• Replies 574
  • Likes 11

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Speaking of which, does it allow you to have 2 different saves for the same console (one with your retail pokemon and one with your dumped copy of it) or will the new one erase the one you are playing on classic mode on the original cartridge ?
Yes and you can even have multiple ROMs of Pokemon with different saves on each, since the saves are stored in the ROM, so there's always one save per ROM.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Pokémon X/Y DOESN'T WORK via Rom.
you can just open the rom with Gateway ROM Patcher, it will tell you if its a scene release or a gateway dump with the extra data needed for online play

That is incorrect. The game works fine via ROM. I've confirmed it and somebody else has as well. The only problem arises when you are trying to transfer a save from a cart played on a non modified 3DS to the Gateway. It will always come up as corrupt. It will however transfer from a cart that has been saved on a Gateway unit using Classic mode.
he is just testing random downloads to see if they work.......quite confusing to regular readers just seeing POKEMON DOESN'T WORRRKKK lol

Reactions: MGS1980 and cearp

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROMs tested:
Bravely Default: Doesn't allow you to connect, gives the message "You can't connect with this game cart"
Fire Emblem and the Attack on Titan game connect without any problem.
Now I'm gonna test Pokémon X/Y.

Are these dumps of your own, and did you change the extension fro .3DS to .3DZ?

Reactions: cearp

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Are these dumps of your own, and did you change the extension fro .3DS to .3DZ?

Yeah its getting confusing on the thread between roms and own dumped roms, people need to be specific which one they use. I have tested most scene roms and have not got one working yet online with the .3dz change. I'm still trying but don't hold any hope of any scene online roms working :( I give up I have tested now about 20 scene roms and all have come up with the invalid 3DZ error. If anyone can get a scene dump working please specify which one and how:)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah its getting confusing on the thread between roms and own dumped roms, people need to be specific which one they use. I have tested most scene roms and have not got one working yet online with the .3dz change. I'm still trying but don't hold any hope of any scene online roms working :( I give up I have tested now about 20 scene roms and all have come up with the invalid 3DZ error.
basically the only possible roms that would work would be ones released AFTER gateway 2.1, anything released before then will not work online, and even then the majority of roms released afterwards will not work either as release groups started "fixing" the dumps by removing the extra cart data

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
No, there are roms from the Internet.
Some games' online features work, but other don't.

Which ones?, I have tested many now not one work and how did you get them working???. Please write down which ones and scene release, else I think your talking complete rubbish!. In your case Mario Golf Euro should work it was released way before 2.1 omega but it does not.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone successfully imported headers into a scene rom?

And if so, would it be considered "OK" to share them here?

I highly doubt Nintendo will be banning cartridges, they can't even figure out how to make an account based system lol.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
basically the only possible roms that would work would be ones released AFTER gateway 2.1, anything released before then will not work online, and even then the majority of roms released afterwards will not work either as release groups started "fixing" the dumps by removing the extra cart data
well, that's assuming groups stopped dumping with their own special hardware when omega came out, which, i doubt it, i would assume their own hardware is faster etc etc, but who knows :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Has anyone successfully imported headers into a scene rom?

And if so, would it be considered "OK" to share them here?
sure, there's a tool to do it, but i doubt many people would want to their their personal unique header... i know i wouldn't. not for fear of a crime or whatever, but just since... it's mine and unique :)

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just updated. How do u use this save thingy? Keep pressing L where???

Updated Mario kart to 1.1 and tried online (cuz I don't care if I get banned or whatever)
you cannot use online services with this game card error code 002 0123 gotthis error...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well, that's assuming groups stopped dumping with their own special hardware when omega came out, which, i doubt it, i would assume their own hardware is faster etc etc, but who knows :)
yeah but the japanese releases where mainly gateway dumps at first iirc.....the scene doesnt like japanese games so pretty much the whole library of japanese games where dumped, when gateway 2.1 came out in mass, pretty much all US and EUR dumps where already done by pro-sceners with their own set up

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since the thread is going into a fest of tons of questions, I request that people send the useful things via pm or reports to staff members. The OP can be updated with the latest info and FAQ. This would help everyone since answers are in one place and questions actually end up being answered..

Edit: Of course, do post the info in the thread. Just make the staff aware so that it doesn't end up in the mass of replies ^_^

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated. How do u use this save thingy? Keep pressing L where???

Updated Mario kart to 1.1 and tried online (cuz I don't care if I get banned or whatever)
you cannot use online services with this game card error code 002 0123 gotthis error...
Make sure its your own dump and its been renamed to .3DZ
Hold L when you press DS Profile mode in settings and it should bring up the gateway menu. That's where you can use the save backup

Reactions: Chrisssj2

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Which ones?, I have tested many now not one work and how did you get them working???. Please write down which ones and scene release, else I think your talking complete rubbish!. In your case Mario Golf Euro should work it was released way before 2.1 omega but it does not.
all he means mate is that, to go online you need a dump that was done by gateway, as it has the extra data.
when omega was released, some roms were uploaded that were made with gateway (since previously, only people with special hardware could dump games)
so these dumps would work online, since they have the special data, but then people who were dumping via gateway releasing roms started to wipe the extra data to make it more like a 'proper' dump :)
so sure, a few games after omega came out will have the data, but not on purpose

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah but the japanese releases where mainly gateway dumps at first iirc.....the scene doesnt like japanese games so pretty much the whole library of japanese games where dumped, when gateway 2.1 came out in mass, pretty much all US and EUR dumps where already done by pro-sceners with their own set up
yeah, i downloaded a lot of them ;) the one i tried (bravely default), gives me a 3dz error, so i guess they started cleaning their dumps before this one :)
i bet we can see where it cut off, as in find the latest rom from HR team that includes the header, since that means all the previous HR dumps before it would presumably work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in