Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,844,575
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, for someone who has absolutely no clue as to how to go about using any of this stuff, does anyone have a "for dummies" explanation?

Danttebayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Monster Hunter Generations to keep me busy until my cart showed up in the mail and now that it's here I want to transfer my save from the CIA version to the cart.
I've used JK Save Manager a number of times but this is the first time I've come across the 'Error opening save data' error for a game that most certainly has save data. Any ideas what is up?

Reactions: Natural

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Monster Hunter Generations to keep me busy until my cart showed up in the mail and now that it's here I want to transfer my save from the CIA version to the cart.
I've used JK Save Manager a number of times but this is the first time I've come across the 'Error opening save data' error for a game that most certainly has save data. Any ideas what is up?
MHG saves to the SD card/extdata. As long as they're from the same region, you don't need to do anything.

Reactions: Natural

Danttebayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MHG saves to the SD card/extdata. As long as they're from the same region, you don't need to do anything.
Gotcha, thanks. I realized that I don't actually need to do anything because the cart picks up the existing save. I didn't realize they'd save to the same location.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something? I'm using the .3dsx version with my MHGen save and all I get is "error opening save archive". My save has already been created and even has a fair bit of progress. There are no apparent issues with the extra data options.

Note: I/m on 11.0 don't want to potentially screw up anything on my system by trying to downgrade my sysnand - since literally everything from the past 5 years is on there, including my MHgen save
I suspect it's bc I don't have kernel access with Homebrew, but if someone can confirm/correct me on the problem. I haven't run decrypt9 yet, though, so that's the other thing I'm expecting may been done.
I do have a 2DS on on 9.0 with menuhax and an EMUnand setup that I use mainly for save exports that don't involve SD save locations (also 9.0 on EMUnand, though, so no internet access/etc as even HTTPWN doesn't seem to work on 9.0, so not planning to do MHGen on that one). As such I DO know how to downgrade/upgrade to non-current official firmware versions (and I have done it on the 2DS already), it's just not something I'd like to attempt on my main 3DS

EDIT: I think I see now. I assume its like the fanatasy life issue on page 31 and all I need to do is export the ext data. I'll try that now.

Last edited by iSharingan,

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

Need some help with regards to extracting the save data from Hyrule Warriors Legends?

Getting "Error Opening Save archive". Also, am I supposed to extract ExtData? Or the SaveData?

Thanks!

ElderGodz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already started the game but i still get that message
Error opening ExtData! Tittle may not use it. I also get error opening save archive..
HELP!!!!!!!

WaitWhatBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm running 11.0.0.33U

I've gotten this to work, it says the saves complete but it's not in the folder directory. when I look for it on the PC, but when I browser for ExtData, It's there. Did I flub something up?

Last edited by WaitWhatBro,

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so being the noob that I am, I'm terrified to screw anything up. lol

I finally got the Homebrew going through OoT (yay! first time hack!). I open the JK's Save Manager.
Select Monster Hunter Gen.

Now... what exactly do I need to do in order to export my save file so I can use an editor on it?
From what I understand, it's in the Extra Data Options, right?

I just want to Export ExtData?
When I click that, I have the option of "New". Then I need to enter a name if I do that.
Do I need to use any specific name?

This is all very new to me. :(

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lord Blade
You can name it whatever you want. Your save will be put in SD:/JKSV/ExtData/MONSTER_HUNTER_GEN/[folder name]. You can then edit the system file, replace it on SD and use the same folder to import.

Reactions: Joel16

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Went to the site for the JK Save thing, and just put the files to the root of my SD card. So a couple of things went to the root, the others went into that 3ds folder.

JamesyPoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm hoping someone can help me out quickly without me going through 68 pages of stuff. So how exactly do I get the save manager onto my system? (I have homebrew)

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now... what exactly do I need to do in order to export my save file so I can use an editor on it?
From what I understand, it's in the Extra Data Options, right?

I just want to Export ExtData?
Yes, MHG keeps the save file in the ExtData.

When I click that, I have the option of "New". Then I need to enter a name if I do that.
Do I need to use any specific name?
Use any name you want. The right shoulder button automatically fills in the current date and time though, which is quite convenient.

JamesyPoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a cia
I'm new to this and honestly, I don't know what that means :( I'd like to use APM's MHGen save editor but I'm having trouble figuring all this other stuff out. I'm running homebrew through Oot3dhax, and my system is at 11.0.0-33U

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I bought Super Mystery Dungeon, but it won't arrive here until next week. Would it be possible to start a save file in a .cia installed game and then transfer it to the cart later when it arrives using this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases