• Likes 102

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
you don't really understand cia installing.
'preinstalled' content is not on sysnand. well, it can be. the camera app is preinstalled, that is on sysnand.
but no, preinstalled games etc are on the sd card.
you can install ANY content on sysnand. it DOES NOT MATTER if you are on sysnand or emunand.
the only thing matters is if the cia has a good signature, if it is legit. if yes, it will load without hacks.
you can load pirated games in pbt cfw, that's sysnand. but you cannot load it in rxtools emunand.
when you install a 'legit' preinstalled game, it does not install it to nand. it installs it just like any other non system no dsiware content - to the sd card. as always, you will get a ticket in your ticket.db
any eshop content you install, bought or not, if you have signature patches on, like a cfw/gw, eshop will tell you you have bought it.

YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT!!?? *Downgrades to 4.x to use PBT-CFW* Cheers!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Steveice10 - thanks for the program, it's nice!
there is a problem though, you label everything that is an update, as a demo...
demos are just a normal app title id, ending in a 01, and i think i read they can go until FF. so if mario kart 7 is 0004000000030600, the demo will be 0004000000030601you can have more than one demo, so a 2nd demo could be 0004000000030602, although i don't think it has been used yet for anything.updates are 4000e, instead of 40000. - you label these as demos though.

also, i am confused about the changing the destination. i can change the destination between SD and NAND. i can do this when i am in the 'installing' mode. for both SD and NAND destinations, i am shown the cias on my sd card. it makes me think that when i install a cia game with the destination as SD, it will install it to the SD card (as it should), and it makes me think that when i install the game cia with the destination set to NAND, it will install it to the nand... is that what really happens?

thanks for the hard work :)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edit: ninja' by @caerp :ph34r:

i installed Mario land 3d to my nand i have N3DS spoofed firmware went to eshop and it told me i already owned it ;)
the consoles with pre-installed titles are on SysNAND, it's basically the same thing
Don't be silly, preinstalled games aren't installed to NAND. They're installed to the SD card like any other game.

They show up as being owned in the eShop because that's how preinstalled games work. Any games installed from "clean" .cia archives should show up on your list of purchased games.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
demos are just a normal app title id, ending in a 01, and i think i read they can go until FF. so if mario kart 7 is 0004000000030600, the demo will be 0004000000030601you can have more than one demo, so a 2nd demo could be 0004000000030602, although i don't think it has been used yet for anything.updates are 4000e, instead of 40000. - you label these as demos though.

also, i am confused about the changing the destination. i can change the destination between SD and NAND. i can do this when i am in the 'installing' mode. for both SD and NAND destinations, i am shown the cias on my sd card. it makes me think that when i install a cia game with the destination as SD, it will install it to the SD card (as it should), and it makes me think that when i install the game cia with the destination set to NAND, it will install it to the nand... is that what really happens?

Well, one time - I accidentally tried installing System Settings on the SD card xD - I got an error message thus I changed "Destination" to "NAND". I believe that's why you can change destination while in "install mode". I haven't tried installing a game to NAND because it just sounds stupid to me xD

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well, one time - I accidentally tried installing System Settings on the SD card xD - I got an error message thus I changed "Destination" to "NAND". I believe that's why you can change destination while in "install mode". I haven't tried installing a game to NAND because it just sounds stupid to me xD

sure, it should handle that itself, we should not have the choice to try and install dlc to nand lol, i was thinking if it was a 'feature', since, i guess it is possible somehow to really put a game on the nand instead of the sd card.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Especially when you have games that are almost 1GB and the sysNand is 1GB on O3DS and 2GB on N3DS and then there are the Pokémon games that are 1.7+GBs.

Reactions: WhoAmI?
D

Deleted User

OP

Can you check if the labeling issue is fixed now? And yes, SD mode installs to the SD card and NAND mode installs to the NAND.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Can you check if the labeling issue is fixed now? And yes, SD mode installs to the SD card and NAND mode installs to the NAND.

so i really can install a game/update/dlc etc to nand? it that works it should be an advertised feature, that is really cool.
once in nand, is it removable with normal devmenu? i guess so.
and i can install dsiware to sd card...?

i can't check if the labelling thing is fixed right now, but i can later today, or anyone else could sooner maybe :)

if you would add reading the tmd inside the cia, and showing the info about it (version, title id etc) that would be very useful
thanks for your hard work again!

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think for the nand option a title ID display of what the actuall apps are would be a fantastic improvement to this tool
I.e camera app or system settings, less chance of people bricking sysNAND

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I think for the nand option a title ID display of what the actuall apps are would be a fantastic improvement to this tool
I.e camera app or system settings, less chance of people bricking sysNAND

the title id of installed apps is shown on the top screen, along with the version etc

- if you want the 'name' of the application to be shown, well, not every title has a name. also, it is a bit tricky to extract, although it is possible since this is running on the 3ds and not a computer.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is the "fancy" setup I'm using btw.

1) Latest version of FBI.
2) 3DS Windows explorer extension - https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-windows-explorer-extension.373589/
3) Modified FalconPunch Python script with hardcoded IP - http://pastebin.com/a06AFT1S (Edit or just use the FalconPunch script in the OP)
4) Registry entries for a new shell command - http://pastebin.com/z12Ls39k (Put this in a notepad, modify the path to your FalconPunch script and save it as a .reg file and import it.)

Result:

UOwDd9x.png

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's a legit cia? Cannot install a backuped one? From another 3ds?

A Legit CIA is one that came from a pre-installed game on a special edition 3DS like Luigi's Mansion or New Super Mario Bros. 2. These are not locked to any 3DS and can be installed via FBI using only Ninjahax. Other CIA games require a CFW or some way of patching the signature check.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Would somebody be so kind as to write a quick guide with the steps on how to downgrade the DS flashcart white list and TWL_FIRM to the lowest version possible on a New 3DS XL?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what's a legit cia? Cannot install a backuped one? From another 3ds?

A Legit CIA is one that came from a pre-installed game on a special edition 3DS like Luigi's Mansion or New Super Mario Bros. 2. These are not locked to any 3DS and can be installed via FBI using only Ninjahax. Other CIA games require a CFW or some way of patching the signature check.

no, this is the time we share my sticky.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess Amazon is ditching Alexa for Rufus lol