Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Serial07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
you're welcome.
thank you for the idea!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I guess you will be happy to know that @smileyhead will also make a Hungarian translation to the next release of Howling Theme Tool
WOW, I didn't know that. :)
Next time, we will translate the 3DS NAND. :D

@smileyhead Köszi, de most éppen nincs rá szükségem. :D

Is it possible to bypass the limit of the max. number of themes somehow? For example patching the Home Menu or something like that.

Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I sent a mail to gateway xD
Please, patch signatures for install themes in CIA, like with Howling Theme Tool...

I'm sure one of you (Gateway team) can do it, should not be that hard for you, I'm sure...

So why?

And Please, answer me, and not with a fucking answer like "We are working on it, release soon..."

Yeah yeah...

Thanks, and of course I'm a Gateway user from the first day :3

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
this is a really great tool thanks.
i wanted a solution for a 3ds for someone so the user can easily choose the theme using the built in home menu option, so thank you!
this application was not truly needed because we have things like chmm but i'm very grateful for the work!

it seemed to work ok on my mac through wine(bottler), but when i go to build the cia, it gets stuck on creating the icons. it is stuck on creating icons 1/6 (i have 6 themes), but the music in the background is still playing so i'm not sure of the true problem.
do i need to enable mono (.net) for this application? (i doubt it, i don't think it would run without it)
you are on a mac (or linux) it seemed @TecXero - any advice?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
i wanted a solution for a 3ds for someone so the user can easily choose the theme using the built in home menu option, so thank you!
this application was not truly needed because we have things like chmm but i'm very grateful for the work!

it seemed to work ok on my mac through wine(bottler), but when i go to build the cia, it gets stuck on creating the icons. it is stuck on creating icons 1/6 (i have 6 themes), but the music in the background is still playing so i'm not sure of the true problem.
do i need to enable mono (.net) for this application? (i doubt it, i don't think it would run without it)
Creating the Icons takes a bit of time. Just wait it out.

Reactions: cearp

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
bmp2icon.exe crashes
for my app, no. for the dependences (bmp2icon, makerom, etc) maybe.
Whats that nsfw theme you showed?
I download it from: www.3dsthemes.com

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm using Mint (linux) so I'm using WINE. WINEBottler is a fork of WINE I've never even touched, so I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to start. It might be a worthwhile idea to setup a Windows VM. Windows XP will run most of the software posted on these forums and doesn't take up much space at all. VirtualBox (if there's a mac port of it) allows a convenient way for your VMs to access your main physical drive.

WaIAfu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works perfect, thanks!

I do have a very minor issue that's probably my own fault and a minor annoyance to me. When using custom themes, it works perfectly and shows up in the theme selection as it should. But when I use an official Japanese theme that I converted to a .cia it shows up in the theme selection menu as a totally different theme. The Japanese, "Orangestar ft IA" shows up as "Spotlight: Peach." It doesn't affect the actual theme, though, just what they show up as when you select them.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omg, I've been waiting for something like this! Thank you for this release. I'm going to try this out later, but first I need to start my favourite theme's hunt! xD

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Chelsea_Fantasy, I was thinking about another feature you could add, but given it's not really useful, I'd understand if it doesn't come anytime soon (even never).

Since you said bought themes aren't deleted when accessing the eShop, even when they were replaced by your tool,I was thinking we could maybe have an option that would allow us to put our themes exactly on themes we own (since the theme shop sometimes gives free themes, I guess some people have at least one or two themes).

I guess that the easiest way to do this is to let people align their themes exactly according to your list by adding useless themes for padding, as follows. The only thing we would need here is the ability to add the same theme several times (so we can put the blank theme each time we need padding), and maybe some line numbering on the left so we know where we put our themes.
Code:
01-Theme 1 on a theme I own
02-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
03-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
04-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
05-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
06-Theme 2 on a theme I own
07-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
08-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
09-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
10-Theme 3 on a theme I own
11-etc
And maybe something even smarter but that one is the thing you'll want to implement least I guess, which would allow us to specify directly in the "Themes to pack" list (the bottom one) how many times we want this theme to be here. So basically, instead of putting the blank theme 3 times, I put the blank theme once and say "3 times please", so the final thing looks as follows.
Code:
01-Theme 1 on a theme I own
02-Blank theme on a theme I do not own X4
06-Theme 2 on a theme I own
07-Blank theme on a theme I do not own X3
10-Theme 3 on a theme I own
11-etc
Or actually, I don't even need the blank theme anymore here. I can just put the first theme 5 times and the second one 4 times. But still, that requires the ability to put several times the same theme and line numbering helps.

And yeah, I guess there are more complicated ways to allow users to do it it but I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Chelsea_Fantasy
Gateway answered me xD

Me:
Please, patch signatures for install themes in CIA, like with Howling Theme Tool...
I'm sure one of you (Gateway team) can do it, should not be that hard for you, I'm sure...
So why?
And Please, answer me, and not with a fucking answer like "We are working on it, release soon..."
Yeah yeah...
Thanks, and of course I'm a Gateway user from the first day :3

Gateway:
Thanks for feedback. Our team is informed of all the requests we receive here
and take them in consideration for future updates based on feasibility and time
required.

Me:
I don't care about your fucking bot.
I want a REAL answer.

Gatway:
This is not a bot, but you are being rude, so this will be our last answer. We
read your suggestion, there is a lot we have achieve, yet, there is many
features we still need to add. We are adding them one by one, based on customer
feedback. Priority now is support for 10.3 sysnand, for the rest, it is all
written down, but we can't guarantee dates as new priorities set in all the time
and any feature is more work than it looks like.

Me:
In this case i'm so sorry, but every time I write you a mail, I have no response, or always the same "we are working on it"
Sorry guys

Reactions: MartyDreamy

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok, i set up XP in a vm, the app runs but actually crashes at creating the icons.
does this not work on XP or should i really try installing .net, you said it might help - just wondering if you are sure about that? :)
thanks for all the hard work, and the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's why I don't want my name all over the place people get things twisted over the smallest...