Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I guess this is not gonna matter so much, but a huge thanks to everyone who made this homebrew a reality. This was a great idea and it works perfectly. (and it's more ergonomic than the actual eShop, go figure..!)
Much gratitude!

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
BCSTM format has intro/loop. OGG just loops. You can download some BCSTM audio here: http://smashcustommusic.com/ or there is software to make your own too.

The shop-intro.ogg and shop-loop.ogg aren't used anymore.

Excuse me anyone or um random person but i seriously need some help with freeshop for some odd reason when i install the app itself it keeps giving me this type of error when i try to install it thru the cia app 'ailed to Install CIA File. Result code: 0xD8E0806A Level: Permanent (27) Summary: Invalid Argument (7) Module: AM (32) Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)' i don't understand why it gives me this error :( i seriously wanna use this app but this stupid error is preventing me from doing so. If you know how to fix this or anyone else please tell me ; n ;

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me anyone or um random person but i seriously need some help with freeshop for some odd reason when i install the app itself it keeps giving me this type of error when i try to install it thru the cia app 'ailed to Install CIA File. Result code: 0xD8E0806A Level: Permanent (27) Summary: Invalid Argument (7) Module: AM (32) Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)' i don't understand why it gives me this error :( i seriously wanna use this app but this stupid error is preventing me from doing so. If you know how to fix this or anyone else please tell me ; n ;
Use fbi installer, then select titledb, Find freeshop and install it from there, no need to use cia, it installs from online server :P

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have CFW?

If not, you need to follow http://3ds.guide/get-started first.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah what the cat said above, you need CFW to install Cia files like Freeshop. So you should follow the guide first, then do what i said before :P

Reactions: NightScript

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use fbi installer, then select titledb, Find freeshop and install it from there, no need to use cia, it installs from online server :P

Yeah it still won't let me..it keeps giving me an error like 'Failed to install from URL. https://api.titledb.com/v0/proxy/00.. Result code: 0xD8A0A03C Level: Permanent (27) Summary: Invalid State (5) Module: HTTP (40) Desc. Failed to Verify TLS certificate (6)'. ; n ;...I don't get what is wrong with that app on my 3ds.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it still won't let me..it keeps giving me an error like 'Failed to install from URL. https://api.titledb.com/v0/proxy/00.. Result code: 0xD8A0A03C Level: Permanent (27) Summary: Invalid State (5) Module: HTTP (40) Desc. Failed to Verify TLS certificate (6)'. ; n ;...I don't get what is wrong with that app on my 3ds.
Do you have CFW installed on your 3DS?

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have CFW installed on your 3DS?

I don't think so..I installed FBI and the CIA works but I don't think I have CFW ..do you know where to get that? Cause i've been seeing that same word for quite a couple of times just never knew what its purpose was o n o..sorry..i didn't really know..

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so..I installed FBI and the CIA works but I don't think I have CFW ..do you know where to get that? Cause i've been seeing that same word for quite a couple of times just never knew what its purpose was o n o..sorry..i didn't really know..
http://3ds.guide/get-started The post before me said this already :P

Please read the instructions carefully and follow the guide as instructed. Then try it again. :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
http://3ds.guide/get-started The post before me said this already :P

Please read the instructions carefully and follow the guide as instructed. Then try it again. :)

I'm checking out a tutorial on how to do this ; o ;...hopefully it works on my 3ds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you, but I looked up a tutorial on how to get CFW on youtube found an interesting one. Hoping this helps me on how to download it correctly without screwing it up.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you, but I looked up a tutorial on how to get CFW on youtube found an interesting one. Hoping this helps me on how to download it correctly without screwing it up.
No! Don't follow YouTube guides! They are out of date, contain inaccurate information, and sometimes link to files that will brick your console!

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm checking out a tutorial on how to do this ; o ;...hopefully it works on my 3ds.

Please follow the link that was addressed to you by @Quantumcat And i so you can SAFELY INSTALL CFW ON YOUR SYSTEM. :P

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It will, it works on all 3DS systems :)
Alright stupid question but...is luma basically CFW? @ ~ @ cause i'm confused as freak over here. Seriously i tried getting decrypt9 to work but it won't i downloaded it correctly and it did read the launcher.dat and the decrypt9.dat but it wouldn't load so now i'm trying arm9loader but for some odd reason the main things i need when i click on them they won't load nor download for i can put them on my SD card at all :( i don't get what's going on ; ~ ;

No! Don't follow YouTube guides! They are out of date, contain inaccurate information, and sometimes link to files that will brick your console!
I didn't i stopped and went to the link that you laid out and i'm just confused on how to download arm9loaderhax when the three main things i need won't download for crap when i click on them ; n ;

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright stupid question but...is luma basically CFW? @ ~ @ cause i'm confused as freak over here. Seriously i tried getting decrypt9 to work but it won't i downloaded it correctly and it did read the launcher.dat and the decrypt9.dat but it wouldn't load so now i'm trying arm9loader but for some odd reason the main things i need when i click on them they won't load nor download for i can put them on my SD card at all :( i don't get what's going on ; ~ ;

I didn't i stopped and went to the link that you laid out and i'm just confused on how to download arm9loaderhax when the three main things i need won't download for crap when i click on them ; n ;

Yes luma is the CFW, you use that, is in the guide, what step are you up to? Please send me a pm so i can help. Since this thread isn't really for installing cfw is for freeshop it would be rude to discuss here. :P

Or ask for help in noob paradise :)

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes luma is the CFW, you use that, is in the guide, what step are you up to? Please send me a pm so i can help. Since this thread isn't really for installing cfw is for freeshop it would be rude to discuss here. :P

Or ask for help in noob paradise :)

It's pretty obvious what step they're in. They can't proceed, because they can't obtain the files and lack the understanding of what a magnet link is or does. Frankly the guide should outright tell you that but instead just shows a Magnet symbol .. Sure enough if you hover over the magnet you'll see an explanation and instructions to get a torrent client but it's not obvious enough for noobs.

Honestly if you're gonna help this guy you better be prepared to explain everything word by word because from what I've read so far I think the chances of them bricking their console is extremely high if you don't hold their hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol