Homebrew [RELEASE] NASA - Universal Cia Manager for fw 4.1 - 10.7

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used ver 1.1, and it took me several tries on 10.3 N3DS to get it to go to the menu screen, but it did work. I can also say that it took fewer tries to arrive to that point compared to FBI. :)

I just tested it on 10.3 2DS using the "delete all connections" suggestion, and it booted up on the second try. NSMB2 was installed successfully.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. the method work.
Could you help me? I've installed a legit European animal crossing happy home designer cia on my U 3ds, I attempted to open it up with Hans and all I got was a frozen bottom red screen, I then tried regionfour and all I got was black screens. I deleted the game and downloaded the legit cia from another host, installed and tried hans and regionfour but I was greeted with the same errors. Am I doing something wrong?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Could you help me? I've installed a legit European animal crossing happy home designer cia on my U 3ds, I attempted to open it up with Hans and all I got was a frozen bottom red screen, I then tried regionfour and all I got was black screens. I deleted the game and downloaded the legit cia from another host, installed and tried hans and regionfour but I was greeted with the same errors. Am I doing something wrong?
Did you check hans compatibility? I dont know hhd works through the hans.

here is the thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hans-game-compatibility-thread.400903/

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You need v2.0 .cia file of legit European animal crossing happy home designer cia for it to boot successfully.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It says it works through hans for the most part it looks like it lets you start up the day at least but when I try it doesn't let me boot it at all
oh...no idea. but how about format sd card or try other entry point to launch it.
I will check hhd on my jap 3ds asap. post the result here.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need v2.0 .cia file of legit European animal crossing happy home designer cia for it to boot successfully.
If I download the HHD update in my American 3ds will it work on the European cia in regionfour?
Edit: Nvm I downloaded it but it still gets stuck on a black screen in regionfour

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

Stalls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NASA V.1.1

NASA is a CIA Manager, based on an heavy modified version of latest source of Big Red Menu, which is compatible with ANY firmware >= 4.1.
It uses libSu to get access to required services for LEGIT CIAs installation on fw >= 9.3.

It also have network installation feature which doesn't need double free space cause it will perform a full network installation.

CONTROLS:

Imported Contents:
Digital Pad = Navigate through titles
A = Uninstall a title
Select = Go to Filebrowser

Filebrowser:
Digital Pad = Navigate through folders
A = Install a CIA / Open a Directory
Y = Install a CIA and delete the CIA file after installation
L = Enable / Disable Security Mode
R = Swap between SDMC/NAND installation
Select = Go to Imported Contents

HOW TO USE NETWORK INSTALLATION

To use network installation feature, you need to start NASA and check the IP showed on top screen.
Then you can open a terminal (Linux/Mac) / command-line prompt (Windows) and launch houston with the IP showed on 3DS and the CIA filename as arguments. Example:
Code:
houston 192.168.1.60 file.cia

FAQ

Q) Free Space reported by NASA is wrong and i can't install a CIA file, what can i do?
A) Disable Security Mode.

Q) Can i install any CIA file on fw >= 9.3?
A) No, you can install only LEGIT cias, here you can find a list of available ones with MD5, SHA1 and CRC hases ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-above-9-3.407854/page-52#post-5921202 ).

Q) What's the best way to boot it on fw >= 9.3?
A) I suggest you to use MenuHax as entrypoint with WiFi ENABLED when you launch NASA (NOTE: If you start NASA with Wifi DISABLED on fw >= 9.3, you'll not be able to use Network Installer).

Q) When i use Houston, it asks for a cygwin1.dll file. Where i can find it?
A) https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-3ds/blob/master/JPGV/cygwin1.dll

CREDITS

@Baoulettes and @ihaveamac for testing it during creation
Anyone involved in libSu creation ( https://github.com/delebile/SuperUserLib3DS )
@Myria for libkhax used to perform memchunkhax1.

DOWNLOAD

http://rinnegatamante.it
Can I edit the 3dbrew homebrew apps wiki and put this on there?

vazqalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally was able to install 3 games. I recently bought a new SD card and re-downloaded all the CIA's I had and they all worked flawlessly.

eco999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know but its more convenient :)
If only it had controls on top screen. I won't be able to remember them. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I finally was able to install 3 games. I recently bought a new SD card and re-downloaded all the CIA's I had and they all worked flawlessly.
You could have also done an SD Card transfer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1