[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Sahaquiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could someone explain to me how to create my own autoboot.bin file for launching titles. I took the file for autobooting srloader and tried to modify it, but without luck.

elPrro01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello, i have a DSi with Unlaunch installed. Now i'm trying to install HiyaCFW and I'm in step 24, but when I run hiyacfw_helper.py, it says "Self-check failed! Script not places in the HiyaCFW "for PC" directory. Please place the script in the correct location before proceding".

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have a DSi with Unlaunch installed. Now i'm trying to install HiyaCFW and I'm in step 24, but when I run hiyacfw_helper.py, it says "Self-check failed! Script not places in the HiyaCFW "for PC" directory. Please place the script in the correct location before proceding".
Move the script to the "for PC" folder.
It's wherever you extracted "HiyaCFW.7z".

EDIT: I think the script is broken for now.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Move the script to the "for PC" folder.
It's wherever you extracted "HiyaCFW.7z".

EDIT: I think the script is broken for now.

The script doesn't pass the self-check on Windows because (at least through cmd) paths use a back slash, the script expects a forward slash. You can just replace the .split('/') with .split('\\') and it works.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
how to uninstall SRLoader ? i just delete the right folder on the SD? SD nand is so small to keep it there, and i need to install my DSiware backups!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to uninstall SRLoader ? i just delete the right folder on the SD? SD nand is so small to keep it there, and i need to install my DSiware backups!
Yes, delete the right folder.
But why? You can launch DSiWare in SRLoader, and you can bypass the 39 title limit via SRLoader's menu.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, delete the right folder.
But why? You can launch DSiWare in SRLoader, and you can bypass the 39 title limit via SRLoader's menu.
Ahhh… what?!
Can we launch DSiWare in SRLoader? How?
It sounds much better than injecting (since some times the injector doesn't work and modifying the NAND just to inject 1 or 2 titles is... not hard, but I'm pretty lazy… so), and it gives a lot more use to SRLoader.
:creep:

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still have to inject the DSiWare, it's just that now you can boot into it instead of the DSi Menu and you can launch your DSiWare from it.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiyaCFW v1.3.2

What's new?
  • Now checks for the size of Launcher's .tmd.
    If it bigger than 0x208 bytes (can be caused by having Unlaunch in the .tmd), a message will be shown, saying to "replace it with a clean one".
  • EUR and JPN Launcher .tmds now bundled!
  • Now reads "bootloader.nds" from the "hiya" folder.
    If you have "bootloader.nds" on the SD card root, please move it into the "hiya" folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol