• Views 229,388
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 87

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey d0k3, great work with this... it comes in handy!
i do have a question/issue.
emunand9 (including the latest release) does not seem to launch properly all the time. 3/4 times it will lead to a black screen, causing me to power off the device in order to attempt launching it again.
i'm using your latest release 20160201, only the files inside the "3ds/emunand9" folder. using menuhax & launching via CTRBootManager --> HBL. n3ds 9.2 sysnand, 10.5 emunand (rei)

is there a way to increase my success rate of launching emunand9?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
emunand9 (including the latest release) does not seem to launch properly all the time. 3/4 times it will lead to a black screen, causing me to power off the device in order to attempt launching it again.
i'm using your latest release 20160201, only the files inside the "3ds/emunand9" folder. using menuhax & launching via CTRBootManager --> HBL. n3ds 9.2 sysnand, 10.5 emunand (rei)

Not really. That's just the nature of the loader it's built on, it can fail to execute properly sometimes and you will be met with lovely black screens. Which obviously is a result of the exploit in the background (loader) failing and hard locking the system.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

If you're really interested in increasing the boot rate, get informed about the Voodoo parameter and try around with it (it's in the BrahmaAppInfo file inside the resources folder). The optimal Voodoo parameter depends on 3DS type (N3DS/O3DS), FW version and maybe stuff that we don't know of yet, though, so you'll mainly be helping yourself.

This will work anywhere emuNAND works. Except for palentine CFW, but we won't talk about that :)
Have to correct that for a bit... EmuNAND9 should be able to backup RedNANDs (as used by Palantine), but not to create RedNANDs.

nice, ill do that then :)

but will that work on both versions then? yours and the edited one?
The text only version doesn't need additional files, only the UI version does.

Last edited by d0k3,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah I see, well, I tried putting it in the folder in 3ds, but no go, black screen was all I got :P
Okay, I have to correct... The *.bin files from /E9UI go to /3DS/EmuNAND9UI/UI/ (subfolder 'UI' of the EmuNAND9UI installation folder), then it should work.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, that's where they are already :)

ill test it again...

edit, nope, still black screen O.o
Nope. Just confirmed it myself.
Only works if the graphics are in the path defined at build time (in this case /E9UI ).
Okay, both of you are right. Problem is here and here. You can try putting these files into //3DS/EmuNAND9/UI/ instead and it will work. Or, @Shadowtrance, you need to change the name inside the BrahmaAppInfo, then it will work as it is intended.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, both of you are right. Problem is here and here. You can try putting these files into //3DS/EmuNAND9/UI/ instead and it will work. Or, @Shadowtrance, you need to change the name inside the BrahmaAppInfo, then it will work as it is intended.
Ahh.. whoops. Always forget about that file. haha D9 will probably need that changed too i guess.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahh.. whoops. Always forget about that file. haha D9 will probably need that changed too i guess.
By the way, while we're at it... would you be interested in a modification of the progress indicator? Maybe a progress bar on the bottom screen and you could leave some space for that in the work in progress GFX? Should be pretty easy to code and will prevent the progress indicator wrecking havoc on the console GFX.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, while we're at it... would you be interested in a modification of the progress indicator? Maybe a progress bar on the bottom screen and you could leave some space for that in the work in progress GFX? Should be pretty easy to code and will prevent the progress indicator wrecking havoc on the console GFX.
Sounds pretty good to me. :)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahh @d0k3 am i doing something wrong here?
Changed the name in appinfo in the resources folder, rebuilt, put the gfx in the emunand9 folder in UI sub folder and it isn't finding the gfx...
Name changed to EmuNAND9UI, and GFX inside //3DS/EmuNAND9UI/UI? It should work then!

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a few errors using both the original and GUI versions.
GUI (on boot):

EmuNAND: SD not ready

SD storage: Unknown filesystem
Not found: *garbled text, looks like a few letters squashed together*.bin

--
Original (attempting to dump SysNAND to file):
Creating NAND.bin ...
Could not create NAND.bin!

Dump SysNAND to file: Failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

Attempting to dump SysNAND before making an emuNAND, through reiNAND, and yellows8's HBL CIA. The same happened from menuhax on normal sysNAND too.

Burnered

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Whats the difference between injecting sysnand to emunand and cloning sysnand to emunand? Could tis be used to transfer saves from sysnand to an unlinked emunand without deleting all my stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters