ROM Hack [Release] NSMB2 Luma Plugin (Region Free)

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6Nqm5Kc.png

NSMB2 Customizable, Region Free Luma Plugin
This is a Luma plugin that I made with help from @NintendoGamer28 for New Super Mario Bros. 2. We made this plugin with customization and compatibility in mind. That being said, many of the codes can be customized to allow the user to enter their own values (i.e. coin count modifier) or choose exactly what they want (i.e. Power-Up or Speed Modifier).

Compatibility:
We've done testing on most codes to ensure that this plugin is entirely region free for every version of the game. This includes the Gold Edition, Special Edition, and any other version of the game. Of course, we can't test every code with every version of the game, so there may be some exceptions. If so, please report them to us using the form below.

Usage Instructions:

Prerequisites: You must have the latest version of Luma already installed. I will not provide support on this topic.
  1. Download the latest version of the plugin as a .3gx file from here.
  2. Find the title ID for your game. Since there are so many different title IDs for this game, I'm not going to provide all of them here. You can find your title ID by launching the game, opening the Luma menu (L+Select+DPad Down), and then clicking on Cheats. It will say "no cheats found for <title ID>." Write that down somewhere. If cheats show up instead of a title ID, then there is a file in SD:\cheats\ that contains your title ID as the file name.
  3. Place the plugin file (.3gx from above) into the folder on your SD card: SD:/luma/plugins/<title ID>/.
  4. Download @Nanquitas mod for Luma3DS that allows plugin loading from here.
  5. Place the boot.firm on the root of your 3DS SD Card.
  6. When on the home menu, press L+Select+DPad Down to access the Luma3DS menu (or if you have a different combination, use that).
  7. Enable plugin loading. This option will stay enabled from now on, unless you turn it off.
  8. Start NSMB2.
  9. The plugin should load and you will be greeted with further usage instructions.
  10. This plugin relies heavily on notes to help users understand how to use codes. These notes contain important information such as button activators, which are necessary to properly use each code.
  11. Enable cheats and enjoy!
Features:
-Customizable codes to allow users to choose exactly what they want
-Wide variety of different codes, ranging anywhere from practical to fun.
-All standard features of CTRPluginFramework

Q: The game freezes when I open the menu, or sometimes other times randomly.
A: This is some strange problem with CTRPF, Luma, and NSMB2 when they're all together. Opening the Luma menu with L+Select+DPadDown, and then exiting the menu with B, tends to unfreeze the game most of the time. This is not related to any codes, or to my plugin specifically.

Q: The bottom screen flashes when I use the plugin.
A: That's a problem with CTRPF that doesn't currently have a fix. With certain games, the flashing is a lot more prevalent. NSMB2 happens to be one of the games where it flashes a lot.

Q: How do I convert decimal to hexadecimal?
A: There are many calculators that can do this, here is one of them. If you want an offline one, the Windows 10 calculator can do it if you switch it to Programmer mode.

Q: Some codes don't work until I enter a level or change world.
A: That's normal. The game loads certain values when you enter a new area and doesn't reload them until it needs to. The codes are working as intended.

Q: There's a problem with code X.
A: You can report any bugs or problems using the form below.

Code:
Region (USA/EUR/JPN):
Game version (Gold, Special, Normal, etc):
Luma version (from Luma menu):
Plugin last updated (provide a date) OR version string at the top of the plugin:
Codes not working:
What happens when using the code (error code, crash, nothing, etc):
Any additional details:

Demo Video

(Leave a like to show support)

Download: https://github.com/DarkFlare69/NSMB2-Plugin/raw/master/NSMB2-Plugin.3gx
Source Code: https://github.com/DarkFlare69/NSMB2-Plugin

Credits:
@DarkFlare69 - Plugin, codes, and media
@NintendoGamer28 - Codes, memory dumps, plugin support
@Nanquitas - CTRPluginFramework
Special thanks to anyone who helped with beta testing!

Last edited by DarkFlare69,

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have an issue with this plugin.

Region (USA/EUR/JPN): EUR / USA .cia files
Game version (Gold, Special, Normal, etc): Normal
Luma version (from Luma menu): latest v10.2.1 3gx Loader Edition by Nanquitas
Plugin last updated (provide a date) OR version string at the top of the plugin: N/A
Codes not working: N/A
What happens when using the code (error code, crash, nothing, etc): Screen message (see attached screenshot): 'Outdated plugin file. Check for an updated plugin.' Error code: 0xD8E07402
Any additional details: N/A

Attachments

• Issue.jpg
    Issue.jpg
    745.2 KB · Views: 269

asp3ct_rat10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Plugin last updated (provide a date) OR version string at the top of the plugin: N/A
What happens when using the code (error code, crash, nothing, etc): Screen message (see attached screenshot): 'Outdated plugin file. Check for an updated plugin.' Error code: 0xD8E07402
did you find a fix for this?

DrxyYT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have the same issue but im using the latest version of 3gx loader which is 11.0. And I have the normal game USA. Can you make a update to the plugin so its not outdated please? thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol