Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freeshop isn't working for me. I downloaded the lastest update. (haven't use freeshop in weeks) Scanned the QR code from the titlekeys site. and it crashes everytime i try to load it. It shows one game then crashes.

pingtendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we add the function to download as a .cia rather than to install directly? It would be great to have a cia backup... Maybe a checkbox in the settings to allow users to save the .cia file?

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

Z-Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we add the function to download as a .cia rather than to install directly? It would be great to have a cia backup... Maybe a checkbox in the settings to allow users to save the .cia file?
You could use CiAngel to download the game as a CIA file.

pingtendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use CiAngel to download the game as a CIA file.
I tried CiAngel, but apparently its download algo is not robust, and sometimes freezes itself halfway through the download so I have to force shut down my system and start the download all over again. It will become very annoying if I try to download a relatively large cia file (e.g. 500mb) and it keeps freezing multiple times. The experience will become even worse if I'm downloading a 2gb file... Maybe it's my internet being unstable, but I don't have such problem with freeshop.

Also it's good anyway to have freeshop getting that download .cia feature~

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried CiAngel, but apparently its download algo is not robust, and sometimes freezes itself halfway through the download so I have to force shut down my system and start the download all over again. It will become very annoying if I try to download a relatively large cia file (e.g. 500mb) and it keeps freezing multiple times. The experience will become even worse if I'm downloading a 2gb file... Maybe it's my internet being unstable, but I don't have such problem with freeshop.

Also it's good anyway to have freeshop getting that download .cia feature~
The developer has already mentioned he has no intention of adding a CIA download feature, there are already other options (CIAngel on the 3DS itself, FunKeyCIA for PC)

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freeshop isn't working for me. I downloaded the lastest update. (haven't use freeshop in weeks) Scanned the QR code from the titlekeys site. and it crashes everytime i try to load it. It shows one game then crashes.
Go into freeshop settings and press refresh cache and see if that works.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the /3ds/data/freeShop/ directory to reset everything. Perhaps it fetched some corrupted info.
Tried that too. Still has same problem.
I also tried completely uninstall freeshop then installing the cia and didn't work either.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just installed this on my friend's 3ds, and whenever i type in a link to download the new enctitlekeys.bin, the 3ds just freezes. Does anybody know a workaround, or am i gonna have to install an older version before auto updates existed

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just installed this on my friend's 3ds, and whenever i type in a link to download the new enctitlekeys.bin, the 3ds just freezes. Does anybody know a workaround, or am i gonna have to install an older version before auto updates existed
Well, I'd suggest first waiting 30 seconds or so. It attempts to validate the URL after you input it, so with poor connection it would just be taking a while.

But you could also edit the config.json file directly, change "key_urls" to something like this:

Code:
"key_urls":["https://site.com/encTitleKeys.bin"]

But if it fails during validation, it will still fail when downloading it during boot.

Last edited by TheCruel,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think it's possible to use an old version since it auto updates.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure If I'm the only one with this problem but for some reason after the newest update for freeshop none of my games with Japanese titles like 太鼓の達人 どんとかつの時空大冒険 I've downloaded the update for the with freeshop before and now it doesn't even show up

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked, but will this app ever have self updating keys? I like this app way more than CIAngel due to the GUI, but having to take the back off the new 3DS every time a game comes out feels like it defeats the purpose. Not trying to sound ungrateful, as I am grateful, I love this app so much.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked, but will this app ever have self updating keys? I like this app way more than CIAngel due to the GUI, but having to take the back off the new 3DS every time a game comes out feels like it defeats the purpose. Not trying to sound ungrateful, as I am grateful, I love this app so much.
Wait, what? Mine downloads new keys every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: