Homebrew [Release] FBI Companion - CIA network installation for iOS

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... No I did not. I didn't know that was something I had to do. I'll try it.
That's something Cydia normally does when installing anything just run in terminal or ssh uicache. And I don't think installing with an iPa needs to refresh uicache so it maybe just that

CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
That's something Cydia normally does when installing anything just run in terminal or ssh uicache. And I don't think installing with an iPa needs to refresh uicache so it maybe just that

It shows up on the home screen and the app functions but files aren't saved. Normally, files get saved to the app's Documents folder. I think I will have to modify the app to handle saving files to a specific folder. I'll work on it.

Reactions: jackb994

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
9000th for "Nobody uses iPhone when android exists"
Correction: No sane person uses iPhone.

Kidding aside good work, but even I find it weird something hacky like this got through out and made for iPhone which does not even let you still download files from internet AFAIK, than Android which is paragon for (mostly) open file system. Oh well, android devs are sleeping, post iPhone apps I guess.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Kidding aside good work, but even I find it weird something hacky like this got through out and made for iPhone which does not even let you still download files from internet AFAIK, than Android which is paragon for (mostly) open file system. Oh well, android devs are sleeping, post iPhone apps I guess.
I want to sleep, but I suffer insomnia. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-fbi-network-cia-installer-for-android-pc.412174/

CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States

You can download files and then open them in supported apps, like this one.

Reactions: mungry

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can wait for the fix on the iPad! This is great work, saves a lot of time. Thanks for making this!

Zech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bHAKQcO.png

FBI Companion will let you send CIA files stored locally to FBI via the network install feature. You can open files from Safari, Mail, or any other app that supports opening files in other apps to install a CIA file. You can also use iTunes to save a CIA file from your computer to FBI Companion to install later, or copy CIAs already saved in FBI Companion.

Your iPhone and 3DS must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can also use your phone as a hotspot and send CIAs that way.

This is still a work in progress! Currently the app crashes when opened on iPad, and crashes if the connection is lost while installing a CIA. There are probably other issues too. Let me know about any bugs you encounter! I plan on making this better as I learn more about Objective-C and programming for iOS. :) It might not be as snazzy as SocketPunch, but for my first iOS app, I like how it turned out!

Google's J2ObjC was used to translate Java code to Objective-C for parts of this app, and the app uses MBProgressHUD to give progress notifications about the file transfer.

Download
  • Currently, to install, you need to have a jailbroken iPhone, with AppSync installed, and a way to install IPA files. There will be other methods of installation in the future. The source code will also be released later.

nice work! Problem is i don't use iphone :/ is it possible if you can make one for Windows Phone 10?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States

Oh, you reposted in the wrong neighborhood, son.

What am I using now?

Attachments

• 1487994055934.jpeg
    1487994055934.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, whats the video about?