TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, if we use freeShop to download titles, would they be marked as bought in the official eShop for redownload?
If not, is there a way to do so?
Yeah, you can redownload/repair via eShop. You can do this at any point after freeShop installs the ticket (it does this first, before downloading). So you could essentially cancel the download at any point and go to eShop to redownload.

Last edited by TheCruel,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Try again with new version. It was likely a ticket problem that was fixed. And if it isn't, the new version should give a more detailed error message.
Just updated and testing a small game I tired to download before and failed.
Ayyyyy~ it didn't fail this time!

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: TheCruel

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I pushed version 1.2 just now.

I'll try to push smaller update more frequently now, most likely will be bug fixes.

Additions:
- New 3d banner
- New queue saving/reordering (video)
- Add DSiWare
- Can now press X to queue an item without loading the details

Fixes:
- Delete old tickets before installing (reduces errors)
- Fix app suspension bugs
- Don't show n3ds-exclusive games on o3ds list

Note: Queue saving still has some issues that could corrupt the current install. This is especially possible if freeShop crashes during install. It will likely recover the queue (or most of it), but the game install may be corrupted and fail.

Try again with new version. It was likely a ticket problem that was fixed. And if it isn't, the new version should give a more detailed error message.

Just downloaded the update and it works really well so far. Also, heres an Idea; why not introduce a changelog option in the settings - I mean the setting menu is empty anyway and a changelog implemented directly in the app would be really great instead of checking whats new here or on the git.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded the update and it works really well so far. Also, heres an Idea; why not introduce a changelog option in the settings - I mean the setting menu is empty anyway and a changelog implemented directly in the app would be really great instead of checking whats new here or on the git.
Yeah, was thinking the same, though not necessarily in the settings page. I'll make an issue for it to add later.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know why, but both this and CIAngel are really slow for me on my N3DS, while they work great on my O3DS. It's been like this since the first release, and it's still like it.

I get usually 700 KB/s on my O3DS with freeshop (just as expected), but I always get (at most, usually less) 200KB/s on my N3DS. I tried formatting my SD and using another one, but nothing of that helped.

I get good speeds when downloading from the eShop, so I don't think it's my wi-fi chip. Anyone has any idea of what could it be?

Reactions: dsoldier

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get good speeds when downloading from the eShop, so I don't think it's my wi-fi chip. Anyone has any idea of what could it be?
Have any unusual CFW settings enabled? Besides that, I'm not sure.

But that reminds me, I would like n3ds users to verify that SNES VC and other n3ds-only titles still show up on the game list. I removed them for o3ds users (which is all I have to test).

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that reminds me, I would like n3ds users to verify that SNES VC and other n3ds-only titles still show up on the game list. I removed them for o3ds users (which is all I have to test).
They still do!

Some DSi screenshots are broken, though (A Little Bit Of... Dr. Mario) and most icons are X's.

Last edited by CeeDee,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, you can redownload/repair via eShop. You can do this at any point after freeShop installs the ticket (it does this first, before downloading). So you could essentially cancel the download at any point and go to eShop to redownload.
YES!
Time to finally own Four Swords! xD

Thank you for the reply! :)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just updated and tried downloading Monster Hunter 4 since it had been failing every time i tried with Freeshop 1.1

It froze around 20% and a retry arrow showed up in the queue, so I tapped it and it says "Failed to install ticket: 0xD8A08004

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It froze around 20% and a retry arrow showed up in the queue, so I tapped it and it says "Failed to install ticket: 0xD8A08004
Is that the error message when you retried or before you retried? Were there two error messages?

FWIW, I believe 0xD8A08004 shows up when the install doesn't properly abort and the following installs fails because the previous install is still active.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is that the error message when you retried or before you retried? Were there two error messages?

FWIW, I believe 0xD8A08004 shows up when the install doesn't properly abort and the following installs fails because the previous install is still active.

Only that one error. And it seems to be as you say since the previous download hadn't "failed" but was simply frozen. I only got the error when i attempted to retry the download; and now i get it with any download i try. Exiting the app didn't fix it, so i'll just try restarting the console.

Edit: Shouldn't the retry button force abort the download before adding it to the queue? otherwise I imagine it will always cause that kind of error. oh nevermind, from what you said, I suppose it actually attempts to do it and it simply happened to fail :P

Edit2: Restarting the console worked, I'll see if I can download it this time.

Last edited by faku1810,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only that one error. And it seems to be as you say since the previous download hadn't "failed" but was simply frozen. I only got the error when i attempted to retry the download; and now i get it with any download i try. Exiting the app didn't fix it, so i'll just try restarting the console.
So was the status empty when it froze? Or did it still show the download stats?

EDIT: and ya, a reboot could be necessary in those cases. In fact, you could exit the application and open FBI and it would also failed to install CIAs lol, the whole title installation state needs to be restored when it fails like that.

Last edited by TheCruel,

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So was the status empty when it froze? Or did it still show the download stats?

It had the progress and speed, but it didn't change even after waiting a bit, and as I noticed the retry arrow that wasn't there before, I assumed it had "crashed" silently.

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@TheCruel I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but:

- Suspending 1.2 with the HOME button (with 3D enabled) doesn't show the background for the right eye (only tested on N3DS)
- Closing/reopening the lid with freeShop 1.2 suspended doesn't init the screen (actually, it doesn't appear to respond to any user input, at all)

I still have to do some more testing so catch you later and thanks for the update! :wink:

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,
Reactions: TheCruel

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried closing and opening the lid, and it simply "Suspended" the download when closing and continued alright after opening it. Using a USA N3DS.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I pushed version 1.2 just now.

I'll try to push smaller update more frequently now, most likely will be bug fixes.

Additions:
- New 3d banner
- New queue saving/reordering (video)
- Add DSiWare
- Can now press X to queue an item without loading the details

Fixes:
- Delete old tickets before installing (reduces errors)
- Fix app suspension bugs
- Don't show n3ds-exclusive games on o3ds list

Note: Queue saving still has some issues that could corrupt the current install. This is especially possible if freeShop crashes during install. It will likely recover the queue (or most of it), but the game install may be corrupted and fail.

THANK YOU SIR!!!!

one question.... dsiware games are instaled in console's memory right??? or you miraculously managed to get them installed in SD

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It had the progress and speed, but it didn't change even after waiting a bit, and as I noticed the retry arrow that wasn't there before, I assumed it had "crashed" silently.
Interesting. I'm guessing it was some internet problem, like it briefly lost connection or some httpc issue. But I'll look into it. My next biggest priority is getting the connection/download stable. So then you could even turn off the wifi (on o3ds switch) and it will cleanly suspend the install and resume when connection is reestablished.
THANK YOU SIR!!!!

one question.... dsiware games are instaled in console's memory right??? or you miraculously managed to get them installed in SD
I tried to install to SD, but nope won't work. I don't think I'm going to spend any time trying to figure it out otherwise.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

- Suspending 1.2 with the HOME button (with 3D enabled) doesn't show the background for the right eye (only tested on N3DS)
Lol thanks nice catch, I don't think anyone has ever mentioned that, I never noticed (I always have 3d off, it sucks on o3ds). That's an issue with almost all my homebrew work it seems, including ScummVM, so all my rendering code needs to be fix lol.

GnK23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice update. :) sir suggestion. Please support also the game updates. Im using a region changed n3ds so i cannot access the Eshop. Please support game updates so i can update them thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: