ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A bootrom exploit to install a coldboot cfw (luma3ds).

It's free but you must have a compatible fw - which I suppose you do since you have ninjhax.

Follow the guide.
Thanks. Looks like I don't need a flashcart or anything… unless I'm reading it wrong…
I'll look into it more later.
Can I stream wirelessly with this?
And can I boot into the standard FW by default?

--------------

The save editor is broken.
It won't load the actual save data, either that, or JKSV broke after I used the editor and only exports the first data I ever exported… but that seems less likely.

How do I make the save editor forget the data the save file originally had, and see what data it *currently* has?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Looks like I don't need a flashcart or anything… unless I'm reading it wrong…
I'll look into it more later.
Can I stream wirelessly with this?
And can I boot into the standard FW by default?
theres a tool called Kitkat for streaming. works very well, too.

the 'custom firmware' is essentially bypassing code signing checks. it wont look any different than normal, but you can run unsigned code, like the NTR plugin loader and other third party apps/programs. Its called custom firmware, but the actual firmware isn't altered in regards to normal use/how it looks/etc.
The save editor is broken.
It won't load the actual save data, either that, or JKSV broke after I used the editor and only exports the first data I ever exported… but that seems less likely.

How do I make the save editor forget the data the save file originally had, and see what data it *currently* has?
works fine with my save.
for the save, remember to export the EXT data, not the save data (Fantasy Life saves as EXT data, as does Monster Hunter Generations and a few other games.

Last edited by iSharingan,

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for the save, export the EXT data

Edit: Accidentally posted this reply early. check back in a minute for edits
Was posted about 5 minutes ago…

Gonna say, in order to even get as far as getting the save into the editor the first time, I would have needed to export the Extra Data…
I'm assuming there's more, though.

works fine with my save.

I emptied out my inventory into my storage.
It says I still have the same stuff in my inventory as before.

Last edited by that girl,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emptied out my inventory into my storage.
It says I still have the same stuff in my inventory as before.
the item data isn't actually deleted from your inventory. a different value is changed to show how many items remain in your inventory once more are added/removed. its not a bug - its just how the game works. Its' not quite as simple as I make it sound, which is also why the editor doesn't bother to distinguish 'phantom items' form actual ones. a little trial-and-error is enough to get the right item edited - and changing 'phantom items' by accident has no effect on gameplay as they effectively dont exist in-game.

Was posted about 5 minutes ago…
its finished as of just after your reply. there's no way to delete without mod intervention, so I just updated it.

Last edited by iSharingan,

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the item data isn't actually deleted from your inventory. a different value is changed to show how many items remain in your inventory once more are added/removed. its not a bug - its just how the game works. Its' not quite as simple as I make it sound, which is also why the editor doesn't bother to distinguish 'phantom items' form actual ones. a little trial-and-error is enough to get the right item edited - and changing 'phantom items' by accident has no effect on gameplay as they effectively dont exist in-game.
So, I have several invisible items that stack between 1 and 99 according to the editor…… Including multiple stacks of 1 Dragon King Cape, and other armour… which should say 0… Hm…
And I'm going to have to release my pets each time I do this, so I can rebuy them with the correct names… The roman numeral at the end keeps getting removed…
And I'm a bit bummed I can't change the "Made by:" info… even if it would be limited to a drop-down list…
But this is better than nothing, thank you all for your help.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have several invisible items that stack between 1 and 99 according to the editor…… Including multiple stacks of 1 Dragon King Cape, and other armour… which should say 0… Hm…
On top of not being removed, quantities are never set to 0 (as there's no need due to the item presence indicator begin changed)
And I'm going to have to release my pets each time I do this, so I can rebuy them with the correct names… The roman numeral at the end keeps getting removed…
the namaes are stored in plain text. if you know how to use a hex editor at all, you can edit the named directly. Keep in mind there's a 'gap byte' between each letter (always 00 for everything the game supports normally). Keep in mind the character limit or you could be editing other data by using too long of names.
And I'm a bit bummed I can't change the "Made by:" info… even if it would be limited to a drop-down list…
again, its also stored in plain text if you hex edit. items are 60 bytes long and its the same 'offset' from the item ID for all items of the same type. the data always follows a "þÿ" (hex values FE FF) in the item structure and has the same limits as the player name.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On top of not being removed, quantities are never set to 0 (as there's no need due to the item presence indicator begin changed)
Well, I took out the items I wanted to edit, saved, loaded the save into the editor, edit those items, or so I though. Only a handful actually got edited… I don't know how to find what items are actually present, and which are ghosts of items I've sold off… Since each armour, weapon, or tool creates a new ghost, cause no stacking, when I edit the three I thought I had of a Great Philosopher's Stone, I only edited the first one, the second and third where ghosts, and of the 7 others only 2… somewhere amungst them, are actually there…
Still better than no item at all.

the namaes are stored in plain text. if you know how to use a hex editor at all, you can edit the named directly. Keep in mind there's a 'gap byte' between each letter (always 00 for everything the game supports normally). Keep in mind the character limit or you could be editing other data by using too long of names.
If I knew what the values of the Roman Numerals (which actually alter the 00 part, that's why the 00s are there, as there are more than 255 characters in the game.) then I would.

again, its also stored in plain text if you hex edit. items are 60 bytes long and its the same 'offset' from the item ID for all items of the same type. the data always follows a "þÿ" (hex values FE FF) in the item structure and has the same limits as the player name.
Ah, that's good to know. So… I'll have to figure out what part is the flag for if the item is there or not, and turn it on for my items that I edited…

Thank you for the help~♪!

JustForThis11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I know I'm super late on this and I'm not sure if someone will reply, but I'm having an issue.
I'm trying to edit my save, but no matter what I do, it won't get the edits to show up in my game. See, I'm stuck on one of the Mercenary quests (Bladestorm, defeat ten enemies using Tornado Shot) because I can't quite get the combo right and it's driving me crazy. I wanted to just bump my level up to Master to bypass this but the edits won't show. I'm following the instructions on the editor exactly. Can someone help? If it helps in any way I'm using a European .cia with Origin Island unlocked and am trying to change Save Slot 1. I'm also a b9s user using JKSV to import and export.

This editor is awesome, I just wish I could get it to work for me. Thank you! ^_^

Last edited by JustForThis11,

warbob5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get the fascination some people have with online editors. All it takes is for the website to go down (which apparently it has, since the fl-editor.tk link redirects to an ad for freenom world) and then nobody can use the editor. At least if links to offline editors go down someone might have a backup, plus it doesn't require an internet connection to use. I'd use the NTR plugin, except I'm running on Citra, and importing/exporting extdata to my 3DS is annoying to do each time I want to modify something. At least the CETrainer still works.

Last edited by warbob5000,
Reactions: Nazosan

jombokits

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
any item editor that works for citra? since the online one doesn't work anymore and the item editor on CETrainer doesn't let me click on the item editor option since its grayed out. And i don't know anything about hex editing I tried it and found the ID's of the items i wanted to edit but have zero idea what to do after that. can anyone help me? i'm new to hex editing.

Last edited by jombokits,

jombokits

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Untitled.png View attachment 151254
well if you have all that as well as your save its as easy as just editing the weapon.
for example the weapon lets say the weapon you wanted to edit was the Demonic Dagger ID: 5800
i would search for the dagger in 4 bytes

and get the following results

after that the item pretty much follow this construct

where 797A seems to be the max amount of damage possible

-------edit
also i forgot to mention that the quality of an item is represented as a single byte in front of the effect portion of the weapon with a value from 00 to 04.

example
|Effect 2 |

I found the item which i want to edit which is plushling backpack ID: 6D03 but i have no idea how to edit it and what to do after how do i get to the part in the second img with the effect damage magic and stuff are? *removed the photos since im new member and cant post them*

Last edited by jombokits,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it at all possible to get an offline version of that? Even if it's files that have to be put on a server or something. Obviously these sites don't stay up forever and as this has shown, until someone arbitrarily puts one back up once it goes down it's down potentially forever.

hunter24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I too am looking for a save file with all Streetpass bliss quests done. No matter how the game progresses. Thank you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn