• no other

Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use ctrmanager you have to use menuhax i think, so it's not exactly viable for you.

You will need to download the latest HBL files from here and put those on the root of your sd card. Next, find the latest *hax 2.x loader for your CFW and put it in the /3ds/ folder. Then just use your preferred entry point to load the HBL (whatever you used to load the cfw before).

As for how to load it from emunand, you have a N3DS right?

If so then you can just use browserhax from inside emunand to access the HBL. If you want to be able to continue using your browser normally with emunand, then you can install a cia of cubic ninja and use that to load ninjhax.

All this is tedious as hell, and you need to reboot the system and launch the HBL again to access your cfw once you are done, but unfortunately it is the only option available to us on the N3DS.

If you happen to have an O3DS, then idk why you are still on a firmware below 10.0. Just update your emunand.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah emunand on o3DS can be updated to latest. Though my issue is eShop won't be accessible for me on sysnand anymore. But I have a 9.2 console so I imagine I have it easier then most folks here. I think I can just fix it by running a CIA of Cubic Ninja on sysnand to launch Hanz (and perhaps trying to run eShop as an SD installed application so I can just direactly patch it instead of using hanz assuming someone posts the altered romfs/exefs for eShop that fixes this).

This means I will have to boot into an exploited state to run eShop. But menuhax is a thing now, so it's really not a problem for me to do it that way.

When I eventually get my 3DS out of the pawnshop early next year, I'll get that all sorted out. One of the good things about it being in the pawn shop is that emunand is still on 9.9 incase I would ever need that for anything and I don't think I'll have issues using browserhax on 9.2. I heard the whole browserhax being blocked on older firmwares stops at a certain point. 9.8 or something? I don't recall exactly where though. I already downgraded MSET, so browserhax isn't needed for me to install themehax. :P

I've been out of the scene too long. :(

Going to be super rusty at things when I get back at it in February. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Ronhero

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah emunand on o3DS can be updated to latest. Though my issue is eShop won't be accessible for me on sysnand anymore. But I have a 9.2 console so I imagine I have it easier then most folks here. I think I can just fix it by running a CIA of Cubic Ninja on sysnand to launch Hanz. This means I will have to boot into an exploited state to run eShop. But menuhax is a thing now, so it's really not a problem for me to do it that way.

When I eventually get my 3DS out of the pawnshop early next year, I'll get that all sorted out. One of the good things about it being in the pawn shop is that emunand is still on 9.9 incase I would ever need that for anything and I don't think I'll have issues using browserhax on 9.2. I heard the whole browserhax being blocked on older firmwares stops at a certain point. 9.8 or something? I don't recall exactly where though. I already downgraded MSET, so browserhax isn't needed for me to install themehax. :P

Yeah you can use browserhax or menuhax with no issues on 9.2 so you don't need to worry about installing anything to sysnand

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah emunand on o3DS can be updated to latest. Though my issue is eShop won't be accessible for me on sysnand anymore. But I have a 9.2 console so I imagine I have it easier then most folks here. I think I can just fix it by running a CIA of Cubic Ninja on sysnand to launch Hanz (and perhaps trying to run eShop as an SD installed application so I can just direactly patch it instead of using hanz assuming someone posts the altered romfs/exefs for eShop that fixes this).

This means I will have to boot into an exploited state to run eShop. But menuhax is a thing now, so it's really not a problem for me to do it that way.

I've been out of the scene too long. :(

Going to be super rusty at things when I get back at it in February. :P

Miss you buddy hit me up if you ever need a quick 411

Browser hax used as a entry on 9.0-9.2 to setup menuhax for the first time. Crt manager is simply a multiple choice custom boot file to choose what you boot into.

Also remember you should be able to download a eshop game in emunand and make a legit cia for use in system nand. Not 100% sure but I am like 99% sure. In theory though crt to hbl and run hans should equal system nand

Last edited by Ronhero,

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use ctrmanager you have to use menuhax i think, so it's not exactly viable for you.

You will need to download the latest HBL files from here and put those on the root of your sd card. Next, find the latest *hax 2.x loader for your CFW and put it in the /3ds/ folder. Then just use your preferred entry point to load the HBL (whatever you used to load the cfw before).

As for how to load it from emunand, you have a N3DS right?

If so then you can just use browserhax from inside emunand to access the HBL. If you want to be able to continue using your browser normally with emunand, then you can install a cia of cubic ninja and use that to load ninjhax.

All this is tedious as hell, and you need to reboot the system and launch the HBL again to access your cfw once you are done, but unfortunately it is the only option available to us on the N3DS.

If you happen to have an O3DS, then idk why you are still on a firmware below 10.0. Just update your emunand.
if emunand is on 9.5, ninjhax 1.1 won't work right?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miss you buddy hit me up if you ever need a quick 411

Browser hax used as a entry on 9.0-9.2 to setup menuhax for the first time. Crt manager is simply a multiple choice custom boot file to choose what you boot into.

Also remember you should be able to download a eshop game in emunand and make a legit cia for use in system nand. Not 100% sure but I am like 99% sure. In theory though crt to hbl and run hans should equal system nand
signed cias made from eshop games will only run on the system/nand they were downloaded on. If his nands are linked it SHOULD work, if not then it won't.

As for using CRT to run hbl, that won't work for him on emunand unless he installs menuhax to emunand.

His best bet is to do like I said and either use browserhax or ninjhax to launch the HBL once he loads emunand.

if emunand is on 9.5, ninjhax 1.1 won't work right?

No, but that is why i said to download the latest *hax files. Use the link I sent you. It will walk you trough setting HBL up on any emunand/sysnand from 9.0 - 10.2

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
signed cias made from eshop games will only run on the system/nand they were downloaded on. If his nands are linked it SHOULD work, if not then it won't.

As for using CRT to run hbl, that won't work for him on emunand unless he installs menuhax to emunand.

His best bet is to do like I said and either use browserhax or ninjhax to launch the HBL once he loads emunand.

No, but that is why i said to download the latest *hax files. Use the link I sent you. It will walk you trough setting HBL up on any emunand/sysnand from 9.0 - 10.2
I have everything setup, 9.0U sysnand, 9.5U emunand, ctrboot manager working. Booted into Reinand with ctrboot, then installed cubic ninja. Everything works so far, but ninjhax 1.1 installation stuck at 70% and I am guessing it is because my emunand is 9.5 ? Which makes me think I need to have 9.0U sys - 9.2U emunand, right?

Last edited by cultopi,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have everything setup, 9.0U sysnand, 9.5U emunand, ctrboot manager working. Booted into Reinand with ctrboot, then installed cubic ninja. Everything works so far, but ninjhax 1.1 installation stuck at 70% and I am guessing it is because my emunand is 9.5 ? Which makes me think I need to have 9.0U sys - 9.2U emunand, right?

Unfortunately afaik if you want to use the HBL with emunand, you won't be able to use CTR.

Any *hax entry point will execute the code found in boot.3dsx on the root of the sd card. Attempting to load the ctr boot.3dsx file with anything other than menuhax has resulted in a crash back to the homemenu for me.

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what I could do, but still got the eshop error code 007-2640. Pretty sure I got the latest HANS.
menuhax > ctr > reinand emunand > CN > ninjhax 2.5 > ctr > HBL > HANS targeted to eShop

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what I could do, but still got the eshop error code 007-2640. Pretty sure I got the latest HANS.
menuhax > ctr > reinand emunand > CN > ninjhax 2.5 > ctr > HBL > HANS targeted to eShop

007-2640, or 007-2404?

The later is the error you get if your problem is the changes nintendo made to the server. Not sure what 007-2640 is.

Also, if you grabbed the files from the site I link then they are the latest. Try using the eshop link that is at the top of the HBL menu rather than loading it through HANS.

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
007-2640, or 007-2404?

The later is the error you get if your problem is the changes nintendo made to the server. Not sure what 007-2640 is.

Also, if you grabbed the files from the site I link then they are the latest. Try using the eshop link that is at the top of the HBL menu rather than loading it through HANS.
OK this setup works pretty good. The error code 007-2640 I think is the trailers that eshop removed but still have a link there.

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
The first page said that this hb do not work anymore. So what are the replacement? I have a n3ds with emunand 9.5. This hb is used to access eshop and download update if not mistaken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: i am sad ugh