Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I forgot that freeshop 2.x directory is /3ds/data/freeShop... sorry. I deleted it now and it works perfectly. Thanks for the help!

eddiesluu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I notice that in the freeshop, I don't get the latest of games like the recently release SMT 4: Apocalypse or DQ7 even though I have the latest freeshop app downloaded. But on my friends 3ds (that I modded however), I see it on their system. Is there something I'm missing? or Can someone point me in the right direction?

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I notice that in the freeshop, I don't get the latest of games like the recently release SMT 4: Apocalypse or DQ7 even though I have the latest freeshop app downloaded. But on my friends 3ds (that I modded however), I see it on their system. Is there something I'm missing? or Can someone point me in the right direction?
same with me. dq7 shows up for me, but not smt 4 apocalypse. or even yokai watch 2.. I was gonna ask, but i didn't know if it'd been asked before.

eddiesluu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
same with me. dq7 shows up for me, but not smt 4 apocalypse. or even yokai watch 2.. I was gonna ask, but i didn't know if it'd been asked before.

Nevermind guys, I got the problem resolve. To update the game, all you have to do is DL the encTitleKeys from the PC. I been using the encTitleKeys updater app, and it never seems to work. So just download it manually and put it on your sd card. Hope this helps, because now I see the new games on it like Azure gunvolt 2, Sonic boom: fire and ice and DQ7. Sitll no SMT 4 apocalypse, but I'm guessing they still have to add it

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind guys, I got the problem resolve. To update the game, all you have to do is DL the encTitleKeys from the PC. I been using the encTitleKeys updater app, and it never seems to work. So just download it manually and put it on your sd card. Hope this helps, because now I see the new games on it like Azure gunvolt 2, Sonic boom: fire and ice and DQ7. Sitll no SMT 4 apocalypse, but I'm guessing they still have to add it
Or you can just use the automatic encTitleKey updater built into freeShop

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Kloklopfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How about re-downloading the cache after updating? Iirc those games need their cache data to even be displayed even if their Keys are already dumped

eddiesluu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Must its just me then. Although, I did find something odd. On my sd card, I found I had to put the encTitleKey in 2 places. One in the SD:/Freeshop/encTitleKey and the second in 3ds/data/freeshop/keys/encTitleKey. Which one do I delete?

Last edited by eddiesluu,

Kloklopfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Must its just me then. Although, I did find something odd. On my sd card, I found I had to put the encTitleKey in 2 places. One in the SD:/Freeshop/encTitleKey and the second in 3ds/data/freeshop/keys/encTitleKey. Which one do I delete?
2. Put an encTitleKeys.bin file in the directory sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/ or go to update settings in freeShop and add a URL to auto-download (recommended).
Just delete the old root/freeshop folder

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the automatic encTitleKey updater and there is nothing wrong with it :-/
but do allll the games show up? Yokai watch 2 and smt 4 apocalypse just came out and havent shown up for me yet. But there are some games i looked for that arent in freeshop like style savvy, and dead or alive dimensions.
So what's going on?

eddiesluu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but do allll the games show up? Yokai watch 2 and smt 4 apocalypse just came out and havent shown up for me yet. But there are some games i looked for that arent in freeshop like style savvy, and dead or alive dimensions.
So what's going on?
This may be the reason why we aren't seeing the new games yet:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/not-seeing-new-games-on-freeshop.443461/

Although, if you really want the new game now, you can try to do it yourself with this method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...g-new-additions-to-that-titlekey-site.443219/

Last edited by eddiesluu,
Reactions: hippy dave

Rak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While we are talking about the enctitlekeys. I have noticed that the only USA version of Fire Emblem: Fates currently in the database is the hoshido/birthright one. As someone who installed the special edition and before that the conquest edition this is very annoying, because, although they share DLC, having different ids means that you cannot use the useful auto DLC download function that was implemented recently. Is there any way to fix this? Like someone adding the title keys for the other versions of fates to the database for example.

Also, the auto update function seems to be working alright for the most part, but SMT 4 Apocalypse hasn't show up for me yet. I just assumed it's title key hasn't been added to the database yet, but if that isn't the case, then there may be a problem with the auto download title keys function. I checked before posting this and even cleaned the cache, but it didn't show up.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. Did you put the key dump with those games in freeShop's keys dir? Or are you thinking that freeShop has all games? Because it only shows games if you put the keys in, and sometimes then it still needs updating (though I can add any title on eShop).

eddiesluu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand. Did you put the key dump with those games in freeShop's keys dir? Or are you thinking that freeShop has all games? Because it only shows games if you put the keys in, and sometimes then it still needs updating (though I can add any title on eShop).

ahh, ok that makes sense. Truth be told, I was wondering how it kinda work sometime. I knew someone had to be updating it, but they can't get to it right away if they have other stuff to do IRL. Also, thank you for the development of Freeshop

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the key updated through the site from freeshop. I had thought that the title keys site was related to nintendo's servers so I was under the impression that once a game was released, then boom. Now that I think about it, that seems a bit silly on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative