Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (Private Beta Program)

chin261

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
No problem.
Does anyone know if it is possible to boot in SysNAND without having to do an EmuNAND with GW? I won't use the EmuNAND, so it would be a waste of space :/

Provided you are really on A9HL system nand already.

Download the arm9loaderhax.bin for GW, name it <button>_GW.bin, drop it in /luma/payloads. Hold <button> when booting to activate GW menu.

Work for 3.4.1 launcher.dat (For DS2+ users :ha:), 3.7.1, 4.0a n 4.0b

Last edited by chin261,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not what i meant. the old time machine installed the arm9loaderhax.bin IN the firms and you could not change it. did it changed now?
Oh you're talking about GW's installer, sorry. Actually I am not sure, no one has said anything about it yet I believe.

noreason4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just to be a 100% sure: I followed Plailects Guide and only have SysNAND 11 Eur on my N3DS by now. The only thing i have to do is downloading their arm9loaderhax.bin and place it in /luma/payloads/x_GW.bin and insert launcher.dat (3.7.1 in my case) to the root of SD and it will Boot into sysNAND-GW-Mode?

Does the following still apply:

1. Does updating sysNAND while in GW-Mode still remove A9LH? Aka is there no firm-write protection?
2. People talk about bugs bugs bugs.. are those bugs contained in the downgrading process (i know for sure there are a hell of a lot of those from reading in this forums) or also in launcher.dat? I fear using the newest launcher.dat might brick my N3DS.. or are those people that talk about bricks only referring to the GW-A9LH Installmethod?
3.While in SysNAND GW Mode (if this is possible using this method): What happens if i go to System-Settings and leave them? The N3DS will reboot and i again will have to hold the "x"-button, right?
4. Is it necessary to insert the cartridge while booting to boot into gateway-sysNAND?

Thx!

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does this now actually allow to boot luma or is it still only restricted to booting gateway like the alpha was?

No, restriction lifted and offers using own otp.bin or arm9loaderhax.bin. It will be only gateway IF using their a9lh installer.

You can always use boot manager, luma3ds button chainloader OR three stage 2.

Last edited by liomajor,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Provided you are really on A9HL system nand already.

Download the arm9loaderhax.bin for GW, name it <button>_GW.bin, drop it in /luma/payloads. Hold <button> when booting to activate GW menu.

Work for 3.4.1 launcher.dat (For DS2+ users :ha:), 3.7.1, 4.0a n 4.0b
I can boot the GW menu. The problem is, I can't access GW mode in SysNAND. When I select "Boot GW mode", it flashes, then go back to GW menu.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
GATEWAY FAST BOOT method also known as A9LH.
I haven't read the past seven pages on this so I don't know if it's already been discussed, but did they seriously just rebrand an open source method to make it sound like their product and relegate the original project (which I assume they stole) to a mere 'AKA'?!

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
I haven't read the past seven pages on this so I don't know if it's already been discussed, but did they seriously just rebrand an open source method to make it sound like their product and relegate the original project (which I assume they stole) to a mere 'AKA'?!
not only that. you also can't boot other arm9loaderhax payloads. only the gateway menu.

Reactions: Darthsternie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning