Hacking [Release] Date-A-Live Twin Edition: Rio Reincarnation [PCSG00599] [English patcher v0.95]

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Here’s an English port of Date-A-Live Twin Edition: Rio Reincarnation using the PC assets. Was originally just helping out with this port until it was handed to me. Kinda an easy port and didn't have to make scripts, just a hack-job on hex editing was enough for the dialog, but it still took me long enough to finish the port cause of health reasons. Anyways tested the game and finished all three games and all routes two times using a guide and it seems to works fine, also my some of my friends tested it so it seems good enough for a public release.

What’s done:
v0.95
○ Fixed line breaks for 400 text dialog (this time I need to make a quick dirty script)
○ Fixed accent charters font
○ Fixed dialog proceed icon displaying within the text display area
○ other text fixes
v0.90
○ Ported All English text and images
○ Merged the PC English vocaless videos with vita's video track

What’s not translated:
○ Trophies (not a good idea to translate this)
○ Game title on save text (some user on 3.65 have problems with eboots mods on my previous releases so I did not bother to mod this)
○ Game digital Manual

Bugs:
○ Some text may have really big text or have wrong indentation (Center text) (fixable, just report it), but I believe I've iron out most of them with the help of my beta testers.

Requirements:
○ Hacked Vita (Enso/h-encore 3.60/3.65/3.68)
○ Repatch plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working)
○ NoNpDrm plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working)
○ Vitashell
○ FTP program (Winscp recommended)
○ This English patch

Link:
English windows xdelta patcher for rePatch v0.95 (MD5 Hash: 1818b4c581c549fd7ad21f20e12b1d1a)

How to patch (Windows):
01. Install the Game on your Vita or insert cart.
02. Extract English patch archive to a folder. ex: "Date-A-Live_TERR_patcher"
03. Using Vitashell browse gro0:app/ (if cart) or ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
04. Highlight the PCSG00599 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted
05. Press Select and connect Via FTP
06. Using your favorite FTP application on the PC, browse gro0:app/ (if cart)
or ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
07. Copy PCSG00599 folder to the PC (Date-A-Live_TERR_patcher folder) and rename it to PCSG00599_base
08. Run patch_decrypted.bat and Press Y then ENTER and wait for it to finish patching
09. Copy the contents of inside Copy_to_VITA_ux0 folder to your Vita's ux0 folder & overwrite all
10. Play the game.

How to install:
1. Copy the contents of inside Copy_to_VITA_ux0 folder to your Vita's ux0 folder, be sure to have NoNpDrm and rePatch plugin (v3.0) properly installed and working.
2. Run the game.

Additional Notes:
○ WARNING!!! Previous Japanese saves may won't work on this English patch, be sure to delete all saves and system saves before starting the game using this patch.
○ Some characters whisper in-game and will display a somewhat small text and also some shout dialogs also display a bit bigger text (not too big).
○ Special thanks to JF Deyto and Eij McBride for beta testing
○ Checkout TheRadziu NoNpDRM-modding guide for more info about dumping decrypted vita files.
○ Tested on a Slim and Fat 3.68 h-encore and 3.65 Vita TV.
How bugs look like in this game
○ If there are major text bug’s and you want it fixed, just message me by googling froid_san or happydance and send a screenshot of it or the text before or after the text bug.

Video:

Dillicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thank you for this patch.

Secondly, I've been playing the games and was getting errors during the opening (C2-12828-1) and while putting the game on hold and going back to the vita homescreen, I deleted the game and try it again without using maidump and the opening works now without crashing, but still has those errors when I leave the game up and go back to the homescreen, would you happened to know what could possibly be causing it? Many thanks.

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i hope you also check on the gungun pixies it already english in pc

did a partial translation of that game last year and I was also taking a look at it a last week because I saw a gbatemp post of a user requesting to port the lewd mod from the vita to switch, I also have this wished-listed on steam but just found out it was scheduled for November lols

...and things don't go easily as just copy pasting and the font file need to be reworked on, to make it whole I got no clue what the hell its font file is. and that's just the 1 issue, bets there are still tons more.

Here's a vid of it showing why the font needs fixing.

Miracutor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
In Rinne Utopia, the date of the last day in every route (I haven't played yet Kurumi and Rinne, so I don't know it also same in those routes) has same date with the previous date.

ArtistofLegacy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same for Kurumi's route. Rinne's doesn't get to that point.

Also at the end of the amusement park date in Yoshino's route, the screen fades to black earlier than intended, having it happen while Yoshinon is speaking.

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
In Rinne Utopia, the date of the last day in every route (I haven't played yet Kurumi and Rinne, so I don't know it also same in those routes) has same date with the previous date.

date on the upper right screen on the map? or the one that appears where the dialog box should appear at the begging of each day?

It's the same for Kurumi's route. Rinne's doesn't get to that point.

Also at the end of the amusement park date in Yoshino's route, the screen fades to black earlier than intended, having it happen while Yoshinon is speaking.
while Yoshinon voice is being played or while the text is being displayed?

ArtistofLegacy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
date on the upper right screen on the map? or the one that appears where the dialog box should appear at the begging of each day?
The image at the beginning of each day.

while Yoshinon voice is being played or while the text is being displayed?
While the voice is being played.

Oh I also just remembered that the yen symbol doesn't appear at all.

ArtistofLegacy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going through Arusu Install now. So far the only thing I caught was that on the 3rd day, in the scene after Kurumi's event, when you meet Maria, I think you forgot to insert Kurumi's line so everything is 1 dialogue box ahead. Not sure if it's the same for other routes right now.

Q6DR7Ab.png

EDIT - Wasn't the case for Tohka or Miku. Might be like this because Kurumi speaks earlier.

Speaking of which, more stuff I've encountered so far.

Day 1 Tohka event.

mNXzvHv.png
X87SU7H.png

Day 1 post-Miku event.

2KWnDHb.png

Last edited by ArtistofLegacy,
Reactions: swosho

NaRayquaza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks a lot, I'll try this asap!

I'm very glad to find something like this, I cracked the PC version but it crashes randomly (lol bad portings) and the mouse pointer just won't go away, it may be better to just play this (plus Trophies) even with lower quality pictures is still better than crashes, censorship and pointers.

P.S. Is it finished though? Or are you planning to release new versions?

ReanUnfazeD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is this ps vita version of RR the same with the pc and ps4??? What is the difference?? Im afraid I might miss something

maikel_12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i dont have words! i can play this beautifull game on my little PSVita! i have the game on steam but on handheld psvita its the best!

you have my respect, i really thanks for this english patch! the psvita comunity is awesome, a lot of great vita games not localizated now on english! i love my psvita!

PD: you´ll do the final patch 1.0? Should I want to update the English patch 0.95 to 1.00, is there a risk of losing my saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...