ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like there was a lot of Fates discussion in here, I'll have to avoid to avoid this thread for a while until the PAL version is released!

I'm gonna have access to a computer and hex editor for a few hours on Wednesday, so if anyone here has a list of unit IDs for Fates that I could use for experiments, sharing is caring! I'm particularly interested in IDs for Nohr units and maybe Anna if anyone's found her ID yet.:blush:

DeathChaos made this spreadsheet with character values: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-fireeditor-fe-a-save-editor.397493/page-55#post-5939930

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't been able to extract my saves successfully but while I figure that out can someone tell me if the save editor can be used to alter the max stats of a character?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haven't been able to extract my saves successfully but while I figure that out can someone tell me if the save editor can be used to alter the max stats of a character?
It can't be, but unless you're on lunatic+ and really suck at strategy games (no offense meant) then i cant understand how 10 units under the following can conditions cannot carry the game;

max lvl max stats master class unit (max stats using items that save editor grants!) that has skills like Dragonskin, Galeforce, Astra, Vantage+, Luna+, Aegis+, Aether, Arms Thrift, Iote's Shield, ignis, Lifetaker, etc

Heck go for a Sage Morgan/MU with forged Aversa's Night that has Vantage+, Sol, Lifetaker, Rightful God and Arms Thrift then slam on a supporting unit to ensure luck is high enough to always proc Armsthrift with Rightful God and you'll have 2 nearly invincible units thanks to insane recovery.

Mic1604

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure if the place to ask, but will it be possible to modify the US version of Fates to have everything that got removed or to modify the Japanese version to have English text and voices along with a region free modification to be able to use online features?

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if the place to ask, but will it be possible to modify the US version of Fates to have everything that got removed or to modify the Japanese version to have English text and voices along with a region free modification to be able to use online features?

For the former, no one will know until we actually get the game. For the latter, it is pretty easy if you have access to custom firmware on the 3DS. However, if you only have access to Homebrew on the 3DS, apparently it's still possible to use the English translation for If, but it will be impossible to download or install DLC, which will stop you from being able to play online since you can't install an update patch.

Mic1604

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For the former, no one will know until we actually get the game. For the latter, it is pretty easy if you have access to custom firmware on the 3DS. However, if you only have access to Homebrew on the 3DS, apparently it's still possible to use the English translation for If, but it will be impossible to download or install DLC, which will stop you from being able to play online since you can't install an update patch.
Running reiNAND right now. But, wouldn't it be possible to copy the region identifier from the US version over to the JP one, essentially turning JP into US? Or is this only possible with the source?

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running reiNAND right now. But, wouldn't it be possible to copy the region identifier from the US version over to the JP one, essentially turning JP into US? Or is this only possible with the source?

Actually, misread the latter half of your question, thought you were asking about the English translation for If. For actually moving over the US version's text and VA, I have no clue about that.

Mic1604

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually, misread the latter half of your question, thought you were asking about the English translation for If. For actually moving over the US version's text and VA, I have no clue about that.
Considering it's built on the same source, then it will be only a matter of file replacing and minor edits within the romfs, right? (New to romhacks and trying to get everything straight.)

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The new version is working good on Firefox and Chrome so far. Will be released on December 31st, 2016.

Firefox3.PNG

Reactions: Mrperson0

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be, but unless you're on lunatic+ and really suck at strategy games (no offense meant) then i cant understand how 10 units under the following can conditions cannot carry the game;

max lvl max stats master class unit (max stats using items that save editor grants!) that has skills like Dragonskin, Galeforce, Astra, Vantage+, Luna+, Aegis+, Aether, Arms Thrift, Iote's Shield, ignis, Lifetaker, etc

Heck go for a Sage Morgan/MU with forged Aversa's Night that has Vantage+, Sol, Lifetaker, Rightful God and Arms Thrift then slam on a supporting unit to ensure luck is high enough to always proc Armsthrift with Rightful God and you'll have 2 nearly invincible units thanks to insane recovery.

I know but I hate how children units are better than their parents in every way, its what stopped Awakening and Fates from being my favourite Fire Emblem games, because once you start unlocking children units you have every incentive to bench the parent or your just handicapping yourself.

I wanted to try balancing the max stats (no way this 10 kid Morgan can outclass the Main character in everyway, thats just poor design).

They should make a dlc where you can unlock skill scrolls that only parents can equip to balance it out a little, in Awakening once my units where reaching max stats I started equipping only the parents with the +2 all stats skill and +5 'weapn'fair skill.

Last edited by Raybrand,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
@DeathChaos25 so sorry for the late reply. For some reason I wasn't properly notified about your tag with the files :\

Alas, I can not give any results just yet. For some reason the game doesn't boot at all. It gives the NTR green flash, but after that it just gets stuck on the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. This might very well be because your files were meant for the US game and I only have European FE:A (I renamed the folders). That said, my SD setup is currently:

SDroot:\000400000009F100\data,face,m,scripts
SDroot:\Phila
SDroot:\plugin\000400000009F100\layeredfs.plg

I have a new3DS 9.5.0-30E Emunand running RxTools Nightly and NTR 3.2.

I'm gonna hit post now and in the meantime get a US game from that one site for the sake of testing.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The Phila folder is unneeded, that was just there to conveniently name the hack, and yeah I have the US version of the game, so idk how the files might behave in the EU version.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Phila folder is unneeded, that was just there to conveniently name the hack, and yeah I have the US version of the game, so idk how the files might behave in the EU version.
oml could've told me how OP grima is in the first battle lmao. This was harder than I expected. Ended up having to rely on a lot of RNG lol! Thankfully in prologue and ch1 I had OP freddy :^)

Anyway I completed ch1 and do have Phila, but I need a little help here for that character id. FireEditor won't open a decompressed Chapter0 (it keeps loading infinitely) and opening a still compressed file in HxD doesn't give me any clues either (nor opening the decompressed chapter0). I have attached the save data below if that helps otherwise. It is the freshly dumped lot, so it hasn't been through FE:A Save Tool at all. If it matters, for my MU I went for all the defaults so "1" on all properties, male, robbin, etc.

Edit: can't find any thread on save data structure on gbatemp or serenesforest either to try and teach myself either :\

Edit 2: I loaded up the save again (with NTR) and Phila changed to .. well.. this:

scr_1_MERGED.png

Attachments

• FE_Save.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited by Favna,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
    Veho @ Veho: