The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There are some patch notes in the OP.

v1/v1.1
  • Overall clean up of previous content UI.
  • New content in MHXX
  • Monster Names added
  • All Hunter Arts Names and Descriptions added
  • Several Item Names added
  • Styles/descriptions and specific items names/descriptions added
  • All facilities and menus have been transed for usage, but not 100%
  • Some Quest objectives and subquest added
  • All Armor Skill Names, full descriptions, and stats added
  • All palico support moves and skills added
  • Translated Assets
v1.2
  • fixed a crash bug
v2
  • Corrected all vaild reported issues. (Thank you!)
  • Many itemname adjustments and additions.
  • All new weapon names completed.
  • All New Deviant Quest titles.
  • Many Armor name additions.
  • All Quest sub quest entries added.
  • Added Smithy Kinsect translations.
  • Added entries for StreetPass menu.
  • Added most description entries to Lab expansion options.
  • Various UI clean up and additions.
v2.1
  • Adjusted NTR plugin to work with game update
  • Due to popular demand, we have omitted default English Hub Name
  • Cleaned up Guild Card UI
  • Corrected GC Village Names
  • Added more ItemNames
  • More reported issues fixed (Thanks!)
  • All new Palico WeaponNames completed
  • More ArmorNames added
  • Many Additions to Village Request Hunter's Log
  • Added all new Kitchen Ingredients and Dishes
  • New NPC Name additions and changes
  • Various minor fixes and additions

Basically all that is needed has already been translated. Armors are about 99% translated, weapons are 100%, items look like 100% as well, UI is 100%, Palico stuff is 100%, and probably some other things nobody gives two shits about still have to be translated.
But that's stuff they've done, not stuff yet to be done. I'd personally like to know what still needs to be done.

SaphirSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I asked this before, but I don't think I got a reply. So what's basically left to translate? I know MH games aren't really a wall of text, but most projects tend to leave like a progress report of what is and what isn't translated. Basically so people know what to look out for.
The only thing I noticed are all the new quests from mhxx (dialog description) and the monster infos about all the new monsters are not translated, but who cares to be honest

Last edited by SaphirSky,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only think I noticed are all the new quests from mhxx (dialog description) and the monster infos about all the new monsters are not translated but who cares to be honest
I like reading the Monster's info. And it's really not that out of the way to ask what hasn't been done. It helps show a more complete progress report on the project when we know both what is and isn't done.

SaphirSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like reading the Monster's info. And it's really not that out of the way to ask what hasn't been done. It helps show a more complete progress report on the project when we know both what is and isn't done.
True. I also like the Infos and it's maybe not that much work to translate it (but of course im happy with what we have already). Basically we can say that everything thats new in mhxx isn't translated, except item, weapon, armor & monster names, but as said, most descriptions and Infos are still not translated. At least it would be good to have all monster infos.

skateredm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

the dasding team are doing a great job with the translation, that neither obligation of the translation team are, so dont be a dick and STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT A NOT OFFICIAL WORK! want to read monster´s description? WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE! thats not an "essencial" part of the translation

be grateful, dont be a dick

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the dasding team are doing a great job with the translation, that neither obligation of the translation team are, so dont be a dick and STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT A NOT OFFICIAL WORK! want to read monster´s description? WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE! thats not an "essencial" part of the translation

be grateful, dont be a dick
Wow, at no point did say any disrespectful nor did I attack the project. I gave advice to better help show some progress being made by suggesting adding what hasn't been done. By doing this, this not only shows what needs to be done, but better shows what has been done. My suggestion is to look at the project from both angles to better understand the work put into it. If anything it would actually bring a better appreciation for this project if people saw just how much work was put into it, along side the work the work that still needs to be done.

Lapan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are some patch notes in the OP.

v1/v1.1
  • Overall clean up of previous content UI.
  • New content in MHXX
  • Monster Names added
  • All Hunter Arts Names and Descriptions added
  • Several Item Names added
  • Styles/descriptions and specific items names/descriptions added
  • All facilities and menus have been transed for usage, but not 100%
  • Some Quest objectives and subquest added
  • All Armor Skill Names, full descriptions, and stats added
  • All palico support moves and skills added
  • Translated Assets
v1.2
  • fixed a crash bug
v2
  • Corrected all vaild reported issues. (Thank you!)
  • Many itemname adjustments and additions.
  • All new weapon names completed.
  • All New Deviant Quest titles.
  • Many Armor name additions.
  • All Quest sub quest entries added.
  • Added Smithy Kinsect translations.
  • Added entries for StreetPass menu.
  • Added most description entries to Lab expansion options.
  • Various UI clean up and additions.
v2.1
  • Adjusted NTR plugin to work with game update
  • Due to popular demand, we have omitted default English Hub Name
  • Cleaned up Guild Card UI
  • Corrected GC Village Names
  • Added more ItemNames
  • More reported issues fixed (Thanks!)
  • All new Palico WeaponNames completed
  • More ArmorNames added
  • Many Additions to Village Request Hunter's Log
  • Added all new Kitchen Ingredients and Dishes
  • New NPC Name additions and changes
  • Various minor fixes and additions

Basically all that is needed has already been translated. Armors are about 99% translated, weapons are 100%, items look like 100% as well, UI is 100%, Palico stuff is 100%, and probably some other things nobody gives two shits about still have to be translated.

But that's stuff they've done, not stuff yet to be done. I'd personally like to know what still needs to be done.

I did notice a few villager request rewards still being untranslated (most of them are now), other than that I didn't notice much of relevance left.

Toastc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten the update for MHXX to work with the patcher? I updated the game but whenever I launch the game after launching NTR Selector the screen flashes green and stays stuck on the Nintendo 3DS logo. Anyone else has gotten this problem?

clemente970

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Has anyone gotten the update for MHXX to work with the patcher? I updated the game but whenever I launch the game after launching NTR Selector the screen flashes green and stays stuck on the Nintendo 3DS logo. Anyone else has gotten this problem?
Just update to to the new patch (2.1) that problem is solved already

TheNextGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've played any other monster hunter game then you'd already know how to use the weapons as they are the sane controls as mhx and mh generations.
It's needless to translate what 99% of hunters already know

I think he means the controls for the new Brave and Alchemy Styles. Not hard to figure out on your own through practice, but any official information might be nice, I agree.

Reactions: Toady231

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have logged about 35h of XX in the last week and this is actually my first time giving the MH series a chance. I'm extremely happy that this patch exists, thank you for working on it!

On another note: Are MH saves region free? I'd like to transfer my XX save to the US release, but I don't know if X->Gen was even possible so I'd like some clarification.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
I have logged about 35h of XX in the last week and this is actually my first time giving the MH series a chance. I'm extremely happy that this patch exists, thank you for working on it!

On another note: Are MH saves region free? I'd like to transfer my XX save to the US release, but I don't know if X->Gen was even possible so I'd like some clarification.
Saves do not depend on region. However, the Japanese versions of the game MHX/MHXX use a slightly different save format to MHGen and whatever the western version of MHXX will be called (if we even get it in the first place). A easy python script can convert the saves.

Reactions: Psi-hate

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves do not depend on region. However, the Japanese versions of the game MHX/MHXX use a slightly different save format to MHGen and whatever the western version of MHXX will be called (if we even get it in the first place). A easy python script can convert the saves.
Thank you so much for the info! Has there been any save conversions in the past games? Either way I look forward to a possible save converter if XX comes to the west. :)

Gilgastorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i know you need the latest patched mhxx but when nintendo updates it it says it in the downloads but it never updates the actual game it just says this game needs an update. is there a way around this?

ananh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to post this here in the hopes it helps someone else. If you try running the patcher and it hangs when it's trying to write the files, make sure you don't have the DEMO of the Monster hunter XX installed. If you have the demo installed and the actual game, the patcher won't work.

ananh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i know you need the latest patched mhxx but when nintendo updates it it says it in the downloads but it never updates the actual game it just says this game needs an update. is there a way around this?

If you look hard enough you can find the MHXX v1.1.0 update for the game on the site people keep mentioning o.o.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo