Status
Not open for further replies.

freakshow

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey!

What information can Nintendo gather from me, if I use this app to download and install games?
I mean, if I use vpn with this would I stay anonymous? Or are there some kind of keys/id/sn unique to my console that are sent?

I imagine they already know my ip and my console keys/id/sn (if any exist) if they logged them when I updated my system and can cross-refer to get my location, if they wanted.
If this is the case, using vpn would probably be more suspicious.

I don't know if Nintendo has banned ips of vpn services so all this may be pointless.

Sorry if these questions are already answered. I couldn't find anything.

Edit: Thanks for answers!

Last edited by freakshow,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey!

What information can Nintendo gather from me, if I use this app to download and install games?
I mean, if I use vpn with this would I stay anonymous? Or are there some kind of keys/id/sn unique to my console that are sent?

I imagine they already know my ip and my console keys/id/sn (if any exist) if they logged them when I updated my system and can cross-refer to get my location, if they wanted.
If this is the case, using vpn would probably be more suspicious.

I don't know if Nintendo has banned ips of vpn services so all this may be pointless.

Sorry if these questions are already answered. I couldn't find anything.
Uh, you can't connect to a VPN on a 3DS. Also, there's nothing they can do about this, so there's no need for paranoia.

MikeKlump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When playing some games I am getting crashes.

"An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)"

This has happened playing Shovel Knight and Mario Kart 7.

I have been able to play some other games for longer but this error comes up repeatedly with Shovel Knight even after uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times. Any ideas?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

"An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)"

I have been able to play some other games for longer but this error comes up repeatedly with Shovel Knight even after uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times. Any ideas?
Could be an SD card issue. Check it with H2testw or try another SD card.

Reactions: MikeKlump

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

This has nothing to do with freeShop and is probably more indicative of hardware failure. Try using a different SD.

Reactions: MikeKlump

MikeKlump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would test the SD cards with H2testw like Xiphiidae said. If you're getting the same kind of SD card from same kind of place, they might all be the same...
Is there a similar program for mac?

Do you have your SD formatted to use a 32k cluster size?
I formatted the card when I got it to fat32 i think.

I'm currently using an SD card that was in another 3ds that was working fine so I'm not sure if it's the card but open to any help.

Last edited by MikeKlump,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there a similar program for mac?

I formatted the card when I got it to fat32 i think.

I'm currently using an SD card that was in another 3ds that was working fine so I'm not sure if it's the card but open to any help.
Code:
sudo umount /dev/yourdiskdevice
sudo newfs_msdos -F 32 -V somevolumename /dev/yourdiskdevice

This will format it properly on a Mac. Use "diskutil list" to find the location of your SD.

MikeKlump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
sudo umount /dev/yourdiskdevice
sudo newfs_msdos -F 32 -V somevolumename /dev/yourdiskdevice

This will format it properly on a Mac. Use "diskutil list" to find the location of your SD.
Thanks I will try this if F3X doesn't work.

Last edited by MikeKlump,

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I treid getting Yoshi's wooly world from the freeshop but couldn't find it. I installed the ticket from cia angle and went the to the eshop, but they asked me to update so I was like I'm outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol