ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
but how to convert the file to a .cia if this have no xorpads?
You know there's HBLauncher.cia right?
It works as the usual Homebrew, so as long as you have your save inside FLSaveTool, you can restore it to your game in emunand...

manpaint

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know there's HBLauncher.cia right?
It works as the usual Homebrew, so as long as you have your save inside FLSaveTool, you can restore it to your game in emunand...

When i launch hblauncher is crash on a red screen...

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but how to convert the file to a .cia if this have no xorpads?
Why do you need to convert anything to a cia for restoring a save file?
If you're talking about converting the game to cia, you can just generate the xorpads using rxtools
For your crashing issue, you probably need to set up bootctr or something similar. I got a red screen until I did that.

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
When i launch hblauncher is crash on a red screen...
You should edit the hblauncher's payload to boot the homebrew's 3dsx...
Rename the original boot.3dsx into something like bhbl.3dsx. And then open the payload *i'm using notepad++*, search for "boot.3dsx" and change it to bhbl.3dsx

manpaint

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should edit the hblauncher's payload to boot the homebrew's 3dsx...
Rename the original boot.3dsx into something like bhbl.3dsx. And then open the payload *i'm using notepad++*, search for "boot.3dsx" and change it to bhbl.3dsx
I have now an error that say its unable to download the payload or use the payload in my sd but my emunand fw is 10.3.0-28 (latest) and my payload is hblauncher_otherapp_payload_OLD_10-3-0-28-USA.bin

lowe23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I just used this for the first time. All I did was edit Dosh, however, it changed every Life that I haven't even touched to Fledgling meaning I can't gain the basic skills and training from those Lives to actually play them. Is this suppose to happen? I have no qualms about going through every single Life's tutorial, it just means it will take awhile before I can use this editor without messing up my game.

Last edited by lowe23,

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just used this for the first time. All I did was edit Dosh, however, it changed every Life that I haven't even touched to Fledgling meaning I can't gain the basic skills and training from those Lives to actually play them. Is this suppose to happen? I have no qualms about going through every single Life's tutorial, it just means it will take awhile before I can use this editor without messing up my game.

There might be an easier way of doing this now (I haven't been keeping up with this thread for a while) But the way I fixed the problem was by opening the file using a hex editor and manually fixing in the affected lives. You'd have to do this every time you use that tool though. Here are the offsets/explanation of how it works:

It's basically the same thing inserting 00 00 00 00 to 1FCA0 will have the effect that the bytes from 1FCA0 to 1FCA3 are 00.
Code:
Paladin:    1FC7C to 1FC7F
Mercenary:  1FC90 to 1FC93
Hunter:     1FC64 to 1FC67
Wizard:     1FC9C to 1FC9F

Miner:      1FCA0 to 1FCA3
Woodcutter: 1FC74 to 1FC77
Angler:     1FC60 to 1FC63
Cook:       1FC8C to 1FC8F

Blacksmith: 1FC6C to 1FC67
Carpenter:  1FC98 to 1FC9C
Tailor:     1FC78 to 1FC7C
Alchemist:  1FC84 to 1FC87

didaho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys, i have the folder of an old nand (folder 00001131/00000000/.... "here the files" ) There is any way to load this savedata in a new emunand? or load in this save editor to export to a save for the new emunand?

Thanks you so much and sorry for my english.

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it's save to say this project is dead. The one who made the tool vanished and there seems to be no progress from others who apparently worked on a new tool.

ToonRudy

Trophies
XP
Country
usefull 100%

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to get the last bit of data I needed from you. Anyway. Here is the tutorial.

------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: This method of maxing all skills is still very experimental. I'm only sharing this information because more testing needs to be done. So I figured sharing this would help others perfect the method. This being said: BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE REPLACING THEM!

Also, my Hex Editing Vocabulary is non-existent so I'm sorry for the misuse of any terms!

As it was pointed out several pages ago, the offsets for the skills are 0x1fb30 - 0x1fc57, with each skill being made up of 8 bytes.

YKNJo1Z.png

With 0x1fc50 - 0x1fc57, for example, holding the bytes for "Water Magic"

iZZWWEQ.png

The first thing I noticed was that the 5th byte denotes the skill level. In the image bellow for example, we know that this particular skill is at lvl.20 because "14" is the Hexadecimal Value for "20"

8ZVMTqr.png

Keeping this in mind. I tried to change this value on all other skills to max them. However, this didn't work as all it did was give me negative experience, which meant that the skill reverted back to its original level when I tried to use it.

What I realized then was that the 2nd to 4th bytes held information on how much exp had been earned. Unfortunately after researching it I still dont know how exactly how these values work. However, copying the exp (2nd - 4th bytes) along with the skill level (5th byte) over from another skill seems to accurate level up the skill.

SbYwkoR.png

Doing this seems to change/max the skill without it reverting back to the original level. I have successfully done with the magic skills as well as with the dashing/sneaking skills without any problems. My guess is that they will work just as well with the rest of the battle skills. Don't know how well it will work with crafting/gathering, I heard that the number of trees cut, ores mined, fish fished, etc. is recorded somewhere so I don't know if having these at a number that is too low will affect the overall gathering of them? Or if the same will happen with crafting? My guess is that this information is stored in the remaining bytes so if anyone has any crafting or gathering skills maxed, I urge you to share this information with us :)

But anyway. Here are the offsets for all skills:
0x1fb30 - 0x1fb37 : Accessory Alchemy
0x1fb38 - 0x1fb3f : Alchemy
0x1fb40 - 0x1fb47 : Misc. Tailoring
0x1fb48 - 0x1fb4f : Carpentry
0x1fb50 - 0x1fb57 : Garment Tailoring
0x1fb58 - 0x1fb5f : Cooking
0x1fb60 - 0x1fb67 : Dashing
0x1fb68 - 0x1fb6f : ???
0x1fb70 - 0x1fb77 : Fishing
0x1fb78 - 0x1fb7f : Furniture Carpentry
0x1fb80 - 0x1fb87 : Armor Smithing
0x1fb88 - 0x1fb8f : Metal Smithing
0x1fb90 - 0x1fb97 : Woodcutting
0x1fb98 - 0x1fb9f : Meat Cuisine
0x1fba0 - 0x1fba7 : Medicinal Alchemy
0x1fba8 - 0x1fbaf : Mining
0x1fbb0 - 0x1fbb7 : ???
0x1fbb8 - 0x1fbbf : Seafood Cuisine
0x1fbc0 - 0x1fbc7 : Sewing
0x1fbc8 - 0x1fbcf : Sneaking
0x1fbd0 - 0x1fbd7 : Smithing
0x1fbd8 - 0x1fbdf : Fabric Tailoring
0x1fbe0 - 0x1fbe7 : Egg & Veggie Cuisine
0x1fbe8 - 0x1fbef : Weapon Smithing
0x1fbf0 - 0x1fbf7 : Tools Carpentry
0x1fbf8 - 0x1fbff : Weapon Carpentry
0x1fc00 - 0x1fc07 : Wind Magic
0x1fc08 - 0x1fc0f : Archery Skill
0x1fc10 - 0x1fc17 : Dagger Skill
0x1fc18 - 0x1fc1f : Earth Magic
0x1fc20 - 0x1fc27 : Fire Magic
0x1fc28 - 0x1fc2f : ???
0x1fc30 - 0x1fc37 : Longsword Skill
0x1fc38 - 0x1fc3f : Shield Skill
0x1fc40 - 0x1fc47 : Magic Skill
0x1fc48 - 0x1fc4f : Greatsword Skill
0x1fc50 - 0x1fc57 : Water Magic

chirisu also pointed out the following:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone knows how to manual edit exp skills?
Thank you so much for your help! I was able to get the last bit of data I needed from you. Anyway. Here is the tutorial.

------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: This method of maxing all skills is still very experimental. I'm only sharing this information because more testing needs to be done. So I figured sharing this would help others perfect the method. This being said: BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE REPLACING THEM!

Also, my Hex Editing Vocabulary is non-existent so I'm sorry for the misuse of any terms!

As it was pointed out several pages ago, the offsets for the skills are 0x1fb30 - 0x1fc57, with each skill being made up of 8 bytes.

YKNJo1Z.png

With 0x1fc50 - 0x1fc57, for example, holding the bytes for "Water Magic"

iZZWWEQ.png

The first thing I noticed was that the 5th byte denotes the skill level. In the image bellow for example, we know that this particular skill is at lvl.20 because "14" is the Hexadecimal Value for "20"

8ZVMTqr.png

Keeping this in mind. I tried to change this value on all other skills to max them. However, this didn't work as all it did was give me negative experience, which meant that the skill reverted back to its original level when I tried to use it.

What I realized then was that the 2nd to 4th bytes held information on how much exp had been earned. Unfortunately after researching it I still dont know how exactly how these values work. However, copying the exp (2nd - 4th bytes) along with the skill level (5th byte) over from another skill seems to accurate level up the skill.

SbYwkoR.png

Doing this seems to change/max the skill without it reverting back to the original level. I have successfully done with the magic skills as well as with the dashing/sneaking skills without any problems. My guess is that they will work just as well with the rest of the battle skills. Don't know how well it will work with crafting/gathering, I heard that the number of trees cut, ores mined, fish fished, etc. is recorded somewhere so I don't know if having these at a number that is too low will affect the overall gathering of them? Or if the same will happen with crafting? My guess is that this information is stored in the remaining bytes so if anyone has any crafting or gathering skills maxed, I urge you to share this information with us :)

But anyway. Here are the offsets for all skills:
0x1fb30 - 0x1fb37 : Accessory Alchemy
0x1fb38 - 0x1fb3f : Alchemy
0x1fb40 - 0x1fb47 : Misc. Tailoring
0x1fb48 - 0x1fb4f : Carpentry
0x1fb50 - 0x1fb57 : Garment Tailoring
0x1fb58 - 0x1fb5f : Cooking
0x1fb60 - 0x1fb67 : Dashing
0x1fb68 - 0x1fb6f : ???
0x1fb70 - 0x1fb77 : Fishing
0x1fb78 - 0x1fb7f : Furniture Carpentry
0x1fb80 - 0x1fb87 : Armor Smithing
0x1fb88 - 0x1fb8f : Metal Smithing
0x1fb90 - 0x1fb97 : Woodcutting
0x1fb98 - 0x1fb9f : Meat Cuisine
0x1fba0 - 0x1fba7 : Medicinal Alchemy
0x1fba8 - 0x1fbaf : Mining
0x1fbb0 - 0x1fbb7 : ???
0x1fbb8 - 0x1fbbf : Seafood Cuisine
0x1fbc0 - 0x1fbc7 : Sewing
0x1fbc8 - 0x1fbcf : Sneaking
0x1fbd0 - 0x1fbd7 : Smithing
0x1fbd8 - 0x1fbdf : Fabric Tailoring
0x1fbe0 - 0x1fbe7 : Egg & Veggie Cuisine
0x1fbe8 - 0x1fbef : Weapon Smithing
0x1fbf0 - 0x1fbf7 : Tools Carpentry
0x1fbf8 - 0x1fbff : Weapon Carpentry
0x1fc00 - 0x1fc07 : Wind Magic
0x1fc08 - 0x1fc0f : Archery Skill
0x1fc10 - 0x1fc17 : Dagger Skill
0x1fc18 - 0x1fc1f : Earth Magic
0x1fc20 - 0x1fc27 : Fire Magic
0x1fc28 - 0x1fc2f : ???
0x1fc30 - 0x1fc37 : Longsword Skill
0x1fc38 - 0x1fc3f : Shield Skill
0x1fc40 - 0x1fc47 : Magic Skill
0x1fc48 - 0x1fc4f : Greatsword Skill
0x1fc50 - 0x1fc57 : Water Magic

chirisu also pointed out the following:

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usefull 100%

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There might be a better way to do this. When I posted that tutorial someone responded saying that a (better) way of properly editing skills had already been discovered, but when I asked them to explain it they never posted the correct method. I did however max my skills this way and they all seem to be working properly, I haven't ran into any problems crafting, gathering, or killing monsters --and the skills work well enough for me to solo 100% of the FL content.

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On a slightly unrelated note (but nothing is getting developed here anyways) does someone know a place besides the wikia that lists all the NPC that give you receipts? With photos of the places / NPC in game? I keep missing one receipt and I can't find it at all even with the list on wikia.

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
There might be a better way to do this. When I posted that tutorial someone responded saying that a (better) way of properly editing skills had already been discovered, but when I asked them to explain it they never posted the correct method. I did however max my skills this way and they all seem to be working properly, I haven't ran into any problems crafting, gathering, or killing monsters --and the skills work well enough for me to solo 100% of the FL content.

Might have been me and I could swear I also posted it before.
And it's because you can't just take the same value for all things. Obviously having the 14(hex) in the end to make it Rank 20 (dec) will stay. (Well. I mean obviously you can, but you shouldn't)
But the actual XP value differs depending on what you use. As I said before this is a FLOAT value. you can easily calculate which value you need to use.
According to the wiki the woodcutting skill needs 19400 XP to reach level 20.
We know this is a Float Value. 19400 as FLOAT is 00 90 97 46 in hex.
Rank should be 20 in decimal. This is 14 in hex.
now we put this together and end up with
00 90 97 46 14
This would be the correct value used to max out the woodcutting skill.
Code:
   Hex used    -  EXP  - Exampleskill
=====================================
00 90 97 46 14 - 19400 - Woodcutting
00 F8 A7 46 14 - 21500 - Longsword
00 00 7A 45 14 -  4000 - Shield
00 58 98 46 14 - 19500 - Greatsword

I believe I might have posted the Offsets before as well. (I know you posted them now, too)
These are translated. So if the names are not correct feel free to fix them. But you should understand what they are.
Code:
1FB30 - Accessory Alchemy
1FB38 - Alchemy
1FB40 - Misc Tailoring
1FB48 - Carpentry
1FB50 - Clothing Tailoring
1FB58 - Cooking
1FB60 - Sprint
1FB68 - #のうぎょう(削除) | Agriculture (Unused)
1FB70 - Fishing
1FB78 - Furniture-Carpentry
1FB80 - Armor Smithing
1FB88 - Metal Smithing
1FB90 - Woodcutting
1FB98 - Meat Cooking
1FBA0 - Elementary Alchemy
1FBA8 - Mining
1FBB0 - #ひるね(削除) | Nap (Unused)
1FBB8 - Seafruit Cooking
1FBC0 - Tailoring
1FBC8 - Sneaking
1FBD0 - Smithing
1FBD8 - Fabric Tailoring
1FBE0 - Egg&Vegetable Cooking
1FBE8 - Weapon Smithing
1FBF0 - Wooden Tools
1FBF8 - Wooden Weapons
1FC00 - Wind Magic
1FC08 - Bow
1FC10 - Dagger
1FC18 - Earth Magic
1FC20 - Fire Magic
1FC28 - #かくとう(削除) | Fighting (Unused)
1FC30 - Longsword
1FC38 - Shield
1FC40 - Magic
1FC48 - Greatsword
1FC50 - Watermagic

For those who do have Cheat Engine I could upload a CT which has all the offsets and stuff I've found so far. You can just load in your save and edit most of the things.
It was the base for the save editor I started working on.
It includes Item Editing (also the usage of Brain.exe is still required) and a good amount of other things.
Skill Editing, Life Editing etc.
I found how to basically "unlock" the DLC on the Savegame but I still need to figure the checksum algorithm. (and yes the checksum somehow varies depending on DLC/noDLC)

If anyone is good at reversing algorithms. Feel free to message me.

Last edited by TheDeKay,

TheOne61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you possibly upload the CT for those of us who aren't comfortable hex editing? I wanna edit my skills but am scared I will ruin my save by hex editing anything.

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
Here a really scaled down version of the CT.
ThEz5sr.png
Only put Class/Life Editing and Skill Editing in there.
You can change the Rank and the Stars/Experience of them.
I removed everything else in the CT for now since the Save Editor basically works and some of the things may be difficult to use.

I put Skills in there since the Save Editor doesn't include them.
And Classes/Lifes since the Save Editor has a Bug where it will save No License and Adept as Fletchling instead.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE EDITING.
Cheat Engine edits your File in realtime. Therefore changes are saved AUTOMATICLY.
  1. Install Cheat Engine if not done already
  2. Start the .CT file
  3. Load your Savegame file
    1. Press File in the Top Left
    2. Press Open File
    3. Choose your Savegame File
    4. The Process should be "Physical Memory" now
  4. Edit whatever you want to edit.
  5. Profit?

I am not responsible for any broken savegames.

Attachments

• Skill Editor v0.1.CT.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by TheDeKay,
Reactions: CoopLink

CoopLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here a really scaled down version of the CT.
ThEz5sr.png
Only put Class/Live Editing and Skill Editing in there.
You can change the Rank and the Stars/Experience of them.
I removed everything else in the CT for now since the Save Editor basically works and some of the things may be difficult to use.

I put Skills in there since the Save Editor doesn't include them and Classes since the Save Editor has a Bug in there.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE EDITING.
Cheat Engine edits your File in real Time. Changes are saved AUTOMATICLY.
  1. Install Cheat Engine if not done already
  2. Start the .CT file
  3. Load your Savegame file
    1. Press File in the Top Left
    2. Press Open File
    3. Choose your Savegame File
    4. The Process should be "Physical Memory" now
  4. Edit whatever you want to edit.
  5. Profit?

I am not responsible for any broken savegames.
THATS ALL MAN! YOU RE GOD! Im going to be one of the first testers, im going to post the results here!

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
I am interested in this CT. What is it exacly and how does it work? I want to modifie my skills but I don't understant how. Can someone help me please?
A CT is a Cheat Table for Cheat Engine, which is basically a memory editor. This CT has a small GUI to make it easier. By using it you can modify the Lifes/Skills of your Fantasy Life Savegame.
An explanation on how to use it can be found in my previous post.

THATS ALL MAN! YOU RE GOD! Im going to be one of the first testers, im going to post the results here!
Hope you get good results. It worked fine in my tests though. Let me know if you run into any problems.

upload_2016-1-20_19-34-53.png

Last edited by TheDeKay,
Reactions: signz and KaduPSE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol