Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you go online with a game BEFORE is relase, like in the case of Sun and Moon, but normaly game don't appear on the app before the relase date.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with freeShop, you can't go online before the game is released since you need the seed and the seed won't be released until the actual game is released. Only time this would be an issue would be a staggered release like Sun/Moon where Europe got it almost a week later. If you stick to your own region, it won't be an issue. When you go out of region and deal with these staggered releases that's when the trouble happens.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with freeShop, you can't go online before the game is released since you need the seed and the seed won't be released until the actual game is released. Only time this would be an issue would be a staggered release like Sun/Moon where Europe got it almost a week later. If you stick to your own region, it won't be an issue. When you go out of region and deal with these staggered releases that's when the trouble happens.
You need the seed to install the game.
But, you can use the cartridge (.3ds) convert it to cia with decrypt9 and install it.
And so, you can be connected online before the game was release.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the seed to install the game.
But, you can use the cartridge (.3ds) convert it to cia with decrypt9 and install it.
And so, you can be connected online before the game was release.
I'm not talking about cartridge dumps. I said "with freeShop" not "cartridge dump". Also you don't need the seed to install. You can install fine without the seed. You need it to PLAY the game. If you needed the seed to install, preloads wouldn't work.

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter if it's a digital title from freeshop or an actual legit cartridge. People that got banned playing Sun/Moon went on-line with their game before it was released in their region.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't matter if it's a digital title from freeshop or an actual legit cartridge. People that got banned playing Sun/Moon went on-line with their game before it was released in their region.
The original question was in regards to FreeShop, which as the person you quoted said, you can't go online (Or even play) a game downloaded from FreeShop prior to its release, due to seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D