• Views 1,494,090
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Once either my initial memchunkhax2 compatibility pull request gets accepted into libkhax or I manage to get it stabilized, I'll be updating FBI for compatibility.
Thanks! The current modified version of FBI has about a 0.0046% bootrate on n3DS!

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Steveice10 So I have an odd request. I was wondering if once you get fbi officially working on 10.3 if you could add an option to remove a CIA that you previously installed completely from the tickets or where ever it's stored completely (as an option) when uninstalling so that you're able to actually purchase those titles from the eShop after you uninstall them. Other wise if it's a legit CIA the eShop only let's you redownload them oddly. It would be great if you could add this feature in thanks!

Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule,

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone help with this error? everything was working fine now i cant seem to instal any cia's
20160106_043904.jpg

Last edited by IpsoFact0,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone help with this error? everything was working fine now i cant seem to instal any cia's View attachment 34666
Yep nobody seems to know why this is happening myself and several other people have posted asking about it but nobody ever replies with help.

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm trying to get GBA games to work on the latest rxTools, and my understanding is that AGB_FIRM is no longer required, and all I need to do is install the CIA to both emuNAND and sysNAND. I understand how to do that now, and am about to try and think it should be fine, but in the process, I made a small mistake.

Instead of injecting FBI to sysNAND, launching it from there, and installing the CIA then, I misunderstood so what I did is I launched FBI from emuNAND, installed it to SD, then pressed L to "switch location" and installed it to "NAND". Now I have an extra copy of the GBA game on my home menu, and it doesn't appear in the 3DS uninstall software list.

My question is, how can I get rid of this thing? I assume I can use the "delete title" option in FBI, but the problem is, I have no idea which of these IDs correspond to the game. Many of them just say <N/A>, in fact. The game is Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow if that helps. Is there any easy way to determine which title is which, or should I use "launch title" mode and just go through the whole

Last edited by hmp22,

MdKarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
anyone help with this error? everything was working fine now i cant seem to instal any cia's

You forgot this:

Q: I'm getting a "DESCRIPTION_DATABASE_DOES_NOT_EXIST" / "DESCRIPTION_INVALID_DATABASE" error!
A: This shouldn't happen any more, as FBI takes care of initializing the database files for you. However, if it does, you likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I'm trying to get GBA games to work on the latest rxTools, and my understanding is that AGB_FIRM is no longer required, and all I need to do is install the CIA to both emuNAND and sysNAND. I understand how to do that now, and am about to try and think it should be fine, but in the process, I made a small mistake.

Instead of injecting FBI to sysNAND, launching it from there, and installing the CIA then, I misunderstood so what I did is I launched FBI from emuNAND, installed it to SD, then pressed L to "switch location" and installed it to "NAND". Now I have an extra copy of the GBA game on my home menu, and it doesn't appear in the 3DS uninstall software list.

My question is, how can I get rid of this thing? I assume I can use the "delete title" option in FBI, but the problem is, I have no idea which of these IDs correspond to the game. Many of them just say <N/A>, in fact. The game is Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow if that helps. Is there any easy way to determine which title is which, or should I use "launch title" mode and just go through the whole
If you look at the titles installed to nand, one of them starts with 04000. That's a game and has to be deleted. All the others are system titles.

Wait till someone agrees with me though. Deleting a system title could be disastrous!

Cruzinats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about this error? I read it's N3DS related but I haven't managed to find a fix here yet.

Install failed!
TTCDF0JAPRFCIA.cia
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_STATUS (0x19)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: <unknown> (0x1)

arcticnoah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a tip for you guys trying to load the edited version of FBI for cia support on 9.2+, try doing these steps!

1 Load the homebrew launcher via menuhax/ironhax/oothax (Basically any except browserhax... xD)
2 Insert a 3DS gamecart into the gamecart slot (Any 3DS one, doesn't matter which one)
3 Launch the edited FBI, eject the gamecart once you are at a blue screen or even before and then spam 'A' until you get to the FBI file browser
4 If you got into the browser, first try installing the CIA, if you get an error, that means that the app didn't manage to call the exploit (Do step 5)
5 If you just got a screen with text but no file browser or didn't manage to successfully install the cia, then I am afraid you have to repeat these steps until it works (It took me around 5-20 tries, so don't give up! ^_^ )

Hope it helps, as it really helped me! Good luck installing!

What about this error? I read it's N3DS related but I haven't managed to find a fix here yet.

Install failed!
TTCDF0JAPRFCIA.cia
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_STATUS (0x19)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: <unknown> (0x1)

This just means the exploit (memchunkhax) wasn't able to access the kernel properly, so try doing the steps above!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Got a tip for you guys trying to load the edited version of FBI for cia support on 9.2+, try doing these steps!

1 Load the homebrew launcher via menuhax/ironhax/oothax (Basically any except browserhax... xD)
2 Insert a 3DS gamecart into the gamecart slot (Any 3DS one, doesn't matter which one)
3 Launch the edited FBI, eject the gamecart once you are at a blue screen or even before and then spam 'A' until you get to the FBI file browser
4 If you got into the browser, first try installing the CIA, if you get an error, that means that the app didn't manage to call the exploit (Do step 5)
5 If you just got a screen with text but no file browser or didn't manage to successfully install the cia, then I am afraid you have to repeat these steps until it works (It took me around 5-20 tries, so don't give up! ^_^ )

Hope it helps, as it really helped me! Good luck installing!

This just means the exploit (memchunkhax) wasn't able to access the kernel properly, so try doing the steps above!
This is part of the eject trick, but as far as I can see there's no blue screen unless you launch ftBrony first (otherwise only a red screen).

The eject trick has never worked for me :-( Either gets stuck before cleaning, or gets to file system but says summary wrong argument.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm on 10.3 emuNAND and I have a 9.2 sysNAND. If I install the cia of FBI and the homebrew launcher (it has a cia right?) to my emuNAND then even once 10.4 comes out I should be able to update my emuNAND and still have access to FBI and the homebrew launcher, right? I wouldn't even need ironhax or ninjhax or any other entrypoints?

Also, in order to get the eshop/NNID working, after updating emuNAND to 10.3 and fooling around with it for a while, I backed my Nintendo 3DS folder, made an emuNAND backup, formatted emuNAND, signed into NNID, then restored all my backups. If I were to delete games purchased from the eshop on my emuNAND, would I still be able to redownload them or are the games no longer linked to my system? I suppose it doesn't matter much if I lose them due to being able to install CIAs, but it feels good to be legit when possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte