tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
After renaming this file, sound is working :)

Same here! Sound's working a-okay with the CIA version now. This is freaking awesome! I remember playing this back on the PSP, but I ended up making the face-buttons work like a D-Pad and I used the nub as a camera just so I could kill those damned spiders. But now on the N3DS, the controls are just perfect!

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Same here! Sound's working a-okay with the CIA version now. This is freaking awesome! I remember playing this back on the PSP, but I ended up making the face-buttons work like a D-Pad and I used the nub as a camera just so I could kill those damned spiders. But now on the N3DS, the controls are just perfect!

Yeah! The n3ds is the portable fps machine! Or, it would be if a couple of more fps were ported!

I have reached level 5 in Hexen II now. There are so many different environment stuff to destroy. Especially when you enter the town :)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Cool! I have been playing with this build for a while now. A couple of things:

I'm testing on a N3DS. 3dsx build hax 2.6.

- I didn't notice any speed difference between the cia and 3dsx. I guess both have 804 mhz enabled?
- The cia version has no sound for me. (So I'm leaving the cia version for now)
- when closing the n3ds while ingame and opening it again, the sound gets unsynced.
- Nice with the lower black screen :) But it would be great to add an additional option how we would like to have the lower screen. We have to push the R button at the exact right moment for it to get executed. If we push too early, the game crashes. If we push the R button to late, nothing happens.
- Very nice build! It seems very stable. Hexen II rocks! :)

For the additional option: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/ctrHexenII/commit/ba3fb1788fee4ad6bddbf6340f34df137c8ddb0a

Will be added in next release.

Hector_of_Troy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got a crash with my o3ds when I try to use this lever (3dsx):
MXad4CL.png
u4YeOAS.png

And It doesn't seem like I'm able to save my controls configuration with 3dsx build, it always reverts back to default when I exit.
I tried renaming dspfirm.cdc to use csnd:SND but sound still isn't working in the cia build.

Last edited by Hector_of_Troy,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
MXad4CL.png
u4YeOAS.png

And It doesn't seem like I'm able to save my controls configuration with 3dsx build, it always reverts back to default when I exit.
I tried renaming dspfirm.cdc to use csnd:SND but sound still isn't working in the cia build.

You should use the debug console to report a crash or it's near to impossible to fix it.

Hector_of_Troy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should use the debug console to report a crash or it's near to impossible to fix it.
Oh sorry I forgot the debug was made optional in the last release. Here is a screen with the debug, I held L on startup and loaded a save in front of the lever. When i press it it doesn't show any error, just freezes.
frcx5iq.png
bex27Gu.png

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Oh sorry I forgot the debug was made optional in the last release. Here is a screen with the debug, I held L on startup and loaded a save in front of the lever. When i press it it doesn't show any error, just freezes.
frcx5iq.png
bex27Gu.png

The FindFile appears when you press the lever? Can you upload the save somewhere?

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
MXad4CL.png
u4YeOAS.png

In which stage is that lever? Sorry. It is probably Eidolons Lair :P

Edit : Hmm. Aren't that a stage from the expansion "Portal of Praevus"?

Last edited by SLiV3R,

blaydes99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome work on the new release Rinnegatamante, I've downloaded the new version and will give it a try today.

EDIT: I gave it a try. Game is running wonderfully! Controls are perfect, save/load works, and level transitions are working perfectly thus far. Much appreciated.

I've run into the same sound bug as others - DSP sound does not appear to be working in the CIA version. But DSP sound works well with the homebrew .3dsx version.

Last edited by blaydes99,

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I killed the first horsemen (first boss). This game is getting really scary now :P

I was wondering if anyone can help me with music support. As of now, there are only sound effects (for me). Is it possible to play midi or mp3? If it is possible with music playback, should I place the files in:
data1/music
or somewhere else?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I killed the first horsemen (first boss). This game is getting really scary now :P

I was wondering if anyone can help me with music support. As of now, there are only sound effects (for me). Is it possible to play midi or mp3? If it is possible with music playback, should I place the files in:
data1/music
or somewhere else?

Atm midi support is just dropped. I can grab the audio playback code from lpp-3ds and add it for ogg files support maybe?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah! Whatever music format (ogg, mp3, wav or midi, etc) works fine :) Would just be cool to be able to hear some music in the background :)

If you can find somewhere all the original midi files from the game (don't know if they're copyrighted, just to be sure tell me on PM in case) i can make it work like the original game but for ogg files (so there will be also a lower filesize).

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can find somewhere all the original midi files from the game (don't know if they're copyrighted, just to be sure tell me on PM in case) i can make it work like the original game but for ogg files (so there will be also a lower filesize).
Aren't all the midi files in the pak files? Are there cd music tracks too?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed that my old Hexen II cd doesn't contain the Portals folder ... Just DATA1 ... What size are all the files combined ?

Pip'

Portals folder is not required (it's for the DLC). If you leave the portals folder from the original ctrHexenII pack, you'll have a stubbed map on DLC ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.