[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Dragoonhurdur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, thank you Robz8 (and team) for TWL, and now DSi menu ++. This is a really cool time for console hacking, especially with Ninti removing support for DSi and Wii ect.

I recently acquired an Australian DSi XL, on firmware 1.4a, and my first roadblock is Flipnote not recognising my SD card.

"dsi.cfw.guide" is my starting point.

I've tried 3 different micro SD cards, with 3 different SD adapters, and also tried unlaunch, and flipnote Lenny, to no success.

I have an R4i gold coming, so I'm only really going to miss out on DSi enhanced games (probably only B/W 2), and DSi ware backups (which I got working on my CFW n3DS, but the small screen & scaling is not as desirable as the huge, low res DSi XL screen for DS stuff).

I'm a bit bummed out, and no amount of trawling has given me a meaningful way forward.

Any pointers would be really helpful. Thanks!

RypaFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, just need a little assistance, my dsi is already booting to HiyaCFW but the dsimenu++ dsiware is not showing in the menu after I copied all the necessary files to correct location. Any thoughts?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, just need a little assistance, my dsi is already booting to HiyaCFW but the dsimenu++ dsiware is not showing in the menu after I copied all the necessary files to correct location. Any thoughts?
Go into "roms" folder, and then "dsiware" folder.

Thiaggus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for all the work involved.
There someone already tried on a Dsi LL(JPN)?
I have one but I didn't see any post about it.
Besides seems to be a little easier (fewer tasks to do), it's working well?

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Thanks for all the work involved.
There someone already tried on a Dsi LL(JPN)?
I have one but I didn't see any post about it.
Besides seems to be a little easier (fewer tasks to do), it's working well?
do not be afraid, everything will work fine on your Japanese dsi. The exploit is multiregional and works with HiyaCFW. Follow this guide to install it https://dsi.cfw.guide/
If U need help go to discord's assistance selection:)

Reactions: Thiaggus

Thiaggus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
do not be afraid, everything will work fine on your Japanese dsi. The exploit is multiregional and works with HiyaCFW. Follow this guide to install it
If U need help go to discord's assistance selection:)
Alright!
I will try it today and after that I'll post the results here later. If I get some trouble Ill won't be shy looking for help by discord's.:shy:
Thanks so much.

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Maybe these are dumb questions.. I have japanese DSi LL, if I install HiyaCFW, will the language still in Japanese or in English?? And is there any way to skip DSi menu and boot to flashcart immediately..

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe these are dumb questions.. I have japanese DSi LL, if I install HiyaCFW, will the language still in Japanese or in English?? And is there any way to skip DSi menu and boot to flashcart immediately..
It will still be in Japanese, unless you use DSiMenu++ alongside Hiya. And no.

danitsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Just discovered this, I always check every so often to see if dsi got a cfw yet. I have 2 wine red UK dsi xl from day 1, it always felt strange dsi not getting a cfw, lol all my handhelds are customised (still not done my switch yet) so now that the dsi is hacked too it's not the odd one out lol. I'll start using my supercard dstwo and acekard2i again :). I rarely post but had to for this, so I could thank you guys for all your hard work. Great job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153