Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.2.0, kinda nice update. Still can you please add the SD CARD Remanining storage so people aren't picking games that can't if on the sd card? :mellow:

So it now has music support.
But what is BCSTM format? Never heard of it before. :unsure:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone else have problems with freeShop rebooting itself now? Like when you change language, or click update in settings, it should restart the app.
I tried to clear cache, it closed the app with no error or message. So if that what you meant, yeah that happened.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I got fire emblem dates and there is no 'dlc' option available. In the game it says it is but it isn't. Fixes? Also with ssb it only contains half of the dlc probs cause it's outdated. Fixes?

Well, damn...I hope you take them somewhere fun on the first date.
Had to get a cheap laugh, but tap on the controller icon on the bottom screen, find your game in the list, if there's an icon, there's an update or DLC for that game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, damn...I hope you take them somewhere fun on the first date.
Had to get a cheap laugh, but tap on the controller icon on the bottom screen, find your game in the list, if there's an icon, there's an update or DLC for that game.
If only there was a fire emblem dates game. Nintendo turns popular franchise into date sim games, nintendo goes mature. Those headlines. Where the date sim mods. :P

Seriously though, SD Card storage space please? I also had a idea to maybe somehow add download later option like the official eshop does? Cause you know downloads can take awhile and downloads are better left when not actually playing the console and is in sleep mode. :)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only there was a fire emblem dates game. Nintendo turns popular franchise into date sim games, nintendo goes mature. Those headlines. Where the date sim mods. :P

Seriously though, SD Card storage space please? I also had a idea to maybe somehow add download later option like the official eshop does? Cause you know downloads can take awhile and downloads are better left when not actually playing the console and is in sleep mode. :)
Yo, can you please quit asking about the SD card space? You're asking about it almost every other post in this thread. TheCruel will add it when he gets to it, if he even wants to add it.

Reactions: TerryG

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Emblem Fires X Persona## with all the sim activities you wanted from older Persona games with face/breast/chest rubbing of FE:IF and a free reusable napkin.

But I think I read somewhere FS can't utilize sleep mode; there is a 'power off after DL is complete' function. So maybe having an option for a queue that begins DL'ing when you're ready + power off might be a better thing to ask for, but just once.

Alternatively, use 3dsident/fbi to get an idea of SD space, then total how much space will be used by DL's. At least FS lets you see file size, unlike Nintendo using 'blocks' for size.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I think I read somewhere FS can't utilize sleep mode; there is a 'power off after DL is complete' function. So maybe having an option for a queue that begins DL'ing when you're ready + power off might be a better thing to ask for, but just once.

Alternatively, use 3dsident/fbi to get an idea of SD space, then total how much space will be used by DL's. At least FS lets you see file size, unlike Nintendo using 'blocks' for size
I understand that but that means requiring to remember to check your remaining space on the sd card before loading freeshop which not most people even think to do, unless is a habbit. While eshop does use blocks, it does tell you if you can fit it on the sd card before actually buying or downloading it.

Eshop also allow download in sleep mode, but i was asking if is possible. If is not part of the plan then i would like to know. That is all i was wondering about the thing. Also how does one even create a bcstm file for the music playback? I know is not required since it does use other formats, but still curious why is added support for a uncommon format.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that but that means requiring to remember to check your remaining space on the sd card before loading freeshop which not most people even think to do, unless is a habbit. While eshop does use blocks, it does tell you if you can fit it on the sd card before actually buying or downloading it.

Eshop also allow download in sleep mode, but i was asking if is possible. If is not part of the plan then i would like to know. That is all i was wondering about the thing. Also how does one even create a bcstm file for the music playback? I know is not required since it does use other formats, but still curious why is added support for a uncommon format.
Most if not all 3DS games (iirc) use bcstm for their sounds and music. An example of one game that would be Sun/Moon. You can get bcstms of sounds/music from smashcustommusic.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most if not all 3DS games (iirc) use bcstm for their sounds and music. An example of one game that would be Sun/Moon. You can get bcstms of sounds/music from smashcustommusic.
Oh cool so i can just rip it from a game. That should be easy then. I figured they used ADX files or something since i known wii games to have those, well most games have them, guess is out dated. I'll try extracting a game and finding out. :D

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool so i can just rip it from a game. That should be easy then. I figured they used ADX files or something since i known wii games to have those, well most games have them, guess is out dated. I'll try extracting a game and finding out. :D
I'm not sure how many games actually use bcstms but I do know that some games do.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that but that means requiring to remember to check your remaining space on the sd card before loading freeshop which not most people even think to do, unless is a habbit.
I wipe my ass to avoid streak marks in my underwear. It's just part of hygiene.
Not trying to make you look silly, but maybe you should change your habits?

I'm sure if it was as easy as, 'FS=DL=DISPLAY SD SIZE' It would have been done. To that, I'm sure if ciangel was easy to change to add thumbnails of games, it would have been done.

Reactions: TerryG

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the music stops playing when the screen light dims, so to keep hearing music, have to turn off enable sleep after no activity in options. Another thing is that all the music files have to be in the exact directory of /3ds/data/freeshop/music But the two audio files that was added when the update was intsalled are in folders. Can we get folder support?

Also does anyone know how to convert a AAC? I tried to do it, used a encoder that says it is aac but the extention is m4a. When i tried playing the file, i get a error asking to restart system. So far i only managed to make ogg working, though i didn't make it loop properly. Is there a time limit on how long each song has to be or is it not?

Side note, I Tried some BCSTM files from one game i had, it didn't play, i couldn't hear anything at all. But i will try more.

AnEpicSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not going to be possible without an entire overhaul of their authentication system. It kind of works like a boolean value; "Is ticket installed?" "Yes, game is valid." or "No, do not allow content to be used/re-downloaded." It's incredibly amateur to say the least.

I guess that is why this has me colored so surprised. I've said this before, but something like this existing simply blows my mind.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed something with the new update, 2.2.0. If I leave my console idle long enough for the screen to dim, freeshop will just crash and the top screen will go completely black although the bottom screen will be fine, it seems to only happen when I'm not downloading anything. This can only be fixed by rebooting.
Another thing is that music will just stop when you start a download and will lag whenever you try to view a title.
(I'm using custom music btw)

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed something with the new update, 2.2.0. If I leave my console idle long enough for the screen to dim, freeshop will just crash and the top screen will go completely black although the bottom screen will be fine, it seems to only happen when I'm not downloading anything. This can only be fixed by rebooting.
Another thing is that music will just stop when you start a download and will lag whenever you try to view a title.
(I'm using custom music btw)
Are you using an o3ds?

And does it crash every time the screen dims while not downloading? Try it once more. I cannot get it to do that.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess that is why this has me colored so surprised. I've said this before, but something like this existing simply blows my mind.
It blows everyone's mind. PlaiCDN (one of the first PoCs that incorporated the concept behind freeShop) linked to a writeup on Reddit that described exactly why this worked, and even compared it to Apple's App Store that uses a similar model but with an added layer of security to confirm purchases which are tied to a user account. This, again, is Nintendo's fault for assuming that the majority of their customers are children.

Last edited by Joom,

adam_prime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so...

I started up Freeshop and it updated. I started downloading something but changed my mind and went to the Home Menu and started up a game. The game crashes. I reboot my 3DS and my entire home screen is gone, everything is back to factory reset conditions. I go into Home Management,and all my software and save files are there still, they just dont show up on the Home Menu. I pop the microSD in my PC, all the files on the card is still there. I pop in my old memory card, I boot up the 3DS and everything is there normally, games and all.

I pop back in my original memory card, everything is still gone from the Home Menu, no themes or nothing.

Any thoughts?

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so...

I started up Freeshop and it updated. I started downloading something but changed my mind and went to the Home Menu and started up a game. The game crashes. I reboot my 3DS and my entire home screen is gone, everything is back to factory reset conditions. I go into Home Management,and all my software and save files are there still, they just dont show up on the Home Menu. I pop the microSD in my PC, all the files on the card is still there. I pop in my old memory card, I boot up the 3DS and everything is there normally, games and all.

I pop back in my original memory card, everything is still gone from the Home Menu, no themes or nothing.

Any thoughts?
Probably an SD card problem. Test it: https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think