ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

VanquishSTF

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, I wanted to ask if someoned managed to run it using Hans? I'm trying to do so, but I always get an "invalidated icache" error with it. Thanks to my younger Brother I'm on OFW11.4 and don't have a chance for Ntrboot atm.
For Homebrew I'm using NH 2.9.

Mistaka

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I extracted and rebuild 3ds update file(MHXX update file 1.2.0) by Hackingtoolkit3ds.
But this update file I opened by hackingtoolkit3ds can't installed.(I tried to install by FBI. But it failed...)
And Its size is bigger than before. Please tell me. How to install.

P.S.
I have new 3ds B9S, luma 3ds and FBI.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I extracted and rebuild 3ds update file(MHXX update file 1.2.0) by Hackingtoolkit3ds.
But this update file I opened by hackingtoolkit3ds can't installed.(I tried to install by FBI. But it failed...)
And Its size is bigger than before. Please tell me. How to install.

P.S.
I have new 3ds B9S, luma 3ds and FBI.
HackingToolkit3DS currently can't make working CIAs since the "makerom" part is broken, it says so in the update log. It creates the CIA but never works, just google it, it's been uploaded by various people. Either find the one I uploaded with a vid on my old youtube account (comes at the top of the results if you search for "MHXX Update 1.2 English Patch V4", totally not self advertising:P) or go back a few pages, someone had a link to a thread where they have a download link for that too.

As for the bigger size, it's basically because the files are translated and you need more characters to say something in English than in Japanese and because it needs a couple more files so it will work (libraries), plus it has edited logos too when the game loads, so yeah, update itself is about 22MB, while CIA with patch is about 37MB.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does this not have text when talking to NPCs translated? Or did I just do it wrong when patching the CIA?
Read the release notes. The NPCs are among the things that haven't been translated. They don't affect anything, it's just useless dialogue, so there's no point.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So mhxx is just mhx with G quests added? so i can finish mhx then import save to mhxx without missing out?
Yes, you keep your MHX save after importing, so you don't lose anything other than going back to HR8 for the most part. I had a 100% Gen save for example, converted to MHX, then imported to XX and that saved me a LOT of time, no need to do those annoying 50 bnahabra kill quests more than once:P

Reactions: Nimrod-002

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, so i just noticed that an update is available for XX (dunno for how long it's been available)

is this patch compatible with the latest version? and how would i go about updating it after updating the game?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hey, so i just noticed that an update is available for XX (dunno for how long it's been available)

is this patch compatible with the latest version? and how would i go about updating it after updating the game?
Have you tried updating? I haven't noticed any updates past 1.2. The Switch version got one more update, but that was just for the Switch as far as I know... However, if there's an update past 1.2 and you update to that, the patch will most likely stop working until it's updated or only work partially.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Have you tried updating? I haven't noticed any updates past 1.2. The Switch version got one more update, but that was just for the Switch as far as I know... However, if there's an update past 1.2 and you update to that, the patch will most likely stop working until it's updated or only work partially.

I didn't think the 3DS has had another update either, I just checked and version is still the same.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I didn't think the 3DS has had another update either, I just checked and version is still the same.
I know, I was just playing online when that was posted, which should have been impossible if there was another update (I'm on 1.2)...:/

superpower48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HackingToolkit3DS currently can't make working CIAs since the "makerom" part is broken, it says so in the update log. It creates the CIA but never works, just google it, it's been uploaded by various people. Either find the one I uploaded with a vid on my old youtube account (comes at the top of the results if you search for "MHXX Update 1.2 English Patch V4", totally not self advertising:P) or go back a few pages, someone had a link to a thread where they have a download link for that too.

As for the bigger size, it's basically because the files are translated and you need more characters to say something in English than in Japanese and because it needs a couple more files so it will work (libraries), plus it has edited logos too when the game loads, so yeah, update itself is about 22MB, while CIA with patch is about 37MB.

i just downloaded the translated cia but where do i put it lol.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i just downloaded the translated cia but where do i put it lol.
From the nature of this question, it sounds as if you don't even have CFW:/ CIAs are installed using FBI, so put it anywhere in the SD card (suggested location in general is a "CIA" folder in the root of the SD card), load up FBI and install. Simple.

FortuneHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm nitpicking here, but there's a huge chunk of guide of the weapon controls in the hunter's notes are missing.
Just tried to look at how the brave set work for the gunlance, and got lost. .__________.
Is there any plan to translate that? It could be a huge help with getting used to the controls.

shinyrocara98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know I'm nitpicking here, but there's a huge chunk of guide of the weapon controls in the hunter's notes are missing.
Just tried to look at how the brave set work for the gunlance, and got lost. .__________.
Is there any plan to translate that? It could be a huge help with getting used to the controls.
Should all the same Like in Monster Hunter X/Generations

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

FortuneHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should all the same Like in Monster Hunter X/Generations

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

I wish it was. But I don't know whether to hold the button, mash it, click it at the moment the monster attacks, set it to be used with another, or other optional moveset that is lost in translation.
It's not necessary, but I keep flopping around as a gunlance user like a fish and almost died from a bulldrome because of it.

I know, it's a retarded thing to do, using a new move style on a quest without practicing it.
I did kinda bring it upon myself, playing a game hat is not meant to be english.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can help me for find download button!
NRFnucc.png

Reactions: Normie1337 and ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat