ROM Hack [Release] MSBT Editor Reloaded

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I'm working on getting a setup like smash 4 has rn so if I plan on doing MSBT built into it (which I might) I will probably either RE it or figure out a good way to handle using this as a plugin or something. I do plan on converting smb's scripts to C# though and since SplashKit is open source you can just use my code if need be. (However you should be fine, no real need to add lz decomp/comp to your stuff)
In terms of REing the MSBT format yourself. I don't recommend it. It took this project a good many months to figure the whole shebang out and finally get proper label addition working. There was an unknown hash function missing for quite some time. It simply wouldn't be worth your time is all.

sm4shexplorer already uses my editor as a plugin. Users place the executable in the plugins folder and it gets launched by sm4shexplorer.

However, there is an "easier" way if you feel up to it. You can take the MSBT.cs class from my program. I wrote it to pretty much stand alone (though it likely requires my BinaryTools.cs as well) and implement support directly into your tools. You'll just have to do the UI stuff again. The class takes care of loading the file into memory, it gives you access to all labels and their respective strings as well as functions to add, delete, and rename labels. And of course the Save function to write it all back out.

Depending on time constraints, I might add support for the various strange LZ11 files since it's just modifying the existing functions a little bit.

Edit: Actually, the editor already has LZ11 de/compression. It just doesn't support all of the weird flavors like @0x0C and there was another one, that might also be @0x0C but the error looked different.

Last edited by IcySon55,

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

SuperPizzaLuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm new sorry so I can't PM you, but I really need help uncorrupting my melee.msbt.
I was editing character names for some mods I added in Smash, it worked but when I came back to add more I received this error:
yCyFBSW.png

Please help, as I really don't feel like adding all the names per slot again on an original file.
I uploaded it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3l73nf13rdkdubp/melee.msbt

Thank you!

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm new sorry so I can't PM you, but I really need help uncorrupting my melee.msbt.
I was editing character names for some mods I added in Smash, it worked but when I came back to add more I received this error:

Please help, as I really don't feel like adding all the names per slot again on an original file.
I uploaded it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3l73nf13rdkdubp/melee.msbt

Thank you!
Be sure to keep MSBT Editor Reloaded up to date. This problem occurred because of a bug in the older versions of the editor. I will have some time later tonight to take a look at this, no guarantee I can fix it though.

Reactions: I pwned U!

SuperPizzaLuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
Be sure to keep MSBT Editor Reloaded up to date. This problem occurred because of a bug in the older versions of the editor. I will have some time later tonight to take a look at this, no guarantee I can fix it though.

Yeah, sorry about that, using v0.9.7 now. Thank you for your time, I understand if it can't be fixed.

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, sorry about that, using v0.9.7 now. Thank you for your time, I understand if it can't be fixed.
Your broken label is "MmelCharaC_02_Ganon", what text is supposed to be in it?

Nevermind, I figured out that your replacement target was M. Bison and that the string was at the bottom of the file. It has been patched and now works as expected.

Will PM it to you.

Last edited by IcySon55,

bakuni

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

benladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Feature reuqest:
* Import CSV
* Batch export/import CSV
Thanks
Sounds like it would be trouble to add support for that. CSV is just a pain to parse. Not to mention that I've shifted my efforts towards Kuriimu instead of continuing to update MSBT Editor Reloaded. Kuriimu already edits MSBT files better than Reloaded does.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like it would be trouble to add support for that. CSV is just a pain to parse. Not to mention that I've shifted my efforts towards Kuriimu instead of continuing to update MSBT Editor Reloaded. Kuriimu already edits MSBT files better than Reloaded does.
I guess you won't be adding CSV importing to Kuriimu? I guess I can just use the XMSBT by importing it Excel or converting to an Excel friendly format. Thanks for telling me about Kuriimu.

Jaxel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... the menu on the left only allows you to select one item at a time. It would be nice if I could select multiple items so that I can easier delete entries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey