ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My closest guess would be that there is a value that dictates if you have any given character (if they are alive, dead, or never recruited) and this value changes the entire file's offset. Because of this it would be very difficult to locate and preserve all the information affected by this. You could just add Gaius then using the editor give yourself any given amount of items. Though I could understand why you wouldn't want to that. I will continue to look in to it however it could take a while.

Edit: the names of the forged weapons are still in the save file (bronze sword, bronze lance) giving more weight to the previous statement.

Edit the second: In fact all the items are still there.
So everything is working fine for you, even with the clean save file I gave you. Then can I just have that one back (with Gaius added), or are you still looking into it.

lea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So everything is working fine for you, even with the clean save file I gave you. Then can I just have that one back (with Gaius added), or are you still looking into it.

No it didn't actually work. The item values are still in the save however the game does not read it. I think it is doable to preserve all of the values however not easily, it would be much easier to just give yourself more items through the editor.

Sallya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this editor compatible with the Japanese version? I used FEAST to decompress my save, but I get a "not responding" when I try to open it in the editor. If I use my compressed save, I get an endless looping yellow bar. Any suggestions? I attached a save that I was trying to edit.

Attachments

• FEA Save.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 137

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it didn't actually work. The item values are still in the save however the game does not read it. I think it is doable to preserve all of the values however not easily, it would be much easier to just give yourself more items through the editor.

So just get rid of any forged weapons (since that causes weird errors), give myself x99 of every item (Max Convoy), forget any Xenologue turns (since that's the least of my problems), and accept any extra skills that Gaius can't normally learn (because there's no way to erase them).

Good thing this game doesn't have a Fire Emblem Bank/Fire Emblem Transporter monitored and checked by Nintendo, like another certain franchise. I guess this means free reign.

DonnyDon

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I level up a character and change the class does his stats change too?
I edited Sully, but she is quite weak. I don't remember her stats before the editing!

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the max convoy edit to work (do not use this and the clone edit at the same until after you loaed and saved your modified file in the game, or else your convoy will still be wiped out).

However, I now have a few junk items I can't get rid of:

-Blighted Claws
-Blighted Talons
-Expiration
-extra Falchions
-extra Exalted Falchions
-extra Parallel Falchions

How do I get rid of these?

Lightimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble opening the save editor. I have gotten to step three, which is decompressing my save files, but when I open up the the latest version, all I get is a zip files with the three folders: com, META-INF, and org.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble opening the save editor. I have gotten to step three, which is decompressing my save files, but when I open up the the latest version, all I get is a zip files with the three folders: com, META-INF, and org.
You extracted it rather than run it like a program. The program is a .jar, not a .zip.

lea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did this ever get to a point where i can unlock a very late game character (gangrel) early to actually play the story with them?

Yes use the editor to duplicate a non-married, non-avatar (includes logbook) say lissa. Then go into a hex editor (HxD) search for lissa's hex value (070400) then replace it with gangrel's hex value (072E00). Go back to the editor make sure it worked, change the class and your done.

On an unrelated note does anyone know where support values are stored?

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes use the editor to duplicate a non-married, non-avatar (includes logbook) say lissa. Then go into a hex editor (HxD) search for lissa's hex value (070400) then replace it with gangrel's hex value (072E00). Go back to the editor make sure it worked, change the class and your done.

Except the character you want will have skills that they're not supposed to learn (and there's no way to permanently get rid of them), and will already have supports with certain characters (depending on how many supports the unit you're cloning has).

And your items WILL get wiped (make sure any of your units are holding items you're not prepared to lose), but you can use the Max Convoy option to refill your convoy, except you'll also be stuck with the following items:

-Blighted Claws
-Blighted Talons
-Expiration
-extra Falchions
-extra Exalted Falchions
-extra Parallel Falchions

sonicking

Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded the file and opened my chapter file, but I've been sitting here for about an hour and its still loading all the information. Is it because there's something wrong with my chapter data or something else?

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

does this actually give me gangrel, as i'd get him from the paralogue, or would i just paste gangrels sprite over lissas and technically, it'd still be her?

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this actually give me gangrel, as i'd get him from the paralogue, or would i just paste gangrels sprite over lissas and technically, it'd still be her?

It's Gangrel's data (character profile and everything), just change his class to what he's supposed to be (or classes he can actually become) to avoid pure confusion.

However, I would hold off from adding Gangrel altogether, since he can be obtained later in a spotpass paralogue, which may cause confusion if recruited.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's Gangrel's data (character profile and everything), just change his class to what he's supposed to be (or classes he can actually become) to avoid pure confusion.

However, I would hold off from adding Gangrel altogether, since he can be obtained later in a spotpass paralogue, which may cause confusion if recruited.
the thing is, the only reason these kinds of editors interest me at all is to be able to play the game with those chars you'd otherwise only get once you really don't need any chars anymore

Eriorguez

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I managed to get twin Morgans, so to speak, using the old method of copying the already recruited one, and changing the hex value to turn them into the opposite gendered one. However, even if it worked neatly, without getting my important items whipped out, as the original Morgan had some supports, the new one is a bit skewed: For starters, this F!Morgan appears to be married to Gerome, yet, when Gerome is checked up, he remains unmarried. There are also a few filled supports, but they seem to work only on F!Morgan's end, as she doesn't even appear in the support listings of the other units.

I ran into a similar issue when I added a duplicated and genderswapped M!Kana to my Fates file, but the Fates save editor allowed me to edit away the faulty, one-ended supports, and now it works just fine, so I was wondering if there would be a way to tweak that issue in Awakening.

Last edited by Eriorguez,

maxymoxy23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um two thing one when i click inventory it dose not do anything and two the latest version has kept me waiting for it to load for almost 2 hours

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Latest nightly build (doesn't need FEAST)
February 11th, 2017 (Download):

• Improved user GUI. Restarted working on this, will update once every two weeks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

um two thing one when i click inventory it dose not do anything and two the latest version has kept me waiting for it to load for almost 2 hours
Please share the file that kept you waiting 2 hours, so I can fix it.

Reactions: lea

lea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest nightly build (doesn't need FEAST)
February 11th, 2017 (Download):

• Improved user GUI. Restarted working on this, will update once every two weeks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please share the file that kept you waiting 2 hours, so I can fix it.
I'm not even kidding I had a really crappy day and this just made my life so much better.
seriously thank you.

Last edited by lea,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head