1. Ender3Guy

OP Ender3Guy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Credit goes to Crosshex and Team Dasding for this amazing patch.

This is a continuation of Dasding's UI translation patch for MHXX by Crosshex. However, Crosshex seems to be long gone, and the patch he created is now almost impossible to find.
    So I took it upon myself to re-release it, with the goal of finishing the few untranslated areas.

Project Status:
    Almost everything in-game is translated. This includes NPC dialogue.
    To do:
    • Find and replace Crosshex's font with the one used in Dasding's original patch
    • Translate training quests
    • Find a way to translate monster cutscene titles (this may not be possible)
    • Re-work patch method to RomFS decompilation
    Installation:
    Required items:
    • A decrypted MHXX V1.4 update CIA with Dasding's V5 UI patch embedded.
    • The latest release of this patch.
    • The latest release of Beat.
    Install procedure:
    • Launch Beat from wherever you extracted it to.
    • Click on 'apply patch'.
    • Select the downloaded .bps file
    • Select the MHXX .cia
    • Specify the name and location of the new .cia to be created.
    • Sit back and relax as Beat builds your new .cia!
    FAQ
    • Why don't you support patching vanilla update .cia files?
    Vanilla updates are near impossible to find; I spent over two days looking for one. It makes more sense to create a patch for the most commonly available file.
    • When will you finish the translation?
    I have no idea. I have very limited knowledge of Japanese, and as such this will be quite a chore.
    • Is Luma3DS .Bps patching supported?
    Personally, I had no luck with this. So no.

Last edited by Ender3Guy, Aug 14, 2020
  2. masskiss

masskiss Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Woah. I was lurking around, and I stumbled upon that one ambitious thread where the guy claimed they were trying to translate everything in the game. Few years later and no release, I almost laughed. I dunno if they released some translation at some point, but right now there's nothing on the thread. And then I stumbled onto this thread, posted yesterday with no replies. Maybe people already lost interest in the game? Me on the other hand is very excited. I'm rooting for you! Going to try to make this work on mine, we'll see.

3. Vulpes-Vulpeos

Vulpes-Vulpeos GBAtemp Regular

Ukraine
    Hello, I'm working on Russian translation of Monster Hunter XX.
    If you want to translate keyboard, you'll need to hex-edit "swkbd_JP_Japanese.70C56D5E" file from swkbd.arc (system -> swkbd -> message) from main game .cia file. Also you can edit keyboard layout there. I tried to inject keyboard from generations, but it didn't work. So I had to transform Japanese keyboard into Russian XD
    2660, 2670 - ok button text
    2B30 - cancel button text
    9632, 10944, 12144, 12160 - space button text
    3870, 4304, 3404 - backspace button text

It's not difficult to edit the game font. It is stored in resident.arc (GUI -> 02_common -> font).
    font_festa.gfd - font file. It's not difficult to change symbols sizes with hex editor.
    font_festa_00_AM_NOMIP.tex - contains font texture. Kukki can open it and export/import png.

DLC quests are stored in the save file. If you open save file in hex editor you'll see that there are .arc files there. Save .arc part into new file and open it with Karameru. Also you'll need utility to open and edit .gmd files.

Let me know if you find how to translate monster cutscenes. I didn't find anything yet.

4. SoulChaserZX

SoulChaserZX Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    That´s great news and all, but i just wondering if i apply this new patch in my 3ds, will i be able to keep all my stuff that i got? Cause i dont wanna miss the dlc armors/weapon that i got. Btw my game is .cia that is already installed in my 3ds thanks to fbi. Thanks!

5. Ender3Guy

OP Ender3Guy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    If you've already installed an update CIA, you can go ahead and remove it, then re-install it once it is patched. The base game's install files don't need to be touched, and save data will not be affected.

SoulChaserZX likes this.
  6. kforever

kforever Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is awesome! I tested it out on my phone and it works flawlessly. I'll be able to do some Guild HR on my lunch breaks now. :ha:

Don't know if it was just my PC, but FYI for anybody when using Beat: patching the update CIA will throw an error message that it failed— install it anyways. It works just fine.

Looking forward to the completion of this patch! Your efforts are much appreciated. :)

Last edited by kforever, Aug 31, 2020
  7. Eliot15
    This message by Eliot15 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 2, 2020.
    Sep 2, 2020
  8. Eliot15

Eliot15 Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    cant install the fail file it has no file format not cia

9. Dude98

Dude98 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Did you put .cia on the end of it? it makes it a file with no extension unless you do.

Edit: Nevermind, it still doesn't make it a CIA correctly.
    2nd Edit: Yeah, nothing i've tried has made it work, every time i try to install it, it either is a broken cia file, or if i try remote install it says "cert failed." after i installed the 1.4 english v5 update, then re dumped it from my 3ds, i tried to patch it instead, but still no luck.
    3rd Edit: Trying to use luma3ds's bps patching doesn't work either, is there a way to get the files in a way that we can put into luma3ds's custom files folder? it'd be easier than trying to fiddle with a patch file that doesn't really want to work.

Last edited by Dude98, Sep 12, 2020
  10. Eliot15

Eliot15 Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    are you using a decrypt update? i think that is the problemi give up on finding the decrypt updatei will stick on lower vertion of the patch since i cant get help on finding what i need

11. Dude98

Dude98 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    the update file i have is decrypted, if i try to decrypt it myself with my 3ds, it says it's decrypted already. i'm using the update file from the UI Patch thread.
    (can't post hyperlinks yet, even in a quote as i haven't done much on this site)
    it always fails the patch, and gets cert failed when i try to install it. if we had access to the full files that get modded, we could patch them in ourselves using luma3ds's game patching. but other than that, we've got nothing.

Eliot15 likes this.
  12. Dude98

Dude98 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    well, i found something, i have no idea if i'm allowed to share it here because it's a cia file, but it does have english text for dialogue. i installed it on my 3ds and i can read what they're saying now, so i know it worked.
    Edit: Hold on, the one i found is Crosshex's patch, the one that's almost impossible to find.
    Edit 2: i'm gonna put the link in, if it's not allowed, oh well, it was actually kinda easy to find since i found a youtube video that linked to a version up on mega. https://mega.nz/file/DOYHEKYB#fhGnXy1FeM7nEcqZ1ng8n0YnR3MtUZHjv0Lwy-q_N1U

Last edited by Dude98, Sep 13, 2020
    Eliot15 likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, [Release], Monster