Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostinlymbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this has been said or not, but I just figured I'd leave this here in case it's not already a known issue:
I'm on a J N3ds, running 9.1J, Reinand. It works great, but only for titles with the american flag. This means if there is more than one flag, or any flag besides the USA the downloads fail.

And when I close out of the shop the squares on the homescreen pop for each title I downloaded and then stay blank.
When I restart the 3ds it does the same pop again (never noticed it does this for everything installed), and nothing populates for the games installed through freeshop.
And, in system settings, under data management, you can see all the games I installed.
Likewise, all of the titles can be launched from FBI in the titles list.

I know it's a work in progress, so not a complaint at all. :)

If that's already old news, my apologies.
Cheers!

Last edited by lostinlymbo,

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The settings haven't been added yet, so it's normal to see it blank. The rest might be caused by a bad install.

I know that, but the actual settings icon is the one freaking out. I posted it as a pic so it isn't accurate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you relaunch freeShop, does this still happen?

As of now, no. I think it happened when I accidentally pressed select during download, causing an error.

I also see that, Hometown Story EUR is missing the upper part in the screenshots. I don't know if it's because it's supposed to look like that.

Edit: freeShop crashed after viewing Hometown and then Ikachan.
I'm also able to reproduce this crash.
Edit2: Earthbound always lead to failed. After that, selecting another game is slow. Exiting through select, doesn't work. And if I exit through home-menu, infinite closing :/

Last edited by GamerUnity,

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
It would also be perfect if it was somehow possible to sort for VC, snes, 3ds, gba games and so on. Is that possible?

That might be possible since "disiware" label info is information but then again, I doubt this is high on priority as it isn't as vital as other features

masgames38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweeeet! 3DS is getting better and better every day with hacks like these!
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does it support theme and/or DLC support? And also does it install games directly to your 3DS with no extra work required (Minus the ticket that can be downloaded with CIAngel)?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sweeeet! 3DS is getting better and better every day with hacks like these!
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does it support theme and/or DLC support? And also does it install games directly to your 3DS with no extra work required (Minus the ticket that can be downloaded with CIAngel)?
No DLC. Yes, just install and go. Maybe import seeds with fbi is needed for cryptofix but I think it does even do that now.

Wii8461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
When I try to download any title, it fails every time. It will say "added to queue" and then almost instantly after it says "failed".
Never mind... I was stupid, lol. I forgot I blocked Nintendo's servers on my router settings... Anyways, worked great!

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I get some errors with "picross e4, 5 & 6" when i go to see the info for download. The APP try to load the info but takes so much and finally get crash or directly get freeze. Only with this titles.

DinkyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, I want the 3ds classics game twinbee but it only comes as US and i have a EUR console, i have downloaded a US game from the freeshop and it works but when i load twinbee it has a black screen that says FATAL ERROR.

anyone know why it wont work?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
hi guys, I want the 3ds classics game twinbee but it only comes as US and i have a EUR console, i have downloaded a US game from the freeshop and it works but when i load twinbee it has a black screen that says FATAL ERROR.

Fatal Error? That's not the usual 3DS error screen, it actually sounds like you're using the developer version of Luma3DS in which case I would suggest you to install the regular one. Aside from that, most CFW should support region free (At least rxTools and Luma does, I think Cakes doens't) so it should work fine, if it doesn't then try using the region emulation feature Luma has, if with that it STILL doesn''t work then maybe you should search for the EUR game instead.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Indeed, use the language emulation feature (from NTR or Luma3DS: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage)
For example, with luma3ds, create a file.txt named by the ID of your game, in the luma/locales folder. In it, put "USA EN"

Last edited by RealityNinja,
Reactions: cvskid

DinkyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fatal Error? That's not the usual 3DS error screen, it actually sounds like you're using the developer version of Luma3DS in which case I would suggest you to install the regular one. Aside from that, most CFW should support region free (At least rxTools and Luma does, I think Cakes doens't) so it should work fine, if it doesn't then try using the region emulation feature Luma has, if with that it STILL doesn''t work then maybe you should search for the EUR game instead.
When I upgraded to Luma 5.5 I made sure I didnt download the developer version but just in case how would I check?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Indeed, use the language emulation feature (from NTR or Luma3DS: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage)
For example, with luma3ds, create a file.txt named by the ID of your game, in the luma/locales folder. In it, put "USA EN"
Thank you I will have a go at this

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pushed version 1.2 just now.

I'll try to push smaller update more frequently now, most likely will be bug fixes.

Additions:
- New 3d banner
- New queue saving/reordering (video)
- Add DSiWare
- Can now press X to queue an item without loading the details

Fixes:
- Delete old tickets before installing (reduces errors)
- Fix app suspension bugs
- Don't show n3ds-exclusive games on o3ds list

Note: Queue saving still has some issues that could corrupt the current install. This is especially possible if freeShop crashes during install. It will likely recover the queue (or most of it), but the game install may be corrupted and fail.

I seem to be getting a lot of "failed?" When using this, but CIAngel works fine when downloading the same games.
Try again with new version. It was likely a ticket problem that was fixed. And if it isn't, the new version should give a more detailed error message.

Last edited by TheCruel,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated