mfosse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ihK9WNf.png

Settings and features (some settings are only in the config file!)
  • Pro Controllers are supported (because someone is going to ask)
  • Combine JoyCons
    • Combines a pair of JoyCons into a single vJoy device
  • Reverse Stick X/Y
    • Reverses the X/Y direction(s) for both sticks
  • Gyro Controls
    • Enables controlling the mouse with a JoyCon like a WiiMote
  • Prefer Left JoyCon
    • By default, the right JoyCon is used (if found), this forces the program to use the left JoyCon (if found)
  • Gyro Controls Sensitivity X/Y
    • Controls the sensitivity -> higher = more sensitive
    • The X sensitivity also controls the gyro sensitivity for Rz/sl0/sl1 in vJoy
  • Gyroscope Combo Code
    • A number that tells the program which button or set of buttons to use to toggle gyro controls
    • To figure out what number to put in the config, look at the Gyro Combo Code when you press your desired keycombo
  • Quick Toggle Gyro
    • Changes the behavior of the Gyro toggle from a standard switch, to a "always off unless keycombo is pressed" mode
  • Invert Quick Toggle
    • Changes the behavior of the quick toggle from always off unless keycombo is pressed to always on unless keycombo is pressed
  • Gyro Window
    • Opens up a visualizer for the JoyCon's gyroscope
  • Mario Theme
    • Plays the Mario theme on the first connected JoyCon at startup
  • Debug Mode
    • Prints debug info to the console
  • Write Debug to File
    • Writes the debug info to a file
  • Force Poll Update
    • Don't enable this, probably

I'm already aware of this post, but some of the info is pretty out of date, and I figured I should make an official thread.
I've made two reddit posts about this now, and occasionally browse this forum, but still haven't made a post on here about this yet.
Like with the reddit post's I've made before I'll do my best to answer any questions or comments you have.

I don't have a full tutorial on how to use the program at the moment, but I have a basic outline of what to do on the GitHub page, I'll update this if me or someone else makes a full tutorial.
If you're willing to make a tutorial contact me and I'll put it on the GitHub page (as well as here)

Q: What actually is this thing and why should I use it?
  • A: It's a driver that lets you use your JoyCons/Pro Controller with your PC with a lot more functionality than the default Windows driver (Analog stick support, Gyro Controls, Combining JoyCons, etc...)

Source Code on GitHub

Download here

Other Links:

As much as I wish my code was perfect, it probably isn't so if you find any bugs or want to request a feature, you can do that here.

Contact Me
  • If you want to contact me directly for any reason the info is on the GitHub page since I'm not sure if I can post it here

Attachments

• JoyCon-Driver-v0.991.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 13,934
Last edited by mfosse,
D

Deleted User

this isn't working for me in the slightest, i'm using a switch pro controller via USB, i got vjoy configured, but vjoy doesn't detect any input from the controller, and the driver crashes immediately when i click start

also, is the controller supposed to stay off when it's connected? i got no lights on except for the charging light

EDIT: i guess my downfall is that my PC doesn't have bluetooth at all and apparently the pro controller doesn't work without it, rip

Last edited by ,

mfosse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this also work on a Mac using wine to run the program?
The program is windows only, since it relies on vJoy (which is windows only)

A GUI-less version without vJoy could be ported to Mac, and have made a GUI-less version already (since someone requested it) but it isn't ported to Mac and that take a lot of time, which I might actually do if I owned a Mac, but I don't

TLDR: I don't own a Mac but it could be done pretty easily if I did

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this isn't working for me in the slightest, i'm using a switch pro controller via USB, i got vjoy configured, but vjoy doesn't detect any input from the controller, and the driver crashes immediately when i click start

also, is the controller supposed to stay off when it's connected? i got no lights on except for the charging light

EDIT: i guess my downfall is that my PC doesn't have bluetooth at all and apparently the pro controller doesn't work without it, rip

Wired communication with the charging grip is buggy at best, and I'd imagine even buggier with a Pro Controller, I don't own a Pro Controller so it's pretty hard to work on, I've worked with people who do own one to make sure that it works well over bluetooth though

I recommend this Bluetooth adapter

mfosse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get a mod to update the title?
If any mods see this please update the title to [Release] JoyCon-Driver v0.991 for PC

D

Deleted User

How do I get a mod to update the title?
If any mods see this please update the title to [Release] JoyCon-Driver v0.991 for PC
i'd suggest just removing the version number and have it in big bold letters in the post itself that it's beta

RaikuGMR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have a problem, my left joycon has some really annoying imput lag and is unusable, but the right joycon works properly, that happens with all the programs i use, not only this one, what should i do?

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to configure my joy cons in project 64 and it won't let me for some reason. It shows it's connected and I can move the mouse around with gyro controls but none of the inputs register when I'm in controller plugin.

mfosse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a possibility for a mac version?
I don't own a mac, but it could be done pretty easily if I did, but it would have less features and would be pretty different
vJoy is windows only, so I'd have to implement some other way to get the controls to games, but the actual driver that interfaces with the JoyCons/Pro Controller is pretty portable

I could make a version for linux though, if I had the time

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so can we use both of joycons ? one doesnt do anithing( left) and right is recogniced by my computer, =/ sorry i have read the tutorial but there arent alot of information

Reactions: RaikuGMR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16