Homebrew [Release] Lua Player Plus 3DS (lpp-3ds) - LUA interpreter for 3DS

ShadowCX11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure server doesn't quit connection for any kind of motivation?

(You can check what really happens between server and client by sniffing your connection with utilities like WireShark)
I'm sure. There's nothing that would cause the connection to close. In fact, when a bunch of connections are opened, the 3DS starts closing connections by just ceasing communication.
If you want a look at the Node.js code, let me know.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sure. There's nothing that would cause the connection to close. In fact, when a bunch of connections are opened, the 3DS starts closing connections by just ceasing communication.
If you want a look at the Node.js code, let me know.

A proper report of what happens with WireShark could help understanding if the problem is in lpp-3ds or not.

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A proper report of what happens with WireShark could help understanding if the problem is in lpp-3ds or not.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxbmcigo4olyolq/nothing.pcapng?dl=0
During the capture, I turned my n3DS's wifi on from the home menu, then opened lpp and repeatedly tried to connect with the section of code I posted earlier. Other family members were using the network as well, so there's some traffic to sort through.
My n3DS's IP is 192.168.254.28.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Currently i'm not on my "university" house in Bologna and i don't have an updated version of lpp-3ds sourcecode (since i was working on a major refactor to the whole interpreter and the sourcecode is on my Desktop PC). Anyway, tomorrow i'll take a look to WireShark dump file and i'll try to reproduce the same issue with my console.

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently i'm not on my "university" house in Bologna and i don't have an updated version of lpp-3ds sourcecode (since i was working on a major refactor to the whole interpreter and the sourcecode is on my Desktop PC). Anyway, tomorrow i'll take a look to WireShark dump file and i'll try to reproduce the same issue with my console.
Thanks for your help and consideration!

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxbmcigo4olyolq/nothing.pcapng?dl=0
During the capture, I turned my n3DS's wifi on from the home menu, then opened lpp and repeatedly tried to connect with the section of code I posted earlier. Other family members were using the network as well, so there's some traffic to sort through.
My n3DS's IP is 192.168.254.28.

It looks like N3DS IP doesn't appear at all in your file :/
Are you sure server at least reaches your request? Cause if so, there should be something in that file about it.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
We recently started a new service which will bring to you possibility to download latest version of lpp-3ds already compiled with different sets of flags updated every 4 hours directly from our official repository!

You can take advantage from this service by visiting this link:
http://rinnegatamante.it/lpp-3ds.php

Thanks to @ihaveamac for the help during VPS setup stage (i really hate Linux :P) and thanks to everyone which indirectly contributed to make this possible by visiting my website and using adf.ly links!

DISCLAIMER: I don't read posts on this forum anymore and i don't give support for my homebrews or other stuffs here. If you need help, contact me on Twitter, on my forum or on Wololo's talk.
NOTE: If you need help with lpp-3ds, i've started an Official Support section on my forum.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Whenever I call System.listCIA(), lpp3ds crashes and the 3DS reboots.
Sample:
Code:
cias = System.listCIA() 
while true do 
    if Controls.check(Controls.read(),KEY_HOME) or Controls.check(Controls.read(),KEY_POWER) then 
        System.exit() 
    end 
end
I'm using lastest commit, cia build, lastest DevKitPro, Luma3DS a9lh.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Would it be possible to make a font print center-aligned? (or at least, a function that calculates the amount of x and y pixels of a string printed with a font, so we can calculate the how it should be aligned.)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible to load external Lua library like SQLite with this?

There shouldn't be problem but for some kind of libraries you'll need to rewrite part of the code. (For example if the io library is used cause on lpp-3ds they are slightly different from the original ones cause extdata support.

To do it with a progress bar you'd have to use sockets @PabloMK7
Unfortunately the sockets system/module is broken

It's not broken, it's used for example in FileKong.

Would it be possible to make a font print center-aligned? (or at least, a function that calculates the amount of x and y pixels of a string printed with a font, so we can calculate the how it should be aligned.)

I was working on this feature since the library that lpp-3ds currently uses is the same used in original lua player plus for PSP (that had such feature) but we had problem with that feature (like wrong size as output) and NaNNi (my collaborator who made the TTF library) is kinda hard to find online :P .

Will you be able to support UTF-8? Cuz I want to print some Chinese characters.:)

It's one of my main goals but it will require quite a lot of re-writing so i always postponed such modification for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah you do you got @BakerMan @AncientBoi and @BigOnYa