ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

HolyBash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whwn will someone add att def and speed modfiers to mh4u? The cheat thats currently out for it is nice but no inf hp no 1 shot kills etc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Whwn will someone add att def and speed modfiers to mh4u? The cheat thats currently out for it is nice but no inf hp no 1 shot kills etc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
What are you even talking about? First of all, this is a thread about MHXX and an english patch for it, so 4U and cheats have nothing to do with this thread. As for modifiers, 4U instead has one hit kills

Reactions: ShroomKing

Yuki19

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
please make the translation file in cia. I mean because there is no easy instruction for dummies on how to use this. (I only suggest this because i found a patch in cia file) (i dont know if it came from you guys but still thank you for this wonderful project.)

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
please make the translation file in cia. I mean because there is no easy instruction for dummies on how to use this. (I only suggest this because i found a patch in cia file) (i dont know if it came from you guys but still thank you for this wonderful project.)
There are instructions in the OP. If you can't even apply the patch despite having instructions, what are you even doing with CFW? As for whether the file you found has this one patch, most probably it does considering it's the only one. If when loading up the game it shows a screen with dasding's name and a comment about the patch, then it is this one.

Dizzy_Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick little thing, I was going through the village story and got to the Village 4* hunt a Najarala key quest. I finished the quest and the game crashed after I got my rewards and tried to go back to the village. I tried one more time after that and it crashed again at the same spot. So I took off the patch and it worked fine.

And as a side note, maybe someone can help me here, maybe not. but I can't seem to update the game, or at the very least I seem to be caught in an update loop. I posted this in the noob question thread, but so far haven't got a reply. On the 3DS home menu, when I click on the game it tells me that "A software update is available." so obviously I click on it to update (so I can hunt online and get DLC) but after the update is done, and I click on the game and I get the same "A software update is available." message. At first, I just thought that there were several updates that needed to be updated individually, but after "updating" 15+ times I don't think thats the case. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I just didn't activate something in the CFW that allows for foreign updates. I followed the 3DSguide as recently as Dec. 8th, so assuming (as I did) that the links that they provide send you to the most recent version then I should be up to date as far as the guide.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Quick little thing, I was going through the village story and got to the Village 4* hunt a Najarala key quest. I finished the quest and the game crashed after I got my rewards and tried to go back to the village. I tried one more time after that and it crashed again at the same spot. So I took off the patch and it worked fine.

And as a side note, maybe someone can help me here, maybe not. but I can't seem to update the game, or at the very least I seem to be caught in an update loop. I posted this in the noob question thread, but so far haven't got a reply. On the 3DS home menu, when I click on the game it tells me that "A software update is available." so obviously I click on it to update (so I can hunt online and get DLC) but after the update is done, and I click on the game and I get the same "A software update is available." message. At first, I just thought that there were several updates that needed to be updated individually, but after "updating" 15+ times I don't think thats the case. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I just didn't activate something in the CFW that allows for foreign updates. I followed the 3DSguide as recently as Dec. 8th, so assuming (as I did) that the links that they provide send you to the most recent version then I should be up to date as far as the guide.
About the crash, it's not caused by the patch, but rather by the LayeredFS Luma has, since it's still not 100% bug free. If you install the patch through CIA rather than apply it over the game, you won't get any crashes.

As for the update, the game's region is Japan, so it will only update on a Japanese 3DS, since updates are downloaded from the eshop and it's only available on the Japanese eshop. To update the game you need to either find a CIA with the 1.2 update or update through FreeShop. The English patch supports version 1.2, so you won't need to do anything else. Also, you can find the 1.2 update with the English patch together as one in CIA, in which case you will no longer need to apply the patch through LayeredFS.

Dizzy_Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the crash, it's not caused by the patch, but rather by the LayeredFS Luma has, since it's still not 100% bug free. If you install the patch through CIA rather than apply it over the game, you won't get any crashes.

As for the update, the game's region is Japan, so it will only update on a Japanese 3DS, since updates are downloaded from the eshop and it's only available on the Japanese eshop. To update the game you need to either find a CIA with the 1.2 update or update through FreeShop. The English patch supports version 1.2, so you won't need to do anything else. Also, you can find the 1.2 update with the English patch together as one in CIA, in which case you will no longer need to apply the patch through LayeredFS.

Oh, I see. I figured there was something simple that I looked over. That really helps a ton! Thank you.

Nitroman

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
First Thank you guys for the amazing works . I've just started MH XX ( After transfering my Save Data ) but I've noticed the game being very blurry , is that normal ? ( I am playing on Citra and It works perfectly in terms of speed and MH GEN also was perfect and there was no blur in it , I just want to confirm it's emulator issue ) .

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First Thank you guys for the amazing works . I've just started MH XX ( After transfering my Save Data ) but I've noticed the game being very blurry , is that normal ? ( I am playing on Citra and It works perfectly in terms of speed and MH GEN also was perfect and there was no blur in it , I just want to confirm it's emulator issue ) .
It's either Citra or just the file you are using, the game shouldn't be any different than Gen (slightly heavier though so light framedrops on 3DS). Check Citra's video filtering options as that's most likely where the blurriness comes from.

HolyBash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you even talking about? First of all, this is a thread about MHXX and an english patch for it, so 4U and cheats have nothing to do with this thread. As for modifiers, 4U instead has one hit kills
Since when?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Since when?
If you are asking since when this thread was NOT about 4U or cheats, since the very first post. If you are asking since when there have been cheats for 4U, since week one or so after release. There are cheats like monster being at 1HP (great for capturing or one shotting stuff), infinite health, invincibility, etc....

Just tested the download, doesn't work. Using Mozilla I get an error when downloading ("not publicly shared") and when I open it it's corrupted. Try reuploading it using a different host.

DarkWolfRaiju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are asking since when this thread was NOT about 4U or cheats, since the very first post. If you are asking since when there have been cheats for 4U, since week one or so after release. There are cheats like monster being at 1HP (great for capturing or one shotting stuff), infinite health, invincibility, etc....

Just tested the download, doesn't work. Using Mozilla I get an error when downloading ("not publicly shared") and when I open it it's corrupted. Try reuploading it using a different host.

So me and Gek aren't the only ones, then.

Dasfilth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technical question: For a lot of the quest dialogue that remained the same from MHG, Couldn't we just merge those English versions into this translation to handle a bulk of the story translation? I realize this doesn't cover new content, but it seems like a step in the right direction in terms of completion.

Reactions: Natural

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o