_killa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i used the reinand cfw 10.6 and cant boot the NTR. Installed the .cia and put the ntr.bin on the sd card but got the failure "Current firmware not supported"

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello, just a quick question.

When using the region free feature of NTR (e.g. using JP cartridge in US console), does it work normally for online gameplay as well?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated from 3.1 to 3.2 bootntr, and now i keep getting the unknown homemenu error upon boot. Is there something im doing wrong? A9lh 10.7 aureinand.

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cant get the cfw to run over rxMode 10.7
It says that it installs correctly but the home menu button acts normally as it would whilst running a 3ds app. All it does is minimise the NTRBoot app and I get no response from it

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
I compiled NTR from source using the original author's repository (not Shadowtrance's) and also the ntr.bin from that same repo (also not the one from Shadowtrance). It is booting on 10.7 a9lh and is patching fine. As an added bonus I have not noticed a crash yet that I can link to NTR which was something I got in Shadowtrance's 3.3-3D build...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1078975/BootNTR-a5870fc.zip

The 6 characters at the end identify the commit point in the repository that the build is based on. It won't include any updates past that point. I may do a new build in the future if there are any significant new commits.

EDIT: The (already reported) issue with CHMM going to black screen is still there... The above crash I referred to is when the system gets stuck on the 3ds loading screen.

EDIT: Just as a reminder... This still requires that you use FIRM 10.2 on N3DS and FIRM 9.6 on O3DS.
No FIRM 10.4 support.

Last edited by shinji257,

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
I cant get the cfw to run over rxMode 10.7
It says that it installs correctly but the home menu button acts normally as it would whilst running a 3ds app. All it does is minimise the NTRBoot app and I get no response from it

Press X + Y and see if the menu comes up. If it does you are fine then. Go ahead and exit the NTR app and move on to whatever app/game you wanted to use it with.

narukyuubito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, need help
N3DS arm9loaderhax emunand 10.7 Reinand
went from 10.7 in emunand aureinand or may be, my NTR CFW 3.2 no longer works. someone can help me?

jdeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shinji257 How did you do it? When I compile (git clone https://github.com/44670/BootNTR.git;build-all.bat), I get an invalid home menu. Your version works fine!(o3dsxl a9lh 10.7 emunand)

edit: Figured it out. You parse the pidf.dump as the readme says and copy the code it genererates into main.c :bnInitParamsByHomeMenu() and recompile. Works great now.

edit2: stock version seems to work now. It seems the 10.7 home menu is the same as the 10.5 home menu (listed as n3ds in source code).

Last edited by jdeath,
Reactions: shinji257

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Actually I built from the repository asis. I didn't add anything. XD

With that said it is possible it didn't have for the version on the o3ds. I have a n3ds and I believe it already had that one in the code.

Can you open an issue on the author's repository and include the needed information so it can be commited? I can rebuild/update the version on my dropbox in the meantime to include it.

Last edited by shinji257,

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
I compiled NTR from source using the original author's repository (not Shadowtrance's) and also the ntr.bin from that same repo (also not the one from Shadowtrance). It is booting on 10.7 a9lh and is patching fine. As an added bonus I have not noticed a crash yet that I can link to NTR which was something I got in Shadowtrance's 3.3-3D build...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1078975/BootNTR-a5870fc.zip

The 6 characters at the end identify the commit point in the repository that the build is based on. It won't include any updates past that point. I may do a new build in the future if there are any significant new commits.

EDIT: The (already reported) issue with CHMM going to black screen is still there... The above crash I referred to is when the system gets stuck on the 3ds loading screen.
i can use it in a9lh WITHOUT emunand? (i only have a direct access to AuReinand in updated sysnand

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Actually I built from the repository asis. I didn't add anything. XD

With that said it is possible it didn't have for the version on the o3ds. I have a n3ds and I believe it already had that one in the code.

Can you open an issue on the author's repository and include the needed information so it can be commited? I can rebuild/update the version on my dropbox in the meantime to include it.

So, how could I get it worked for emunand 10.7? (I am using rxtools if it matters)

jdeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the version shinji257 posted worked on my 10.7 emunand. You just need to boot the firmware compatible with NTR if you use Aureinand. Not sure about rxtools, but I think it should work.

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yes, the version shinji257 posted worked on my 10.7 emunand. You just need to boot the firmware compatible with NTR if you use Aureinand. Not sure about rxtools, but I think it should work.

Yes. Confirmed working with my Rxtools.

Awesome shinji257:grog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hell no