ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Fathomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that this is probably the wrong place to post this, but I only installed homebrew on my 3DS for Awakening hacks and thus am pretty clueless about most everything.

So, I'm interested in buying Fates, but that's probably gonna require a system update. My question is this: Is it safe to upgrade my 3DS? If not (which I would assume will be the answer), how can I safely go about upgrading without losing my homebrew?

I have an old generation 3DS XL, and its system version is 10.1.0-27u.

My apologies for posting something that probably doesn't belong here. I've seen similar stuff in the past, and y'all seem like a pretty helpful bunch, so I thought it might be ok.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I know that this is probably the wrong place to post this, but I only installed homebrew on my 3DS for Awakening hacks and thus am pretty clueless about most everything.

So, I'm interested in buying Fates, but that's probably gonna require a system update. My question is this: Is it safe to upgrade my 3DS? If not (which I would assume will be the answer), how can I safely go about upgrading without losing my homebrew?

I have an old generation 3DS XL, and its system version is 10.1.0-27u.

My apologies for posting something that probably doesn't belong here. I've seen similar stuff in the past, and y'all seem like a pretty helpful bunch, so I thought it might be ok.
Just downgrade to 9.2 using safesysupdater, then set up an Emunand.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
oml could've told me how OP grima is in the first battle lmao. This was harder than I expected. Ended up having to rely on a lot of RNG lol! Thankfully in prologue and ch1 I had OP freddy :^)

Anyway I completed ch1 and do have Phila, but I need a little help here for that character id. FireEditor won't open a decompressed Chapter0 (it keeps loading infinitely) and opening a still compressed file in HxD doesn't give me any clues either (nor opening the decompressed chapter0). I have attached the save data below if that helps otherwise. It is the freshly dumped lot, so it hasn't been through FE:A Save Tool at all. If it matters, for my MU I went for all the defaults so "1" on all properties, male, robbin, etc.

Edit: can't find any thread on save data structure on gbatemp or serenesforest either to try and teach myself either :\

Edit 2: I loaded up the save again (with NTR) and Phila changed to .. well.. this:

View attachment 37561
I don't know much about Save Structures, but it seems the game converted Phila into a guest MU?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Can we not argue over this? They just took the petting out of the face petting, so let's just call it "Face Time with Allies" and move on to something productive.:gba:
I agree, now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to marry FeMui to Rinka's abs
tumblr_o232h8UYVC1v7qe33o1_400.png

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow you really are dense. Seriously. Go open those links and read jeezus it literally says NINTENDO SPOKE AND CONFIRMED THE RUMOR!

Nope. You made it seem like Nintendo confirmed that the entire feature (2D Models and convos) was removed when they only said that the face petting was removed, and assumed that other My Castle stuff would be removed. It's ridiculous how people saw "face petting removed" and people assumed the main feature of My Room was removed without any official confirmation by Nintendo themselves.

Can we not argue over this? They just took the petting out of the face petting, so let's just call it "Face Time with Allies" and move on to something productive.:gba:

Agreed, I'm done with this. Name calling really does bring people down in terms of respect.

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, I was experimenting with Character IDs and found some interesting things...
First off, I managed to turn Yukimura into Anna, and she can only support with Kamui, which is expected.
scr_21_TOP_LEFT.png scr_21_BOTTOM.png scr_15_TOP_RIGHT.png
Secondly, the children characters from Conquest are programmed into Birthright(and probably vice versa).
scr_20_TOP_LEFT.png scr_19_TOP_LEFT.png scr_18_TOP_RIGHT.png scr_17_TOP_RIGHT.png
However, they appear to be unable to support with any unit, not even each other.
scr_14_TOP_RIGHT.png
Also, just like when I replaced Shigure with the other Kanna, their hair is grey in Skinship, but the aura around them is Yellow-ish, not Pink/Blue
scr_2_BOTTOM.png scr_1_BOTTOM.png And as expected, they are unable to receive stat buffs from skinship due to not having supports in the first place.

And another thing: I replaced Yukimura and Izana(the two units that show up after certain requirements are met in My Castle) and they came back after the next battle as if they'd never been recruited in the first place!

Last edited by Relic Song,
Reactions: Mrperson0

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Okay so, I was experimenting with Character IDs and found some interesting things...
First off, I managed to turn Yukimura into Anna, and she can only support with Kamui, which is expected.
View attachment 37753 View attachment 37754 View attachment 37759
Secondly, the children characters from Conquest are programmed into Birthright(and probably vice versa).
View attachment 37751 View attachment 37755 View attachment 37756 View attachment 37757
However, they appear to be unable to support with any unit, not even each other.
View attachment 37760
Also, just like when I replaced Shigure with the other Kanna, their hair is grey in Skinship, but the aura around them is Yellow-ish, not Pink/Blue
View attachment 37761 View attachment 37762 And as expected, they are unable to receive stat buffs from skinship due to not having supports in the first place.

And another thing: I replaced Yukimura and Izana(the two units that show up after certain requirements are met in My Castle) and they came back after the next battle as if they'd never been recruited in the first place!

Do you have access to romhacking? What version of Fates are you running?

This is because each character's support pool is hardcoded to only work on certain routes, so say, you have Lazward or Soleil, because they're only availible in both Nohr and/or 3rd path, they where programmed to have no support pool in Hoshido, I can easily fix this or teach you how to do it.

I already know somewhat how the character block works, heck, I even Removed Robin's amiibo/guest MU flags so he could support, gave him a full support pool (same as Male Kamui), added Female Kamui to his/male kamui's support pool, added Robin to theirs, and had Female Kamui marry Robin.
anrAZ6o.png
jgLCrsG.png

lt8XkPw.png
QzbLnxa.png

w6S5v5o.png
sdzXXiW.png

JFzBP3O.png
l6C9Fui.png

Reactions: Mrperson0

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm, I thought that was due to every version of the game containing every character, from every path. IIRC, after some data mining, that's how the third path was revealed before Nintendo even officially revealed it in Japan.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yo at time of posting GameXPlain is streaming FE:Fates Hoshido side and he just went to the My Room. Rest is in spoiler tag for those who don't want spoilers:

Ok so upon entering my room the option for "petting" is normally there, it is called "invite ally". This leads to the regular inviting of 1 ally. Then instead of petting the character instantly gives a short voice acted bit and gains the same boost that petting would give. The "petting" is therefore not entirely gone to the extend where the action is gone, but the rewards are not.

Quickly capped screencap:
chrome_2016-02-06_19-17-47.jpg

For if anyone is around and about right now: The Stream

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo at time of posting GameXPlain is streaming FE:Fates Hoshido side and he just went to the My Room. Rest is in spoiler tag for those who don't want spoilers:

Ok so upon entering my room the option for "petting" is normally there, it is called "invite ally". This leads to the regular inviting of 1 ally. Then instead of petting the character instantly gives a short voice acted bit and gains the same boost that petting would give. The "petting" is therefore not entirely gone to the extend where the action is gone, but the rewards are not.

Quickly capped screencap:
View attachment 37839

For if anyone is around and about right now: The Stream

This was revealed a few days ago.

Do you have access to romhacking? What version of Fates are you running?

This is because each character's support pool is hardcoded to only work on certain routes, so say, you have Lazward or Soleil, because they're only availible in both Nohr and/or 3rd path, they where programmed to have no support pool in Hoshido, I can easily fix this or teach you how to do it.

I already know somewhat how the character block works, heck, I even Removed Robin's amiibo/guest MU flags so he could support, gave him a full support pool (same as Male Kamui), added Female Kamui to his/male kamui's support pool, added Robin to theirs, and had Female Kamui marry Robin.
anrAZ6o.png
jgLCrsG.png

lt8XkPw.png
QzbLnxa.png

w6S5v5o.png
sdzXXiW.png

JFzBP3O.png
l6C9Fui.png
I'm not too particularly into the whole rom hacking scene, but I would love to be able to remove the GuestMU/amiibo flag. I tried finding it in HxD but I can't make heads or tails of anything more than character and class pointers, and the silence of my extra units is unnerving:wacko:

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@Relic Song Now, hear me out, this is probably a long it of explanation so I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

The information for GameData.bin is here, and when mapped out, this is how character blocks look like (credit to @TildeHat for both links)
dPhWylp.png

First of all, Remember that character blocks are 0x98 bytes in Size.

Next, for amiibo units, Marth Ike and Robin's character blocks start with
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40, you want to get rid of the last 40 and roll it 2 values to the left, making it
00 00 00 00 00 40 00 00, this signals the game that this is a normal male unit
for Lucina, it's the same, but first value is 01, the first value says whether the unit is male or female, so 00 for ike robin marth (males) and 01 for Lucina (female),
01 00 00 00 00 00 00 40, again, roll the 40,
01 00 00 00 00 40 00 00, this should be enough for the game to treat them as normal playable units.

Do note that they will still have absolutely no dialogue where none is programmed, I added level up quotes for Lucina and Robin, go to the m folder, there is a file, lvup.bin.lz, drag it into FEAT for a .txt file, and paste this at the very end;

MID_レベルアップ1_ルフレ: Hmm, I don't feel\nvery different...
MID_レベルアップ2_ルフレ: I can tell\nI've gotten stronger
MID_レベルアップ3_ルフレ: Now that's strategy!
MID_レベルアップ4_ルフレ: Wow... Sometimes I\nsurprise even myself!
MID_カンスト_ルフレ: My tactics are\nrivaled by none.
MID_レベルアップ1_ルキナ: I cannot\nsettle for this!
MID_レベルアップ2_ルキナ: Good. I must\nstay this course.
MID_レベルアップ3_ルキナ: This strenght serves\nmore than me alone.
MID_レベルアップ4_ルキナ: Father... I've become\nmuch stronger...

Save the .txt file, drag into FEAT to turn it back into a .bin.lz

Example of Robin;
R9qnGuX.png

For character support pools, looking at the character block mapped above, just look for the value after the character id, I've seen values such as 02 02, 03 02, 05 02, and 07 02.

You want to set this value to 07 02, this tells the game that this character is available in all routes and as thus their support pool is usable.

Reactions: Relic Song

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Relic Song Now, hear me out, this is probably a long it of explanation so I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

The information for GameData.bin is here, and when mapped out, this is how character blocks look like (credit to @TildeHat for both links)
dPhWylp.png

First of all, Remember that character blocks are 0x98 bytes in Size.

Next, for amiibo units, Marth Ike and Robin's character blocks start with
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40, you want to get rid of the last 40 and roll it 2 values to the left, making it
00 00 00 00 00 40 00 00, this signals the game that this is a normal male unit
for Lucina, it's the same, but first value is 01, the first value says whether the unit is male or female, so 00 for ike robin marth (males) and 01 for Lucina (female),
01 00 00 00 00 00 00 40, again, roll the 40,
01 00 00 00 00 40 00 00, this should be enough for the game to treat them as normal playable units.

Do note that they will still have absolutely no dialogue where none is programmed, I added level up quotes for Lucina and Robin, go to the m folder, there is a file, lvup.bin.lz, drag it into FEAT for a .txt file, and paste this at the very end;

MID_レベルアップ1_ルフレ: Hmm, I don't feel\nvery different...
MID_レベルアップ2_ルフレ: I can tell\nI've gotten stronger
MID_レベルアップ3_ルフレ: Now that's strategy!
MID_レベルアップ4_ルフレ: Wow... Sometimes I\nsurprise even myself!
MID_カンスト_ルフレ: My tactics are\nrivaled by none.
MID_レベルアップ1_ルキナ: I cannot\nsettle for this!
MID_レベルアップ2_ルキナ: Good. I must\nstay this course.
MID_レベルアップ3_ルキナ: This strenght serves\nmore than me alone.
MID_レベルアップ4_ルキナ: Father... I've become\nmuch stronger...

Save the .txt file, drag into FEAT to turn it back into a .bin.lz

Example of Robin;
R9qnGuX.png

For character support pools, looking at the character block mapped above, just look for the value after the character id, I've seen values such as 02 02, 03 02, 05 02, and 07 02.

You want to set this value to 07 02, this tells the game that this character is available in all routes and as thus their support pool is usable.

Thank you, this is a really detailed set of instructions that I'm sure even I could follow, but I just wanted to remove the shield icons from my logbook units so they can have audible critical phrases.. :mthr:

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, this is a really detailed set of instructions that I'm sure even I could follow, but I just wanted to remove the shield icons from my logbook units so they can have audible critical phrases.. :mthr:
They may have the shield icon, but they're kind of special guest units where they have all of the spoken dialogue a normal character would have. This goes for critical quotes, battle start, support, battle grunts, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: The animators knew what they were doing.