Homebrew [Release] FTP-GMX - Customize Your FTBrony

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Does this work without accepting that agreement? (CIA build)
Could you remove the ftbrony string from top screen? (This project is debronifying, right? :P)

Vorpal Blade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work without accepting that agreement? (CIA build)
Could you remove the ftbrony string from top screen? (This project is debronifying, right? :P)
I'm not sure what you mean by "accepting that agreement"?

Also you got me; I was actually paying homage to the original application by not changing the text :D.
I updated both .cia and .3dsx download links; now they both say "[ftp] v2.0" instead of "ftbrony v2.0". Now it's truly deponified :rolleyes:

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting major connection issues with the latest version sadly :( My FTP client hangs on "waiting for welcome message" or something and just keeps timing out. Switching back to regular FTPBrony solves the issue.

Vorpal Blade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting major connection issues with the latest version sadly :( My FTP client hangs on "waiting for welcome message" or something and just keeps timing out. Switching back to regular FTPBrony solves the issue.
I haven't gotten errors like that since the early versions of ftbrony :unsure:
My only suggestion is trying the FireZilla Client and using these settings (these are the settings I use and they work great):
2UGvFy4CcOgE

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't gotten errors like that since the early versions of ftbrony :unsure:
My only suggestion is trying the FireZilla Client and using these settings (these are the settings I use and they work great):
2UGvFy4CcOgE
Sadly that's exactly what I'm using, with those same settings :(

_D1360_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I rather FTP apps for small files, because I've had disconection issues, big big files SD management never ve had disconections at all. I found a cia for SD management that won't kick you out emunand for using this awesome tool.

Vorpal Blade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Added .3ds version to first post
  • Also fixed the first command line that reads "ftbrony" (it was accurate in version 2.0 and I didn't notice it was incorrect in 2.1!) (please re-download if you want the "ftbrony" command line eliminated)

Sadly that's exactly what I'm using, with those same settings :(
You don't have to go out of your way or anything, but could you tell me if it hangs in the hombrew .3dsx version? (I assumed the problem you have is from the .cia install)

I rather FTP apps for small files, because I've had disconection issues, big big files SD management never ve had disconections at all. I found a cia for SD management that won't kick you out emunand for using this awesome tool.
I use it for both small and big files (I transferred a 2GB file just a few minutes ago!). I have been unofficially testing both ftbrony2.1.cia and MicroSDCardManager.cia. With ftp, I get an average 1.4MB/s transfer rate; with sd card manager, I get an average 800KB/s transfer rate. Perhaps this app works a little too good for me ;)

_D1360_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
  • Added .3ds version to first post
  • Also fixed the first command line that reads "ftbrony" (it was accurate in version 2.0 and I didn't notice it was incorrect in 2.1!) (please re-download if you want the "ftbrony" command line eliminated)

You don't have to go out of your way or anything, but could you tell me if it hangs in the hombrew .3dsx version? (I assumed the problem you have is from the .cia install)

I use it for both small and big files (I transferred a 2GB file just a few minutes ago!). I have been unofficially testing both ftbrony2.1.cia and MicroSDCardManager.cia. With ftp, I get an average 1.4MB/s transfer rate; with sd card manager, I get an average 800KB/s transfer rate. Perhaps this app works a little too good for me ;)

ill try big ones oin this files. may be kernel access gave some actual stability!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe kernel access gave stability!

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
That sucks mate :(. The 2.0 version also flops for you?

If you're still itching for an FTP .cia, here's another build made by @iamevn: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ftp-3ds.395195/
I tried again and it just started working for some reason, which is random but as long as it works I'm happy! It still hangs for a long time at "Connection established, waiting for welcome message..." every time I try to move a file or on the initial connect to the server, but eventually it resolves and connects. Thanks for the help!

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was searching for an FTBrony.cia and I just could not find a working link! So I made my own. Here's to anyone interested. I also took the liberty of "de-ponifying it"; that smug my-little-pony character got on my nerves.

Tested on the emunands of an o3DS 10.3 and n3DS 9.5
  • Current Depony Version: 2.1
  • Current ftbrony version can be found here

Product Code: FTPcia2.1
Unique ID: 0x0026e
Download .CIA: ftbrony-depony-2.1-consoleprint.zip
Download .3ds (for flashcarts): ftbrony-depony-2.1-consoleprint-fc.zip
Download .3dsx (for homebrew): ftbrony2.1-deponified-HLver-consoleprint.zip

Updated to ftbrony v2.0!
Updated console text to read "[ftp]" instead of "ftbrony"

Here's some screens:
2UIWbiYTX65O

Like my theme? Download it here!
----------------------------------------------------------

Credit and Thanks to :bow::
  • mtheall - creator of ftbrony
  • daxtsu - post on how to make a .cia file
Nice! Also, why not send mtheall a pull request on GitHub? I'm pretty sure he will want to keep that annoying (but by now very familiar) my little pony theme, but compiling CIA and 3DS would in fact be very useful. If you don't want to do the PR, maybe you want to show us your modified Makefile?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! Also, why not send mtheall a pull request on GitHub? I'm pretty sure he will want to keep that annoying (but by now very familiar) my little pony theme, but compiling CIA and 3DS would in fact be very useful. If you don't want to do the PR, maybe you want to show us your modified Makefile?
It's pretty easy to add .cia and .3ds builds to the makefile (assuming ctrcommon/citrus isn't used where it already does it)...

For example... (this is a little old but you get the point i guess). :)

Code:
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# main targets
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$(OUTPUT).3dsx    :    $(OUTPUT).elf $(OUTPUT).smdh $(OUTPUT).cia $(OUTPUT).3ds

$(OUTPUT).elf    :    $(OFILES)

$(OUTPUT).cia    :     $(OUTPUT).elf
    @cp $(OUTPUT).elf $(TARGET)_stripped.elf
    @$(PREFIX)strip $(TARGET)_stripped.elf
    $(TOPDIR)/cci/makerom -f cia -o $(OUTPUT).cia -rsf $(TOPDIR)/cci/build_cia.rsf -target t -exefslogo -elf $(TARGET)_stripped.elf -icon $(TOPDIR)/cci/icon.bin -banner $(TOPDIR)/cci/banner.bin

$(OUTPUT).3ds    :     $(OUTPUT).elf
    @cp $(OUTPUT).elf $(TARGET)_stripped.elf
    @$(PREFIX)strip $(TARGET)_stripped.elf
    $(TOPDIR)/cci/makerom -f cci -o $(OUTPUT).3ds -rsf $(TOPDIR)/cci/gw_workaround.rsf -target d -exefslogo -elf $(TARGET)_stripped.elf -icon $(TOPDIR)/cci/icon.bin -banner $(TOPDIR)/cci/banner.bin

Reactions: d0k3

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
To those having connection issues, try assigning your 3DS a static IP and opening port 5000 on your router. Port forwarding shouldn't be necessary for local network stuff, but some routers are finicky like that. Also make sure that if you're a Windows user with a firewall like ESS that it isn't interfering with the connection.

Thanks for this! I like MicroSD management because I don't have to open FileZilla, but this is cool. Thanks for the CIA

FTP > SMB

Now if only someone would port SSH to the 3DS so that we could use SCP. :rolleyes:

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking