Homebrew [Release] Homebr3w - Simple Homebrew browser and installer

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing that I started rewriting Homebr3w yesterday

EDIT: Might wanna check TitleDB, because it's not working. Again.
Argh! Stupid systemd things. Between python and now mariadb as well, the titledb app ran out of memory. And of course systemd in all it's awesomeness decided it didn't need restarting. Automatic reloading should be fixed correctly now, but I'll have to bump the specs to give everything more ram to prevent the OOM in the first place.

Wolvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I guess this has been reported but freeShop is no longer able to install by homebr3w (Link to the repo needs to be fixed). And it would be cool to have the downloading and installing info while doing it.

Freeshop CAN be download if the URL on TitleDB is fixed. Which probably would be something for @ksanislo to do

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freeshop CAN be download if the URL on TitleDB is fixed. Which probably would be something for @ksanislo to do
FWIW, I'm pretty sure the URL is correct already... The MD5 from the official URL matches the version that TDB redirects toward.

$ md5 000400000F12EE00.cia freeShop-latest.cia

MD5 (000400000F12EE00.cia) = bfb212234fb2d2c4db55681c9270f393
MD5 (freeShop-latest.cia) = bfb212234fb2d2c4db55681c9270f393

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
FWIW, I'm pretty sure the URL is correct already... The MD5 from the official URL matches the version that TDB redirects toward.

$ md5 000400000F12EE00.cia freeShop-latest.cia

MD5 (000400000F12EE00.cia) = bfb212234fb2d2c4db55681c9270f393
MD5 (freeShop-latest.cia) = bfb212234fb2d2c4db55681c9270f393

I tried to download freeshop from homebr3w on 5 consoles. None of them could do it. Every other homebrew were installed correctly :(

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to download freeshop from homebr3w on 5 consoles. None of them could do it. Every other homebrew were installed correctly :(

How about installing it through the TitleDB menu of FBI? I suppose it's possible that the author is doing something with how they have the CIA hosted that makes it not play nice with Lua Player somehow.

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
How about installing it through the TitleDB menu of FBI? I suppose it's possible that the author is doing something with how they have the CIA hosted that makes it not play nice with Lua Player somehow.

I already have the latest CIA installed, It was for fixing the version glitch in homebr3w (saying It doesn't recognize the version installed) and wanted to know if it can be fixed x)

Wolvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I already have the latest CIA installed, It was for fixing the version glitch in homebr3w (saying It doesn't recognize the version installed) and wanted to know if it can be fixed x)
Sideloading causes that "glitch". Homebr3w can not truly detect versions, just the install time that is being compared with the remote update time. There is an option in the menu to mark unidentified versions as up to date

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mostly I'm asking to help determine if this is a Homebr3w (or really lua, rarely is this sort of thing really a problem with the Homebr3w itself) problem or a TitleDB problem. I don't have easy access to a 3DS to test currently, and it doesn't seem like a TDB issue as far as I can test from a computer.

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
Mostly I'm asking to help determine if this is a Homebr3w (or really lua, rarely is this sort of thing really a problem with the Homebr3w itself) problem or a TitleDB problem. I don't have easy access to a 3DS to test currently, and it doesn't seem like a TDB issue as far as I can test from a computer.

I'll try It out and report

D

Deleted User

THIS IS AMAZING! I only have one request and that is to add a description to all of these. I have no idea what they do so I don't want to install something I don't know about. Other than that, it's perfect! :D

hidd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It isn't possible for the app to scan installed versions? Must I re-download each app to satisfy my ocd needs

ss3matt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't seem to have any effect on anythin but on the startup of this app I get:

Retrieving Homebrew info... [FAILED]

The rest are ok, but that one always bugs me as I get the impression the program isn't running 100%

Anyone aware of this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto