ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

neofranky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it possible to, now or in the future, edit this way an unrecruited characters' base stats and class? This could make it so we could make runs where every character is recruited on a different class, rather than needing a second seal.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it possible to, now or in the future, edit this way an unrecruited characters' base stats and class? This could make it so we could make runs where every character is recruited on a different class, rather than needing a second seal.
I think not. With the basic knowledge I have, the stats and class the units are recruited with is data saved within the ROM. There's no any trace of save data, for example, about Tharja before she is recruited, so there's not a possible way to change their class before recruiting.

But you can easily change the class once it gets recruited. Anyway, my knowledge in the matter is really poor right now, looking for threads in the serenes forest site could be of great help to figure it out too.

hollablack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tips:
  • If you want your Grimas to use expiration, just optimize equipment.
  • If you want to use Brides/Dread Fighters, you can, but the class will appear as Outrealm Class/Skill and with the generic avatar sprite
  • If you want your Grimas to move, give them boots. If you want to give them 4 movement, give them the Passenger skill and pair them up with someone.

More suggestions:
  • Edit a file from casual to classic
  • Edit renown
  • Edit the Avatar's name?
  • Make it possible to have 2 Morgans in the Morgan paralogue?
Again, these are all things I've seen people being able to do on Serenen's with Hex editing, I am not demanding anything out of you, what you did already was amazing enough!

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tips:
  • If you want your Grimas to use expiration, just optimize equipment.
  • If you want to use Brides/Dread Fighters, you can, but the class will appear as Outrealm Class/Skill and with the generic avatar sprite
  • If you want your Grimas to move, give them boots. If you want to give them 4 movement, give them the Passenger skill and pair them up with someone.

More suggestions:
  • Edit a file from casual to classic
  • Edit renown
  • Edit the Avatar's name?
  • Make it possible to have 2 Morgans in the Morgan paralogue?
Again, these are all things I've seen people being able to do on Serenen's with Hex editing, I am not demanding anything out of you, what you did already was amazing enough!
Thanks for your suggestions! I'm still working on improving it. I will call it complete once I've tested enough, and added many more features. But that's still far, so you can hope for many more improvements! After all, I've not even gotten to v1.0-alpha, not talking even about beta and final versions yet!

I hope to be able to have tools for EVERYTHING that is editale in the save file for when this is finished. If I should give an ETA, it would be around mid-december, since I see myself completing this in 2-3 months.

So, there's a long way before calling it a day! Thanks for your suggestions again, I will look deeply into them for sure!

Reactions: SomeGamer

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is only if you don't have the DLC downloaded to your game (Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2). Same for the respective DLC Skills appearing as Outrealm Skills. If you do have the DLC downloaded, you might need to enter the specific map to actually have it loaded.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is only if you don't have the DLC downloaded to your game (Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2). Same for the respective DLC Skills appearing as Outrealm Skills. If you do have the DLC downloaded, you might need to enter the specific map to actually have it loaded.
Thanks for commenting that. Forgot to state it within the last update, of course, it unlocks the slots for items and the classes, but if you don't have them (bought the DLC and entered the map once at least), they will get the standard appearence the game gives for empty slots. Be it classes, items or learnt skills.

Last edited by Olmectron,

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Turns out that hacked classes can appear through StreetPass:

So for now, it seems that enemy-only Skills are the only things that can't appear in StreetPass battles. Can't wait to be able to edit the Avatar's to have a StreetPass team full of Grimas!

I knew this already, I RAM hacked Anna to Dancer as well as a random streetpass MU and my friend got the team.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I knew this already, I RAM hacked Anna to Dancer as well as a random streetpass MU and my friend got the team.
Alright, but it's okay for someone to post a video here, since many people who has commented in this thread is new around here since the latest ironhax/tubehax/browserhax were released. RAM hacking has been a thing since a year or two, and mostly for those who stayed on older firmware able to run spider.

But none had commented so far, nor posted any video in this thread.

Last edited by Olmectron,

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Problem: Most of my units don't show up in the editor, I know you mentioned Spotpass characters can't be edited yet, but not only are my streetpass avatars not showing up, a lot of normal units aren't showing up either, like MU.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cool, but I didn't see anyone talking about it over at Serene's RAM hacking topic or see ShadowofChaos post any videos about it. *shrug*

Problem: Most of my units don't show up in the editor, I know you mentioned Spotpass characters can't be edited yet, but not only are my streetpass avatars not showing up, a lot of normal units aren't showing up either, like MU.

Are you saved in a battle? If so, you'll have to save in the world map so all of your characters are "active".

Last edited by Mrperson0,

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, thanks for commenting that. MU? Sorry, not familiar with that, do you mean "My Unit"? Nor your Avatar (your unit) nor the Avatar-creation based characters (all Spotpass, Logbook and DLC characters are like this) will show up. Only "unique" ones, that means everyone recruited through the campaign, excepting your unit. I'm still working on that.

However, if you're still missing unique characters like Chrom, Sumia, and so on, you may have saved in a battle's preparation menu. The units selected for the map won't show up, you need to save outside any battle for everyone to appear.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you saved in a battle? If so, you'll have to save in the world map so all of your characters are "active".
Ninja'd me. :lol:

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, thanks for commenting that. MU? Sorry, not familiar with that, do you mean "My Unit"? Nor your Avatar (your unit) nor the Avatar-creation based characters (all Spotpass, Logbook and DLC characters are like this) will show up. Only "unique" ones, that means everyone recruited through the campaign, excepting your unit. I'm still working on that.

However, if you're still missing unique characters like Chrom, Sumia, and so on, you may have saved in a battle's preparation menu. The units selected for the map won't show up, you need to save outside any battle for everyone to appear.

Ninja'd me. :lol:
Yes MU is My Unit (ie Avatar). So I guess I still have to dump my RAM and sift through pointers to change his class, *sigh*.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
WVW69ibL4LsLiEiPDV

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHked2PXHQ

WVW69ibL6jAD46VeEr

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkeeW4UVQ

WVW69ibL_G83nE8w44

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkeeT7c9A

This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to Miiverse.

Green Mii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Careful with posts like that. I posted stuff that was very similar and they were (somewhat) quickly taken down by admins. It was sure fun messing with those who didn't know about hacking, though.
I upload stuff like this all the time.
See: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOD9Jf3g https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkODaeu9Q

I also post in Japanese communities which is impossible without region free hacks.

BFZlpkx.png

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkODPL0gA

I mean, am I a god or something on Miiverse? I've seen other people's comments get removed.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, am I a god or something on Miiverse? I've seen other people's comments get removed.

Guess you just lucked out. I recall someone complaining about getting banned because the uploaded a screenshot of a Game Boy game that wasn't in the eShop.

Curious as to why you didn't contribute any of your finding to the RAM hacking thread on SerenesForest if it's "old". And no, the majority of FE fans do not check Miiverse, lol.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Guess you just lucked out. I recall someone complaining about getting banned because the uploaded a screenshot of a Game Boy game that wasn't in the eShop.

Curious as to why you didn't contribute any of your finding to the RAM hacking thread on SerenesForest if it's "old". And no, the majority of FE fans do not check Miiverse, lol.
Hmm, that never came to mind. I do have an account there.

This picture, I must make it a meme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."?
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👀 Where?! 👀 Where!?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, That was hell.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    When you play SM64 but you try recreating the slider song from memory during an episode.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i kinda left without giving the quote, but here it is
    iu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Our weather is crazy here in Ohio, was 90 last week, now its in the 60's, 45 at night.
    +1
    mmmAbout the same here. Under cloud cover at the moment
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys probably wearing winter jackets when in 60's in Cali.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: careful that shit don't make you go blind