Homebrew [Release] Inject any app into Health & Safety (O3DS/N3DS/CFW only)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 239,981
  • Replies 527
  • Likes 40

amaru007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When we 1st got the 3DS's a few years ago, they were both 1.0.0
Seems one of my kids updated the fw to 4.5.0 a while back, and I stopped them doing it again.
I made a Gateway NAND backup before doing anything.
After exhausting all the methods of injecting FBI into the sysNAND, I flashed the original GW Nand back to the 3DS.
Using a new sd card, I used decrypt9 to dump the H&S and got that error.
There should be noting installed to the 3DS, the emuNAND with rxtools is on a different sdcard.

The Files I sent, were from a sysNAND dumped via rxtools. The xorpad file also dumped via rxtools.
Do I need to do both again using decrypt9?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When we 1st got the 3DS's a few years ago, they were both 1.0.0
Seems one of my kids updated the fw to 4.5.0 a while back, and I stopped them doing it again.
I made a Gateway NAND backup before doing anything.
After exhausting all the methods of injecting FBI into the sysNAND, I flashed the original GW Nand back to the 3DS.
Using a new sd card, I used decrypt9 to dump the H&S and got that error.
There should be noting installed to the 3DS, the emuNAND with rxtools is on a different sdcard.

The Files I sent, were from a sysNAND dumped via rxtools. The xorpad file also dumped via rxtools.
Do I need to do both again using decrypt9?
No, everything alright. Take a look at your messages. I can't fully exclude Nintendo messed your H&S up. You can't run H&S from the SysNAND either, correct (in it's current, 'unaltered' state)?

Last edited by d0k3,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, @dark_samus3 I have to correct myself a bit. The correct size of the TMD is 2820 byte + 48 * [number_of_active_apps] byte. There can be multiple active apps if one of them is f.e. the manual. In this case the number of active apps is 1.

Reactions: dark_samus3

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to inject something to an already corrupted H&S app? I want to try these steps, but I don't know how to return my H&S app to its unaltered state.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to inject something to an already corrupted H&S app? I want to try these steps, but I don't know how to return my H&S app to its unaltered state.
Corrupted as in totally broken? Well, there is no damage done in trying with the broken file, but if it doesn't work, you need to get the correct version H&S app from somewhere else. Maybe ask a friend with the same console type (O3DS/N3DS), same region and same firmware version to dump it for you? Otherwise, you need to dig deeper. 3DNUS can help you, but you need to know which update includes the H&S app.

Maybe someone else can help further with this?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corrupted as in totally broken? Well, there is no damage done in trying with the broken file, but if it doesn't work, you need to get the correct version H&S app from somewhere else. Maybe ask a friend with the same console type (O3DS/N3DS), same region and same firmware version to dump it for you? Otherwise, you need to dig deeper. 3DNUS can help you, but you need to know which update includes the H&S app.

I can, follow the table on 3dbrew https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list find the tid high and tid low of H&S for your region then grab an update pack corresponding to your current version, find the CIA that has the name tidhightidlow.CIA and install that :) if you need it decrypted I believe (since you might not have access to a CIA installer) you can use Decrypt9 :)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can, follow the table on 3dbrew https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list find the tid high and tid low of H&S for your region then grab an update pack corresponding to your current version, find the CIA that has the name tidhightidlow.CIA and install that :) if you need it decrypted I believe (since you might not have access to a CIA installer) you can use Decrypt9 :)
... and then unpack the decrypted CIA using CTRtool. This contains a very useful BAT script to do exactly that.

EDIT: Ooops, got that wrong. Yup, you can also just install the CIA to fix it, but you need to install to system. And be extra super double careful that you got the correct one.

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I should tell my story :)

My 3DS is an old XL with version 4.3.0-6E. Since the browser version is too low, I couldn't use the latest rxTools in order to update my console. I used v2.6 and installed emuNAND successfully. Then I updated it to 10.3 or something.

Then came the browserhax part, and I wanted to raise my sysNAND version to 9.2. But rxTools v2.6 did not include a devmode. So going back further, with rxTools v2.5.2, I tried to inject FBI to H&S. Now when there's no SD card in the slot, the H&S app does not even show. If I put SD card in, a corrupted one (I think? It gives an error only) is there.

Now I want to inject FBI with this method, but I think my H&S app should be untouched in order to this to work?

... and then unpack the decrypted CIA using CTRtool. This contains a very useful BAT script to do exactly that.

EDIT: Ooops, got that wrong. Yup, you can also just install the CIA to fix it, but you need to install to system. And be extra super double careful that you got the correct one.

I have a CIA installer available at my emuNAND (does it allow me to install to sysNAND, I haven't checked that yet)

Last edited by Rei,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should tell my story :)

My 3DS is an old XL with version 4.3.0-6E. Since the browser version is too low, I couldn't use the latest rxTools in order to update my console. I used v2.6 and installed emuNAND successfully. Then I updated it to 10.3 or something.

Then came the browserhax part, and I wanted to raise my sysNAND version to 9.2. But rxTools v2.6 did not include a devmode. So going back further, with rxTools v2.5.2, I tried to inject FBI to H&S. Now when there's no SD card in the slot, the H&S app does not even show. If I put SD card in, a corrupted one (I think? It gives an error only) is there.

Now I want to inject FBI with this method, but I think my H&S app should be untouched in order to this to work?
Ehh depends, I'd say just grab a CIA, decrypt it with Decrypt9 and unpack it to get the TMD and APP (that actually may not be possible, not sure) then use the inject generator on the APP file and then try injection with Decrypt9 :). As long as you can get a TMD and APP then that should work

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ehh depends, I'd say just grab a CIA, decrypt it with Decrypt9 and unpack it to get the TMD and APP (that actually may not be possible, not sure) then use the inject generator on the APP file and then try injection with Decrypt9 :). As long as you can get a TMD and APP then that should work

This is the closest I can find to my version (4.3.0E-6 is mine, this one is 4.3.0E-10, just the browser ver. is different)
http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=07-24-12_08-00-51&sys=ctr&reg=P&soap=1

H&S app shows as 0004001000022300, then I should install this with 3DNUS?

Oooh now I get what you mean. Instead of getting my own h&s app to inject, you're telling me to use this one. Hmm if I can pinpoint the ver. I will do that.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the closest I can find to my version (4.3.0E-6 is mine, this one is 4.3.0E-10, just the browser ver. is different)
http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=07-24-12_08-00-51&sys=ctr&reg=P&soap=1

Oooh now I get what you mean. Instead of getting my own h&s app to inject, you're telling me to use this one. Hmm if I can pinpoint the ver. I will do that.
Browser version doesn't matter you can use that CIA fine :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait 22300 O.o that's a JPN region version... And you're using EUR acorrding to your post...

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Browser version doesn't matter you can use that CIA fine :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait 22300 O.o that's a JPN region version... And you're using EUR acorrding to your post...

Japan is 20300 I believe, this is 22300. It is also like that in the website you've given (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list)

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Ok so I downloaded 3 files with 3DNUS: 00000001, tmd, cetk files. They don't have file extensions, so I think 00000001 is the app file. I rename that file to hs.app, and put it in the folder with FBI.cia. When I tried to use the script, it gaves me error that hs.app is still encrypted. What to do?

Edit: OK, re-read above. How do I run Decrypt9? Putting only launcher.dat into my sd root and running go.gateway-3ds.com was mentioned in another thread, but that didn't do anything for me.

Edit 2: Gateway Ultra 3.4.1's own launcher.dat does not even run for me anymore. I think I have another problem to solve first :(

Last edited by Rei,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so I downloaded 3 files with 3DNUS: 00000001, tmd, cetk files. They don't have file extensions, so I think 00000001 is the app file. I rename that file to hs.app, and put it in the folder with FBI.cia. When I tried to use the script, it gaves me error that hs.app is still encrypted. What to do?

Edit: OK, re-read above. How do I run Decrypt9? Putting only launcher.dat into my sd root and running go.gateway-3ds.com was mentioned in another thread, but that didn't do anything for me.

Edit 2: Gateway Ultra 3.4.1's own launcher.dat does not even run for me anymore. I think I have another problem to solve first :(
You can just run it via HBL - 3DSX files are included. Or use CakeHax (Decrypt9WIP.dat) and the Spider exploit for that: http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/cakes?Decrypt9WIP.dat

You will need Decrypt9 for both, decrypting the .app (yup, you've got the correct one!) and for injecting it. The correct option to decrypt in Decrypt9 is in Game Decryption -> NCCH/NCSD Decryptor.

EDIT: And, once you got Decrypt9 running, I first suggest you try to dump the H&S app and see how it guess. Maybe it will work that way. Your problem is very strange, though, H&S should never have to do anything with the SD being inserted or not.

Last edited by d0k3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1