ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi!

I;m new on this forum and first, I would like to thank you for this tool as it allowed me to rip 287 bcstm files from sticker star :)

However, the textures (or maybe models?) is another thing. There's a bunch of .bcrez (not bcres) files in a folder called grpahics which makes me obvious that there's at least textures in those.

Using an hex editor, I see the header being CGFX so I tried to open the file using EFE and it returns me an error saying even though it detected the CGFX type, there's no "DATA" at 0x00000014 and it is the case if I check using an hex editor.

Question: how can I rip data from these?

It's like, is it really a cgfx and if it is, does this tool supports them?

For references, here's an header of one of these files:

View attachment 14435

Thanks!
The compression used is the same compression as used for the nds arm9. (backwards LZ77) I implemented it in EFE already, but not yet as a decompression plugin. I will do that.

aldelaro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The compression used is the same compression as used for the nds arm9. (backwards LZ77) I implemented it in EFE already, but not yet as a decompression plugin. I will do that.

oh, so it is possible :)

Well, is there anything that can decompress this in the mean time?

Because I heard there were ots of tools for this task since like you said, it's from a nds format.

D

Deleted User

Awesome!

I'm able to load skeleton/animation data for BCRES files (though they're stored in a seperate folder), but I'm not able to export these, is that on the to do list or is it just not possible to load them because theres no 'link' to what model they're for?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh, so it is possible :)

Well, is there anything that can decompress this in the mean time?

Because I heard there were ots of tools for this task since like you said, it's from a nds format.
I think you can use dsdecmp or something similar.
Awesome!

I'm able to load skeleton/animation data for BCRES files (though they're stored in a seperate folder), but I'm not able to export these, is that on the to do list or is it just not possible to load them because theres no 'link' to what model they're for?
You mean a bcres file with just skeleton animations?

D

Deleted User

Yup, exactly that. The bravely default games have a folder for graphics, inside that is Character, but theres another seperate folder called Motion, I assume in engine theres a script that links them all correctly though.
Here are the files if you want to take a look: The only one that isn't a skeleton is PCF1_J00.bcres

Edit: Would you be able to explain whats different about this bch file compared to the pokemon bch files?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7797280/select_bg04.bch

If I can edit the header hopefully I can open it with Ohana.

Luis Ferrari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would this program help me extract 3d models from a already decrypted room? I'm stuck at it and can't seem to find anything/anyone to help me get the models from the rom.

aldelaro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ok, I messed eith the files for a lot of times and it somehow worked...

First, the dsdecomp actually did detected a very few amount of file as lz-ovl compressed and decompressed them, but most of them didn't worked. It simply doesn't find any compressions so, you might want to double check the files or try to take them into consideration when impementing the plugins.

Those are the files that did worked:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mk62hgmmctt2yq2/cgfx ripped.7z?dl=0

Basically, from the files I sent you earlier, if it's not one on this 7z, it means I wasn't able to get a decompressed output from dsdecomp version 5 alpha 2 (the release simply didn't work on those at all).

But I also send you this link for another reasons: those that did got decompressed successfully also somehow worked. If I open themin EFE, it can behave in 3 different patterns. Either it reads, but fail on opening complaining it didn't find the word "DICT" far in the file, either it reads and open, but outputs an error when it says that it sets a value of -255 for apha or either it simply reads and open properly.

The first case is just weird. I don't know if it's a bug but for your testing, I have listed 5 files that I tested and returned the DICT error:

btl_mag_00
EFF_ac_excellent_flash
pm_koopa
ROBJ_Battery_1
e_teresa_k

Again, you can have these files in the link I just sent.

The second case however is very rare. I can't export because of this, but I can view the textures and I just can't do anything on the model viewer. I only know the file bt_yos_05 did this.

As for the third case, it just works perfectly. Sure the model viewer might lags if the model viewer has a lot of data, but it views and export just fine (I even tested the files with blender, works).

Now, I do have one thing to say, is there any way to zoom in and out in the model viewer?

anyway, I wonder if you could check these problems because I only got a very few amount of files that I could rip. I know there's a python script somewhere if I want to batch proccess them, but I still can't get al cgfx I need so, might check this too. And of course, the alpha error as well as the read error....it might be bugs.

Still, I'm happy because some of the models I got were entire maps.

So, thanks anyway!

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, I messed eith the files for a lot of times and it somehow worked...

First, the dsdecomp actually did detected a very few amount of file as lz-ovl compressed and decompressed them, but most of them didn't worked. It simply doesn't find any compressions so, you might want to double check the files or try to take them into consideration when impementing the plugins.

Those are the files that did worked:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mk62hgmmctt2yq2/cgfx ripped.7z?dl=0

Basically, from the files I sent you earlier, if it's not one on this 7z, it means I wasn't able to get a decompressed output from dsdecomp version 5 alpha 2 (the release simply didn't work on those at all).

But I also send you this link for another reasons: those that did got decompressed successfully also somehow worked. If I open themin EFE, it can behave in 3 different patterns. Either it reads, but fail on opening complaining it didn't find the word "DICT" far in the file, either it reads and open, but outputs an error when it says that it sets a value of -255 for apha or either it simply reads and open properly.

The first case is just weird. I don't know if it's a bug but for your testing, I have listed 5 files that I tested and returned the DICT error:

btl_mag_00
EFF_ac_excellent_flash
pm_koopa
ROBJ_Battery_1
e_teresa_k

Again, you can have these files in the link I just sent.

The second case however is very rare. I can't export because of this, but I can view the textures and I just can't do anything on the model viewer. I only know the file bt_yos_05 did this.

As for the third case, it just works perfectly. Sure the model viewer might lags if the model viewer has a lot of data, but it views and export just fine (I even tested the files with blender, works).

Now, I do have one thing to say, is there any way to zoom in and out in the model viewer?

anyway, I wonder if you could check these problems because I only got a very few amount of files that I could rip. I know there's a python script somewhere if I want to batch proccess them, but I still can't get al cgfx I need so, might check this too. And of course, the alpha error as well as the read error....it might be bugs.

Still, I'm happy because some of the models I got were entire maps.

So, thanks anyway!

I will first look if it isn't a problem with dsdecmp.

You can zoom in/out by scrolling or using then + and - keys.

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you planing of adding support for creating multichanal .bcstm support?
Because I want to edit my NSMB2 music and the .bcstms created with EFE crashes the game

aldelaro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so, I messed with the files again and I have good news: it was dsdecomp tat was deffective.

I got another set of tools for this purpose and it worked. I realised that most of the games was compressed so it decompressed a lot, minus some fles....but tose are weird....).

Anyway, I unfortnately still wasn't able to rip everything. Mainly because of the error that complains it can't find the wod "DICT" and I don;t get it because the file is fullt decompressed....oh well, I might just enjoy the textures rip of the python script in the mean time...

Also, there were another set of errors. Some time, the program complains it eceived a negative value for red, green or blue. This seems to be a big because if I continue the excution, it opens the textures successfully, but if I try to check the model or export it, it doesn't work and give me the exception again.

And I got another one, but this one seems to occur if I try to export a model without textures attached to it. I honestly didn't understood the error....it was a weird one....

with all this, I ripped 60-70% of what I could rip. If the DICT thing is fixed, I think this could go up to 90-100%. I'm so close that I have to thank you again for this program :)

Really, I ripped most of the maps....

Reactions: I pwned U!

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so, I messed with the files again and I have good news: it was dsdecomp tat was deffective.

I got another set of tools for this purpose and it worked. I realised that most of the games was compressed so it decompressed a lot, minus some fles....but tose are weird....).

Anyway, I unfortnately still wasn't able to rip everything. Mainly because of the error that complains it can't find the wod "DICT" and I don;t get it because the file is fullt decompressed....oh well, I might just enjoy the textures rip of the python script in the mean time...

Also, there were another set of errors. Some time, the program complains it eceived a negative value for red, green or blue. This seems to be a big because if I continue the excution, it opens the textures successfully, but if I try to check the model or export it, it doesn't work and give me the exception again.

And I got another one, but this one seems to occur if I try to export a model without textures attached to it. I honestly didn't understood the error....it was a weird one....

with all this, I ripped 60-70% of what I could rip. If the DICT thing is fixed, I think this could go up to 90-100%. I'm so close that I have to thank you again for this program :)

Really, I ripped most of the maps....

Which set of tools did you use?

Reactions: The Cringe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All that she wants, is another storefront.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The homeless live in the compactors at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, new south park releases at midnight sadly no leaks yet damn companies are learning
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea tomorrow, I'll just torrent it and watch. Its about diet pills and Cartman losing weight or something.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny part is my brother did that injection thing
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Funny part is my brother did that injection thing