[RELEASE] Ever17 -The Out of Infinity- PSP English Translation

POST01_2small.jpg

:arrow: UPDATE (24/05/2017): Fixed missing commas and a couple of typos.
Full patch: https://goo.gl/CU84FL (MEGA) https://waa.ai/zvqF.zip (MediaFire)

Happy Ever17 day, everyone! Today is the day Ever17 story takes off. And for people who like to enjoy their visual novels on the go this is a good opportunity to replay this great VN. Here is a Beta patch for the PSP version of the game! This patch is based on English PC version of the game, all credit for the TL goes to people who translated the PC version.
Code:
Change log
Beta 4 - Fixed missing commas and a couple of typos.
Beta 3 - Fixed a crash in Tsugumi/Sora ending, fixed a bunch of typos, TL more UI stuff, scene names and place names
Beta 2 - Initial release

Known issues:
- On some lines, text overflows the text box. Full line is still visible in the backlog.
- Tips are not translated (and due to a lack of a translator, it is unlikely they will be translated by us, if you'd like to help, please contact us on our Discord!)

:arrow: Download link (Beta 4): https://goo.gl/CU84FL (MEGA) https://waa.ai/zvqF.zip (MediaFire) (Please do not reupload without permission!)

Installation instructions:
1. Unzip archive into a folder.
2. Drag your original Ever17 PSP iso onto patch.bat (iso has to be in the same folder)
3. Enjoy!

:arrow: Feel free to join our Discord for reporting issues, getting updates on latest projects and just having a good time:
https://discord.gg/qK2VN4m

Last edited by MrComputerRevo,

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only VN I tried was Steins Gate and I loved it. Ill give this a try :)
Then play Remember 11... It may be the most similar VN to S;G actually. Also two of the writers also worked on S;G and S;G 0 later on. Ever 17 and Remember 11 also share the same composer as S;G (Takeshi Abo).
Both VNs are fantastic reads, but I enjoyed R11 more than Ever 17 actually.

Last edited by moonblood666,

Arsym

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R11 is my favorite of the two, but I'd definitely recommend both.

We're actually working on a patch for the PC version of Ever17 which fixes the translation and grammar, among other things. The text editing is already complete, all that's left is to implement the changes and do some playtesting. I'll create a thread here once we're done!

Reactions: crimsonwolf8439

Razzee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is any hope for a English-patched ISO of Never7 for PSP?

I swear I tried to make it work on PC, but it is too ancient to give in and boot up on a modern system. :(

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is any hope for a English-patched ISO of Never7 for PSP?

I swear I tried to make it work on PC, but it is too ancient to give in and boot up on a modern system. :(

Windowed mode worked for me on Windows 10 to prevent the constant crashes. You may have also to experimented with the graphics settings the game provides and try different OS compatibility modes. After that it should run like a charm.

Quite honestly it was a major headache to get it running but the diligence totally payed off. It's one of my favourite romance/dating focused VNs (and that means much from me since I hate dating sim and eroge VNs). Really great pacing and a much much better translation than Ever 17.

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which file houses the script, and is it possible to change this to the new Himmel translation?
I've never gotten the patch to run without being buggy in places, is there any hint to get this to work better? Should I MD5 check my rom?

Razzee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I initiated my playthrough yesterday and noticed a lot of commas missing, as well as other minor visual glitches. After the "119 hours" event, commas started showing up.

It's still a hundred times better than having to deal with an ancient 4:3 PC port.

I will keep taking screenshots of these issues so you can fix them for the definitive release.

EDIT: I returned to say that I finished the game today, but I didn't take any more screenshots since I transferred my playthrough from PSP to PPSSPP (there was one day when I played Ever17 for 11 hours straight, which is is too long of a longevity for the autonomy of a PSP battery). There are many, numerous missing commas, but as I didn't want to set my televisor (third monitor) as primary video device every time I wanted to play, this PSP port helped a lot. So, thanks. Still looking forward to a PSP port of Never7 translated to English, since there is one element that both games share and is only explained in Never7.

Last edited by Razzee,

Weda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I initiated my playthrough yesterday and noticed a lot of commas missing, as well as other minor visual glitches. After the "119 hours" event, commas started showing up.

It's still a hundred times better than having to deal with an ancient 4:3 PC port.

I will keep taking screenshots of these issues so you can fix them for the definitive release.

EDIT: I returned to say that I finished the game today, but I didn't take any more screenshots since I transferred my playthrough from PSP to PPSSPP (there was one day when I played Ever17 for 11 hours straight, which is is too long of a longevity for the autonomy of a PSP battery). There are many, numerous missing commas, but as I didn't want to set my televisor (third monitor) as primary video device every time I wanted to play, this PSP port helped a lot. So, thanks. Still looking forward to a PSP port of Never7 translated to English, since there is one element that both games share and is only explained in Never7.

Ancient Port?

Also noticed some other typos.
-When there are lots of texts, not all texts fit the dialogue boxes
-Sometimes when the character is talking, his/her name is on dialogue box instead of name box
-"Quick Load" in menu is written "Quik Load".
-"You Good Ending" in playing log is replaced by "Sara Good Ending". So there are double "Sara Good Ending", each is next to "You Bad Ending" and "Sara Bad Ending".

Enjoy the game a lot thanks to this patch that I can play in portable port. :D

BTW is it possible to delete a save slot without wiping out system data? Seems like all kind of saves are in one file on memory stick. My mistake for overusing tons of save slots on my first playthrough.

Last edited by Weda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.