ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A CT is a Cheat Table for Cheat Engine, which is basically a memory editor. This CT has a small GUI to make it easier. By using it you can modify the Lifes/Skills of your Fantasy Life Savegame.
An explanation on how to use it can be found in my previous post.

Hope you get good results. It worked fine in my tests though. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Waiting anxiously for this. The tool on this thread doesn't run on my computer (Linux).

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A CT is a Cheat Table for Cheat Engine, which is basically a memory editor. This CT has a small GUI to make it easier. By using it you can modify the Lifes/Skills of your Fantasy Life Savegame.

So I install cheat engine on my computer and use the savegame from the savefl on my 3DS?

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have another problem, I can't export my fantasy life save with savedatafiler, it says CTR card broken. I searched in these forums and I ofund that fantasy life is a card 1 or something like that. I followed the tutorial but nothing, still CTR card broken. Can someone help me?

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I figured out that the save file is the one on the SD card, no need to use savedatafiler. So, here is my problem, I use fantasy life cia file and when I open the CT you gave, it first ask me if I want to run the lua script. I do not know what is the lua script but I click yes. Then, I load my save from my SD card and it asks me if I want to keep the current adress list/code list. Again, I do not know what this is but I click yes. Then, I go select a skill, like dashing skill and I put my rank to 15. In the experience section, between the skill name and the skill rank, is written -1.#QNAN. I do not know what it is but I didn't touch it. After that, not knowing what to do I just quit the programm without knowing if I need to save or something.

I know, TheDeKay, that you posted a tutorial in this thread at page 26, but it doesn't help me. Can you post a new tutorial that explain everything?

Last edited by DarkCain,

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I figured out that the save file is the one on the SD card, no need to use savedatafiler. So, here is my problem, I use fantasy life cia file and when I open the CT you gave, it first ask me if I want to run the lua script. I do not know what is the lua script but I click yes. Then, I load my save from my SD card and it asks me if I want to keep the current adress list/code list. Again, I do not know what this is but I click yes. Then, I go select a skill, like dashing skill and I put my rank to 15. In the experience section, between the skill name and the skill rank, is written -1.#QNAN. I do not know what it is but I didn't touch it. After that, not knowing what to do I just quit the programm without knowing if I need to save or something.

I know, TheDeKay, that you posted a tutorial in this thread at page 26, but it doesn't help me. Can you post a new tutorial that explain everything?

it says "-1 #QNAN" ?
Usually -1 is if you don't have the skill. But the Dashing skill should already be learned therefore show 0. Maybe I fucked up the offset calculation?
If it says #QNAN I have no Idea why that is the case. QNAN stands for quiet Not a Number, which can sometimes happen if it grabs invalid numbers/characters and puts them into the floating-point arithmetic. Maybe the Offsets are messed up?
Btw. it's the field for the EXP. You need to increase it to the appropriate Value.
For example to max out Greatsword Skill you pick Rank 20 and change EXP to 19500.
I made a lot of changes since that anyway and reworked pretty much the whole File Loading etc. So it will (hopefully) become a little easier to understand.
Av93SfN.png

The Item Editor is not fully functional since the Item Structure changes depending on the Item Type.
Until that is done I can't throw it out there since People will not listen to instructions.
For the Appeareance I need to work on the struct again to make everything working and get proper Dumps of all Names.
If anyone could provide an english RAM Dump that would be awesome. I could dump (english) Effect/Item/Appeareance Names from that.

Last edited by TheDeKay,

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says "-1 #QNAN" ?
Usually -1 is if you don't have the skill. But the Dashing skill should already be learned therefore show 0. Maybe I fucked up the offset calculation?
If it says #QNAN I have no Idea why that is the case. QNAN stands for quiet Not a Number, which can sometimes happen if it grabs invalid numbers/characters and puts them into the floating-point arithmetic. Maybe the Offsets are messed up?
Btw. it's the field for the EXP. You need to increase it to the appropriate Value.
For example to max out Greatsword Skill you pick Rank 20 and change EXP to 19500.
I made a lot of changes since that anyway and reworked pretty much the whole File Loading etc. So it will (hopefully) become a little easier to understand.
Av93SfN.png

The Item Editor is not fully functional since the Item Structure changes depending on the Item Type.
Until that is done I can't throw it out there since People will not listen to instructions.
For the Appeareance I need to work on the struct again to make everything working and get proper Dumps of all Names.
If anyone could provide an english RAM Dump that would be awesome. I could dump (english) Effect/Item/Appeareance Names from that.

Oh man, I am excited for your Item Editor! <3

CoopLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Hope you get good results. It worked fine in my tests though. Let me know if you run into any problems.

I have edited some skills, but they seem to be pretty. buggy... y managed to change a skill with its own wiki info about the amount required the level amm 12, so i edited the amount of xp and the level, but in the game, efectivily, i was level 12, but with -6000 of xp to next level, i think i can fix that cutting some trees, but when i did that, i was downgraded to a 8 level starting with 0 xp, so if someone can update the amount of xp for 15 level for any skil, it would be awesome, anything else works pretty well

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
I have edited some skills, but they seem to be pretty. buggy... y managed to change a skill with its own wiki info about the amount required the level amm 12, so i edited the amount of xp and the level, but in the game, efectivily, i was level 12, but with -6000 of xp to next level, i think i can fix that cutting some trees, but when i did that, i was downgraded to a 8 level starting with 0 xp, so if someone can update the amount of xp for 15 level for any skil, it would be awesome, anything else works pretty well

I didn't managed to change any of my skills. I do not know why. I use a cia game wich is from EUR version, not US. So maybe it has something to do with?

I rechecked my Code and also tried it myself again even with the save of someone else.
Couldn't recreate the problem. It's 100% not on my side.

Anyway. I created an easier to use Version. (CETRAINER format so it still requires Cheat Engine)
(I am probably going to switch to javascript/php and set it up on a website for multiplatform support)
FLEditorv03.png

I did not include the Item Editor yet since I have to make some kind of item analyzer. The Structure changes depending on which Item type it is.
Also I am still missing an english list of items. (Need a RAM Dump for that... anyone???)

The Appeareance Editor is not missing a little as well. (Also the Names of all that stuff... RAM DUMP PLSSS???)

Going to be in a future release. (probably once I have switched to Javascript/php)

Attachments

• Fantasy Life Save Editor v0.3.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 570
Reactions: KaduPSE

cokacommando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rechecked my Code and also tried it myself again even with the save of someone else.
Couldn't recreate the problem. It's 100% not on my side.

Anyway. I created an easier to use Version. (CETRAINER format so it still requires Cheat Engine)
(I am probably going to switch to javascript/php and set it up on a website for multiplatform support)

I did not include the Item Editor yet since I have to make some kind of item analyzer. The Structure changes depending on which Item type it is.
Also I am still missing an english list of items. (Need a RAM Dump for that... anyone???)

The Appeareance Editor is not missing a little as well. (Also the Names of all that stuff... RAM DUMP PLSSS???)

Going to be in a future release. (probably once I have switched to Javascript/php)

I can't use my save file on the editor. It opens a lua scriptor thingy, and makes it impossible to check any of the editors features...any fixes???

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't use my save file on the editor. It opens a lua scriptor thingy, and makes it impossible to check any of the editors features...any fixes???
When it asks you to run the lua script you click yes and run it.
Even though the new version (CETRAINER) should not even ask you to run it and just do so.
Then load your file by clicking "File" in the top left.
Then press "Load" and select your file.
Currently redoing it in C#.
May redo it in Javascript later.

Last edited by TheDeKay,

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does the DLC option work? Or is it there to just display whether or not you have the DLC or not?

TheOne61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm the train works perfectly, I have used it to edit my skills with no issues.
@TheDeKay I can get you a USA ram dump if you can teach me how ..? I have gateway.

reka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@TheDeKay I get the error:

Error:[string "function file_exists(file)
..."]:79: attempt to call a nil value (field 'gfind')

when try to use the newest CeTrainer(v0.3)

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
@TheDeKay I get the error:

when try to use the newest CeTrainer(v0.3)

Did you try to load your save again?
The gfind method breaks up a string. But in this case it got a nil Value and couldn't do so.
But it should check whether or not it can read anything beforehand and therefore it shouldn't even execute that method anymore. Basically preventing it from ever reading trying to break up nil values.
I assume that happened when loading the file since that's actually the only place where it could happen.
Try again. If it keeps appearing I'll recheck. I've not run into this problem before and it doesn't actually make sense from the code either.

Working on rewiritng it in C# now anyway.

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
@TheDeKay This is what I get when I use the gateway built in RAMDUMP function..

https://www.mediafire.com/?2kdaxcmu5ti5itd
Thanks a lot. Already got a working RAM Dump from @Crowhogan33 earlier.
For some reason your Dumps have different sizes and have the game stuff loaded in different regions.
(While my dumps are 128MB and have different region as well.)

Both dumps are good and I dumped the ItemIDs with names in english earlier.
I am now working on a C# Dumper to support the Unicode format of the Strings.

While I am also reworking the program Fantasy Life Editor in C#.
The Dumps helped a lot for the English Names and corresponding IDs.
Effects seem to be out of order in the RAM (which seems weird to me) or maybe I just didn't understand the order yet.

I have the Effect IDs as well though. For dumping Names it's more than enough.
For the teleport thing (grabbing coordinates and map of the Save) I need to rewrite the dump function a little to get a proper map ID dump.

The weird things are japanese strings and usually for unused Items.
I didn't use Unicode format for this dump - that's the reason.
http://pastebin.com/raw/dava4KGq

Reactions: Crowhogan33

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I tried your new CT, but I got the same error message than reka.

I tried several time to use savedatafilter but the problem stay the same. I play a EUR version of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u