• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Silver Evans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats your sysnand? are you using gateway or why are you using an emunand?
How do I find these things? I didn't install the CFW myself. I had someone do it for me. Sure I'm Decent with computers and all, but the the coding and all this stuff is to complicated for me. (If you couldn't tell already)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I find these things? I didn't install the CFW myself. I had someone do it for me. Sure I'm Decent with computers and all, but the the coding and all this stuff is to complicated for me. (If you couldn't tell already)
If you dont know what hes talking about, you're fine. What i would personally reccomend is ditching fasthax altogether and following this guide to install a proper cfw 3ds.guide. it's so easy a trained toucan can install it.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the new released kernel exploit important to make FBI on 11.3?
Sort of. Please don't use fbi on 11.3. you're gonna be disappointed. It only works with like 6 games and that's it. The big news though is the ability to downgrade and install a custom firnware, so i suggest you try that instead of waiting on 11.3 with fbi. Just make sure to follow this super simple guide. 3ds.guide

Reactions: PolskiWisnia

PolskiWisnia

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sort of. Please don't use fbi on 11.3. you're gonna be disappointed. It only works with like 6 games and that's it. The big news though is the ability to downgrade and install a custom firnware, so i suggest you try that instead of waiting on 11.3 with fbi. Just make sure to follow this super simple guide. 3ds.guide
Thank you! I'll install CFW. Is the risk very big I can brick the console?

PolskiWisnia

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Extremely minimal. A trained toucan could do it. The only thing you have to worry about is closing the lid on a n3ds when on 2.1 firnware. It causes an unrecoverable mcu brick. O3ds is fine.
Thank God I have O3DS bought on December. When I finish installing CFW I'll write how it was. Again thank you!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you! I'll install CFW. Is the risk very big I can brick the console?
Pretty much every time you hack something as deep as a kernel exploit, you run the risk of bricking it. That's the gamble of hacking.
In this case, it's extremely minimal since the software is thoroughly tested and worked on before it hits the public and even after it goes public. Currently the only know issue to cause a 100% of bricking was brought up by @Giodude and that's closing a new3DS running 2.1. That will completely brick the system forever and not even a hardmod can fix it. So just don't close the new3DS.

LatvaKakkonen

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just registered to this awesome 3ds community. Yes, there is CFW on internet for 11.3 but people struggling with fbi installer without CFW, dont waste your time. You can have it running and installing cia files/games through homebrew running first udsploit but they dont show up!

For best result follow this guy like i did and 3ds working like grandpapa's pocketwatch:

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just registered to this awesome 3ds community. Yes, there is CFW on internet for 11.3 but people struggling with fbi installer without CFW, dont waste your time. You can have it running and installing cia files/games through homebrew running first udsploit but they dont show up!

For best result follow this guy like i did and 3ds working like grandpapa's pocketwatch:

Rule of thumb in this community is to never follow video guides as they become outdated very quickly. The only guide that anyone should follow is http://3ds.guide.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 3dsx work on 11.3 now that CFW works on 11.3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.