Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit-Unbroken

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I thank you for this, I wouldn't say it's a good idea to directly link to it. It got DMCA'd for a reason, not a good idea posting it here directly. Could give reason for Nintendo to follow us here (not like they probably have enough reason to already though I guess, but not a good idea to jinx it).

Creating another repository on github is asking for it to be taken down.
You should seriously consider using (non USA based if possible) other git repositories.

If it gets taken down on GitHub again, I'll upload it elsewhere if someone can PM me a good alternative. But good idea, I'll remove the link from my reply, and people can either PM me for the link or find it themselves. You'll probably want to update your quotes to remove the link also.

Is it the final version? Because now i have this and it's good! I will reupload it on a lot of sites...

As far as I know, this is the latest version.

Last edited by Circuit-Unbroken,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
If it gets taken down on GitHub again, I'll upload it elsewhere if someone can PM me a good alternative. But good idea, I'll remove the link from my reply, and people can either PM me for the link or find it themselves. You'll probably want to update your quotes to remove the link also.

As far as I know, this is the latest version.

I would suggest using notabug. In fact there is already a fork (with the logo changed) at https://notabug.org/mariogamer2/freeShop/ .

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
given that some of us are waiting on fasthax, can't install it as a .cia. been looking for a .3dsx format, though that seems to be less reliable, and dropped from previous versions

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
given that some of us are waiting on fasthax, can't install it as a .cia. been looking for a .3dsx format, though that seems to be less reliable, and dropped from previous versions
Um u need a exploited 3ds to even use freeshop so a .3dsx would be useless

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i had a feeling needed kernel access, just like FBI. i'm new to 3ds hax (primarily psp and vita), since i'm only borrowing my friend's system and trying to get it set up

Circuit-Unbroken

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Circuit-Unbroken,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Even if you had arm11 kernel access, you'd only be able to install LEGIT cias, freeshop/eshop only contain NON-Legit cias. Legit cias are the games that came preinstalled in console bundles, they were made specifically without the per-system-install encryption and can work without a cfw.

Nintendo would be even more retarded to offer the legit cia games for download directly from their servers. (there are like 10 legit cias per region and you can't use out of region ones without cfw)

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want a new download link pm me. Mega is good alternative too (but not a git). And i think i will be doing a new logo too (we can compare who made the best logo for fun :) )

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
this is a script ¿right?
It is a layout file bclyt. You need a way to create/edit them.
That's how I made the CTGP-7 logo:
PBllt1d.jpg

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's kinda ironic how they went after FreeShop instead of that titlekeys site. If you do this, people will just migrate to CIAngel or similar.
It would've made a lot more sense honestly, because that site is what facilitates the piracy at its core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jtvjan

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is a layout file bclyt. You need a way to create/edit them.
That's how I made the CTGP-7 logo:
PBllt1d.jpg
sheee you should write up a guide on how to do it. i alawys wanted to make custom ones for VC games

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Not true. On my old 3DS I have Freeshop installed. On my New 3DS XL I have absolutely no homebrew installed. When I load homebrew like BootNTR or FreeShop or CIAngel etc. on my old 3DS, I can see the titles on my New 3DS XL (because they're both on each other's friend lists.) I can also see homebrew apps when people I've Street Passed use them.

In my experience, here's how it works: The titleid of the game you're currently in is uploaded to Nintendo. If your friends have that game on their console, the logo is shown by extracting it from that. Otherwise, it's fetched off CDN. If fetching the data from CDN fails, it shows 'Unknown Application' with a question mark icon.

Hey Guys,

I have found freeShop elsewhere on the internet and have attached the source code/cia below.

...And yet, no .git directory in that zip file. Source code without history is silly. I mean, from a purely archival perspective.

Anyways, my condolences Cruel. I did a paranoia rebase on my shit yesterday to remove the Logo: Nintendo from history completely. If they can get away with yanking for one line, that's a problem. Realistically, they should have DMCA'd makerom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Slap me then